It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the earth only 6000 years old? Proof from your own bible, it is Not.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
What the anti-God proponents don't get is that it relates to the surface text. That's something even the proponents can't explain rationally really. It was written by men over time yes, with the Divine spirit of God following them. There are extra words that just deal with genealogies for a reason. Those are encoding everyone who would ever live. All people's life matrices are always in the same coherent fashion with the date of birth at the top left(Hebrew Bible codes are more interesting than these SIMPLE ones) and etc. There's even been exact times of death encoded down to the hour and minutes of the day it happened. In other words there is a reason you find Roswell encoded within Ye were without Christ being aliens and the like.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
These codes are here because when you spill this ink on the table it spells something. No "monkey text" ever has anything worth mentioning. Moby Dick is a sailor book, but the Titanic matrix from the Holy Bible is more descriptive than anything I've found in there.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Explain two things for me rationally. You can't. This really is what it is. This is what I think is the work of the final coming Anti-Christ. The star is very real trust me. It's not Venus either. I think its a UFO.

www.youtube.com...

share-international.org...-Signs-11481

www.maitreyaproject.org...

So again ANTI-CHRIST!!!!!

[edit on 22-4-2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

When I say recreation, I am talking about the 6000 year creation because I'm referring to the time after Genesis 1:1. The recreation you thought I was talking about is the end-times new earth and this is not what I'm referring to. So if you call the recreation creation in 6 days, my timeline is correct and there is no flaw in it. Creation, war in heaven, Job. I'm just calling it a recreation due to the fact the earth is billions of years old and God brought life back to the earth basically recreating it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

I find bible code prophecies intriguing. I first took notice to these when watching the History Channel special "Bible Codes II: Apocalypse and Beyond. I find the Dec. 21, 2012 doomsday comet quite frightening seeing that it coincides with the Mayan calendar doomsday.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8

When I say recreation, I am talking about the 6000 year creation because I'm referring to the time after Genesis 1:1. The recreation you thought I was talking about is the end-times new earth and this is not what I'm referring to. So if you call the recreation creation in 6 days, my timeline is correct and there is no flaw in it. Creation, war in heaven, Job. I'm just calling it a recreation due to the fact the earth is billions of years old and God brought life back to the earth basically recreating it.

Ok, but you still think the Job account is after the war in heaven, I don't know any Christians that believes that time line.

Virtually everything that happens in the book of Revelation takes place AFTER the Job account, it's not just the war in heaven, everything that goes along with it too. There are some things that are impossible to have taken place before the job account, like the 4 Horseman of the Apocalypse prophesy, just to name one.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

That is what Share International wants the Day of Declaration to be. On 12-21-12 they wish that Maitreya comes out openly to the world and by then all of the disasters will have peaked. Still they say it could be sooner. Maybe that's when the Maya predicted (and everyone really) he would start showing his true colors. That still leaves 3 and 1/2 years for Jesus to fulfill his sabbatical return by 2017 (though the next sabbatical cycle is due to complete along with the Feast of Trumpets cycle in 2015/2016) at the latest with the way things are going. The seven year tribulation can only start on a few select dates, since our path has dictated us to the end of times. Pray much and much more and I will do the same for everyone that live on the planet Earth. We have to hope and pray for everyone. The only thing I'm unsure of is the Rapture, which I know there is the pre-Day of the Lord period Rapture, but I'm still trying to figure out if there is a pre-tribulation rapture for the not luke-warm of faith in Yeshua and our heavenly Father.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

I am a huge objector of the rapture theory. There is plenty of scripture pointing to the fact that this so-called rapture is AFTER the tribulation when Jesus returns to earth. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17 explain the event of this Rapture to take place at the sounding of the Trumpet of God. The account in 1 Corinthians explains this to be the Last Trumpet. Even matthew 24:29-31 calls it a trumpet sound. What is this trumpet? What trumpet in the bible gives such emphasis that it is worthy to be called the trump of God or the "Last Trumpet"? That would be the 7th trumpet of the 7th seal of revelation. "Then the 7th angel sounded (his trumpet); and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!" (rev. 11:15). God's people will be protected for 3 1/2 years in the wilderness but the lukewarm christians will suffer martyrdom for the name of Christ. Though their suffering will be horrible, their reward will be greatest. For they will resurrect and become rulers in the kingdom of God here on earth. One thing you need to do is research the origins of the rapture doctrine and see where it came from and who created it. You will find that the early 1st century christians or Judeo-Christians did not teach this doctrine. It wasn't even well-known doctrine till the 1800s when Darby introduced it to protestants. Now people like Dr. Tim Lahaye are cashing in on this doctrine with books and movies like "Left Behind" and "Babylon Rising". Don't follow the misguided sheep that are being led by wolves. Instead, follow the Good Shepherd of truth and righteousness. God bless you.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

