It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the earth only 6000 years old? Proof from your own bible, it is Not.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaneWell, then I suggest you start by reading the Screwtape Letter's by C.S.Lewis. A Small book but insightful none the less.

Ciao

Shane

So, the Screwtape Letter is the real world for you? My bad. I meant, "in reality". Try some.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
So, the Screwtape Letter is the real world for you? My bad. I meant, "in reality". Try some.

Why yes!

Of course it is.

Do not misunderstand my point of view. I fully understand yours, and in the long run, I expect we will simply agree to disagree.

We, in a Spiritual sense, have a life which will far exceed the day to day of this container (our earthly bodies). We ALL where present in the First Earth Age. We now pass through this earth age, and are at the threshold of the Next Earth Age. This is the more important issue, I believe you, along with many others, fail to realize. And this is fine, in itself. One day, quite soon, you will understand what it is I mean.

With this said, it matters very little what we, collectively, do here during our limited lifespan. As a Christian, the view in respects to this may be different in some aspects, and likewise our Jewish Brothers, and Muslim Cousins may have some varied views of their own. Does this make anyone of the Faiths more or less relevant? No.

The main concern as a Christian is remain ready, and make certain, you do not comit the unpardonable sin. (If you wish to followup on this, I'll make a Post about it. It maybe something "Others" may wish to discuss as well).

But what is it, we are to be ready for? Christ's Return? No.

We are to be ready for battle. Spiritual Warfare. Paul clearly addresses this in Ephesians.
www.jesus-is-lord.com...

6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

And of course, this is what is being discussed. You deny or will not acknowledge this matter, which of course, is your right as an individual, and fellow Poster in ATS. Your views are as valid as mine. Nothing you could ever offer, could make me alter my view, as it may likewise be with you. Nothing I can offer will change your views.

In the end, we can only hope to be willing to share our views, and exchange ideals and principles on varied topics, all the while respecting each others input for what it is. A different point of view, You or I may not have considered previously.

Anyways, have a good evening Gawdzilla

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane

Oh nooooooo. The answer is plainly in the Word of GOD. Problem here is "MOST" pastors only know Doctrines and Theologies of MAN. They do not KNOW the Word of GOD. They do not even teach it. Just the Dogmas and Doctrines inspired by Corrupted and Confused MAN

So, remember, GOD is not the problem. HE's the Solution!

Ciao

Shane

So what you are saying is "most Pastors" are not teaching the correct version of Christianity. You are the sole provider of this enlightened information. How could so many pastors be wrong, and you be right. Have you started your own branch of Christianity since "Most Pastors" are wrong in their teachings?

Where can I send my cheque?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Good topic. I am glad to see some sensible Christians taking a stand against the YEC movement. There is a false dichotomy between science and the Bible that need not exist. I consider myself a progressive creationist. For anyone interested in a truly testable scientific creation model I recommend check Astrophysicist Dr Hugh Ross's work at www.reasons.org

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by UrsusMajor

So what you are saying is "most Pastors" are not teaching the correct version of Christianity.

Sadly, this may be reflective of the way things are, and would require a response indicating Yes.

You are the sole provider of this enlightened information. How could so many pastors be wrong, and you be right.

No, GOD is the provider. Not me.

How can so many pastors, ministers, clergy, etc.... be wrong. They chose to not teach the WORD of GOD.

If they can speak to the Congregation for 30 minutes, and not utilize more than two or three verses to validte or confirm the expressed point of view, then they are teaching DOGMAs, DOCTRINEs and THEOLOGIEs constrewed and constructed by Man.

If they start todays sermon, begining at Chapter __ (Fill in the Blank), of the Book of ____ (Fill in the Blank), and teach what is Written, for those 30 minutes, then they are teaching the WORD of GOD.

Another way to look at it, from a Christian sort of perspective alone

Do you open and read and make notes about words, meaning of words, with underlining of key details and cross references to other books and chapters dealing with similar occurances or events or outcomes. This is the DUTY of the "Pastor". To Teach GOD'S WORD

Or

Are the pages still, nice and crisp, and show no signs of ever seeing the light of day.

Have you started your own branch of Christianity since "Most Pastors" are wrong in their teachings?