One thing you need to understand is that though the storyflow in revelation is chronological, there are a few "insets" to explain things or to give a history lesson to put people up-to-date with the symbolism of revelation. An example is in Revelation 12 which explains the woman in the wilderness giving birth to a child that will rule all the kingdoms of the world while the dragon is waiting to devouer the man-child.

Having described Christ's opening of all seven seals, John next provides, in Revelation 12, an inset describing the conflict between the woman and the dragon.
John describes a vision of a woman clothed with the sun, the moon, and 12 stars. This description hearkens back to Genesis 37:9, where in a dream Joseph had seen the family of Israel depicted by the sun, moon and stars. The bible uses a woman to symbolize a church. In a few brief verses, the entire history of the Church is traced from the time of the Congregation of Israel--the Church in the wilderness--to the end of the Great Tribulation. The woman is said to have brought forth the man child who was to rule all nations--a clear reference to Christ, who sprang out of Israel. The dragon, defined in verse 9 as Satan the devil, attempts to destroy Jesus Christ--who was taken back to heaven after His resurrection.
In verse 6, we read of the woman having to flee to the wilderness to be protected during a period of 1,260 prophetic "days"--1,260 literal years. Since this occurs after Christ's ascension, it clearly refers to the New Testament Church. Indeed, in the early fourth century AD, after the Roman emperor Constantine allied with the bishop of Rome, the true Church had to flee to remote areas. Historically, a 1,260 year period can be traced from after the Council of Nicea in 325AD, down to about 1585, when the true Church began to emerge openly once again. To understand this, you must understand God's true Church throughout history.

Later I'll explain the rebellions of Satan and how the rebellion in revelaiton is a future rebellion as opposed to the pre-creation rebellion explained in Isaiah and ezekiel. God bless you.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
[However, that book is one of the most highly edited works in history, revised, altered, corrected and changed repeatedly. So how, then, we can think it's the literal word of God?

Your point is a valid one and must be considered with care.

Today, the ONLY Bible we can have any "Faith" in being as close as possible to the Original Text, is the 1611 King James Bible.

Our "Faith" comes from the Exhaustive Work done by James Strong, and his Concordance. You do need a Book Version, since the Online Version does not express exactly what Hebrew/Greek word was used in what Chapter and Verse, BUT we have a Tool that allows us to know, with some level of confidence, the Translators in Jolly King James (THE MASON) day got job done, as best they could.

It's not perfect, but we KNOW and can CONFIRM any and all errors they may have made. Some of the problems stem from simple mistakes. Some come from the Bagage associated with DOCTRINE and THEOLOGY of Various SECTS and CULTS of Christiananity. Regardless, we can KNOW, if we choose to Study, exactly what God's Word expresses to us.

Afterall, it is a letter TO You. Each and Everyone of You have this from our Heavenly Father, and asking for Understanding is a gift which is easily bestowed in these Days

Is the Earth 6000 Years according to the Bible? Of Course Not.

Has Religion (Doctrines, Dogmas, and Theology MADEUP BY Man) told us otherwise? Of Course they have.

Who is at fault? You are for not reading the letter!!!

It may also be an interest to read the Letter for the 1611 King James Bible, which was added by the actual translators. It was included for you to read.

www.jesus-is-lord.com...

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

So, I start by assuming it's all true. Then believe that? I have a problem with the whole procedure. Why, if it's God's word, is there any controversy at all? Sounds like a pretty simple procedure for an omniscient, omnipotent god. Just make it clear that the book is the word of God. Nothing hard about it, if you're a god.

(Insert "testing faith" argument here.)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Why, if it's God's word, is there any controversy at all?

So I do not violate ATS Forum Guidelines and express a point of view and/or response with an exceedingly small, but quick reply, I am forced to elaborate this preamble to ensure it meets a Charater Count. I think that was enough

SATAN.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaneSo I do not violate ATS Forum Guidelines and express a point of view and/or response with an exceedingly small, but quick reply, I am forced to elaborate this preamble to ensure it meets a Charater Count. I think that was enough

SATAN.

Ciao

Shane

Really? Satan, huh? Care to elaborate, or does that sum up your entire argument?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Really? Satan, huh? Care to elaborate, or does that sum up your entire argument?

Not really. It's not the Question for this "Topic"

I may suggest, have a review of this Topic. Maybe you will catch on, to what IS OCCURING.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shane
Not really. It's not the Question for this "Topic"

I may suggest, have a review of this Topic. Maybe you will catch on, to what IS OCCURING.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ciao

Shane

Sorry, but I doubt the Bible. Stories about supernatural beings just don't work in the real world. A. C. Doyle may have been duped by bad pictures of fairies, but I'm a bit more skeptical.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8

One thing you need to understand is that though the storyflow in revelation is chronological, there are a few "insets" to explain things or to give a history lesson to put people up-to-date with the symbolism of revelation. An example is in Revelation 12 which explains the woman in the wilderness giving birth to a child that will rule all the kingdoms of the world while the dragon is waiting to devouer the man-child.

I will agree with you up to this point, but not your explanation, sorry.
It just doesn't track backwards like that, almost everything in the book of revelation has happened in the last 150 years and will stretch on over 1000 years into the future. Revelation was meant almost exclusively for the end time Christians. It is more our book then any other in the bible.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Agreed. The book of revelation does stretch into the past all the way to the new heaven and new earth. Seals 1-5 are all past events and seal 6 is basically what we're in the midst of. Seals 6 and 7 take us through the tribulation period. The 7 last plagues are God's wrath poured out in the hour of the Lord or the end of the beast superpower rule in the world. I do agree with you bluejay. I think we may have a different opinion on Satan's rebellion or rebellions.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

God is perfect, man is corrupt and satan is confusion........seek the truth, pray, ask God, it will be shown to you.

So god, that created everything that there is was or will ever be is perfect and god creates man who is corrupt. So god created corruption then.

God also created satan (unless of course there is another creator involved) and satan you say is confusion, therefore god created confusion.

Seek the truth you say, ask god and it will be shown to you, clearly the bibles are not the way to go then, as it doesn't get more confusing than bibles.

As the bibles are confusing and satan is confusion then one could assume that satan inspired the bibles. But there again god created satan to begin with so god inspired the confusing bibles.

Isn't it amazing how xtians cannot simply ask their gods "should I turn left or right" and get a straight answer ?

Oh nooooo, the answered is buried deep within the confusing bibles which have to be translated for them by the pastors, that they set up high on pedestals.

When will xtians ever grow up ? Satan is IMAGINARY !!!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Sorry, but I doubt the Bible. Stories about supernatural beings just don't work in the real world.

Well, then I suggest you start by reading the Screwtape Letter's by C.S.Lewis. A Small book but insightful none the less.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

So god, that created everything that there is was or will ever be is perfect and god creates man who is corrupt. So god created corruption then.

No, You are mistaken. GOD created everything and it was perfect (GOOD).

Man? Well he became corrupted

God also created satan (unless of course there is another creator involved) and satan you say is confusion, therefore god created confusion.

Again, Satan was not "MADE" confusion. Satan was Perfect, and at one time was one of the Highest Angels. He was given Specific Duties to perform, and did these quite well. In his vainity, Satan believed he could be GOD, and acted as a god, (to the lessor/lower level of Scale).

It is here, the CONFUSION Started. By the lessor gods (Fallen Angels) which makeup the pantheon of the Pagan Religious Sects.

Oh nooooo, the answered is buried deep within the confusing bibles which have to be translated for them by the pastors, that they set up high on pedestals.

When will xtians ever grow up ? Satan is IMAGINARY !!!

Oh nooooooo. The answer is plainly in the Word of GOD. Problem here is "MOST" pastors only know Doctrines and Theologies of MAN. They do not KNOW the Word of GOD. They do not even teach it. Just the Dogmas and Doctrines inspired by Corrupted and Confused MAN

So, remember, GOD is not the problem. HE's the Solution!

Ciao

Shane

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join