You are already there, and I am more than pleased to offer as an example, what the WORD of GOD has to say about something.

Where can I send my cheque?

Donate it to Charity like a Neighbourhood Foodbank or an Orphanage, or something Local to you and yours. A Family striken with a serious illness/es, or suffered a Loss of Family or Home due to Flooding or Fire.

It will do more to exhibit "Christian Values" than giving it to a Clergyman who is spinning Doctrines and Dogmas from the pulpit.

Tithes are actually "Payment" for being Taught the Word of God. If this is not happening, then Donate.

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shane
Tithes are actually "Payment" for being Taught the Word of God. If this is not happening, then Donate.

Ciao

Shane

Sadly this is a very wrong theory..........tythes are a payment to God in recognition of his blessings in your life. Learning the word of God is your responsibility. Once you learn, tythe or (1/10th) is an act of respect to God for his blessings in your life, and his blessings will increase as long as you give him (1/10th). It is an eternal promise.

Paying for being taught the word is specifically addressed as wrong from Christ himself. He told his deciples not to seek or accept "payment" for teaching the word.

Seeking the kingdom of heaven IS NOT a pay as you go plan! Be wary of those who seek payment for teaching the word............

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

"tithes" are the Church's tax on people, used to support the priests and nuns so they won't have to work for a living. It's a scam like most of the Church's activities.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

"tithes" are the Church's tax on people, used to support the priests and nuns so they won't have to work for a living. It's a scam like most of the Church's activities.

To the extent this applies to the Roman Catholic false church and similar false religions YES I do agree..............similar for "mega-churches" such as "Osteen" and "Rick Warren".......

The blessing for proper tything is for the individual dating back to Abraham, but NOT for the preisthood.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

"The blessing for proper tything is for the individual dating back to Abraham, but NOT for the preisthood. "

Who said anything about blessings? I was talking cash. The priest get the cash that the poor schmuck was dumb enough to give them in return for nothing.

Talk about "how can something come from nothing?"! Every time a collection plate goes around, you're paying for nothing, and doing it voluntarily. That's just -------.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
i´ll state it again as ive done before to end this nonsence,

its not a year , its a month or a moon to be precise

when it sais (if it even sais)
" mooses was 900 years "
it states that mooses was 900 new moons ,

nothing eles

and it would make the fellow in question just slightly over 70 years old.

heck you dont have to be a genius to figure that one out.

they are not talking about years, just full circles of the moon cycle

when you use this logic youll find out that the bible and other books in collaboration with the stories become full of holes and eras where these is no written mention of anything because most of what was written was destroyed or hidden from kings and other rulers because they had a means and a perverted need to destory the old and preserv that which fittet their reign/religion/world view of "what realy happend"

so please stop with the 6000 year old lineage and even if you want to use the bible as a cronological clock of past events it wouldent still make the lineage more then 500 years at tops.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Paying for being taught the word is specifically addressed as wrong from Christ himself. He told his deciples not to seek or accept "payment" for teaching the word.

Seeking the kingdom of heaven IS NOT a pay as you go plan! Be wary of those who seek payment for teaching the word............

Sorry for expressing my view without considering the appropriate words with more care. It was around 1AM after working from 7AM. Wasn't thinking properly.

BUT, despite this, Tithes goes to where you are taught.

As you remind us all, the Teaching is free of charge.

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
if you want to know how old the earth is look to the first written record of mankind, from which much of the bible was copied. Look to the great you tube and take a gander at the translated summarian tablets, mainly the 14 tablets of the lord ENKI. The summarians knew the color , composition, number, and order of the planets in our solar system as told to them by their gods. This many years before NASA was even a concept, and even before the bible was eddited in europe.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
if you want to know how old the earth is look to the first written record of mankind, from which much of the bible was copied. Look to the great you tube and take a gander at the translated summarian tablets, mainly the 14 tablets of the lord ENKI. The summarians knew the color , composition, number, and order of the planets in our solar system as told to them by their gods. This many years before NASA was even a concept, and even before the bible was eddited in europe.

You can interpret them anyway you like. Making huge conceptual leaps in the process degrades your credibility, however.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprimeThe blessing for proper tything is for the individual dating back to Abraham, but NOT for the preisthood.

And it should be illegal to take money for services not rendered. Like offering "blessings" in exchange for money.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
i´ll state it again as ive done before to end this nonsence,

its not a year , its a month or a moon to be precise

when it sais (if it even sais)
" mooses was 900 years "
it states that mooses was 900 new moons ,

nothing eles

OKAY, I'll bite.

Year/Years = Shaneh in Hebrew.

8141 shaneh shaw-neh' (in plura or (feminine) shanah [shaw-naw']; from 8138; a year (as a revolution of time):--+ whole age, X long, + old, year(X -ly).

This is the "Specific" word found in the Books of Moses.

There is "SOME" level of ambiguity, but it does not "SPECIFICALLY" suggest it is a Solar or Lunar "revolution of time"

and it would make the fellow in question just slightly over 70 years old. heck you dont have to be a genius to figure that one out. they are not talking about years, just full circles of the moon cycle

when you use this logic youll............

Using your Logic, let's investigate this a little more, and see how it applies

Genesis 5:9 And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan:
90 Moons = 7.5 Years Old
Genesis 5:12 And Cainan lived seventy years, and begat Mahalaleel:
70 Moons = 5.8 Years Old
5:15 And Mahalaleel lived sixty and five years, and begat Jared:
65 Moons = 5.4 Years Old
Genesis 5:21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:
65 Moons = 5.4 Years Old

Using "YOUR" Logic, we have Babies, having Babies.

This is the problem with thinking you know better than GOD.

An example of this is expressed quite clearly in the next chapter

Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with
man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an
hundred and twenty years.

Your logic dictates, that after the flood, Man only lived to be 10 Years Old.

GOD's Word suggests, we at onetime, where granted a lengthy Lifespan. And what do we do in return? Mischief and other Un-GODLY acts.

And, for your record, The 6000 Year figure is only reflective of ONE THING.

It is ADAM's Lineage.

Not the Begining of the Heavens and the Earth in Genesis 1:1

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

"And, for your record, The 6000 Year figure is only reflective of ONE THING.

It is ADAM's Lineage.

Not the Begining of the Heavens and the Earth in Genesis 1:1 "

Exactly. That's a different made up number entirely. "Day" actually mean "a billion or so years, give or take 8 or 9 billion."

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

"Day" actually mean "a billion or so years, give or take 8 or 9 billion."

Actually, like with "Year" just touched upon, "Day" also has some vagueness.

Day = Yown in the Hebrew

3117 yowm yome from an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literal (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figurative (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverb):--age, + always, + chronicals, continually(-ance), daily, ((birth-), each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever(-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (... live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year(-ly), + younger.

I have noted my personal preference, since I Strongly believe the "Days" noted in the first six days of Recreation are also aligned to the Zodiac, (An Age). On the 6th day, Animals and Man are recreated. We have the Age of Leo at this time as well. That was some 13-14 thousand years ago.

But prior to this, GOD Created the Heavens and the Earth. This was MILLIONS/BILLIONS of years ago, (it really doesn't matter)

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

"But prior to this, GOD Created the Heavens and the Earth. This was MILLIONS/BILLIONS of years ago, (it really doesn't matter) "

Why is a creator required? That's a question I never get a good answer for.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Answer me some questions.

How did we get here? I mean humankind.
How was the universe created and earth put in place in such a perfect area of space to allow life?

Remember that Big Bang is still just a theory.
Remember that evolution is still just a theory.
In the same respect, God and religion is still scientifically a theory.

Look at the word "theory". Now the first four letters "theo" which is a prefix for "religion". Theology is the study of religion. So a theory is something of a religion itself. The religion of science which is what an athiest would most likely follow. In closing, an athiest or non-believer is no different than a person who believes in God or a god. Nothing can be proven in our vague understanding of things. You have a shallow argument and are doing nothing more than being rude and obnoxious. Peace out.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

"Remember that evolution is still just a theory. "

No, evolution is a fact. How it works is a theory, that is undergoing examination all the time.

As for how we got here? I took I-44 from St. Louis and got off at the correct exit. Four blocks down, make are right, 1/2 block and into my driveway. Why do you ask?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join