It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare evil symbols: Caduceus + Rx

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The the most widely used symbol of all the healing arts is the caduceus.
The caduceus staff entwined by one or two snakes originated from the Greek gods Asclepius and Hermes.
en.wikipedia.org...

The healing arts will give you a prescription with the symbolx Rx, which means receipt.
www.medhunters.com...

Why is our Healthcare using Evil symbols? Is our Healthcare evil?

[edit on 18-4-2009 by hawk123]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

The rod of Asclepius (⚕; sometimes also spelled Asklepios or Aesculapius), also known as the asklepian,[1] is an ancient symbol associated with astrology, the Greek god Asclepius and with healing.

Seeing as how that symbol has absolutely nothing at all related to healing, I must agree therefore that is inappropriately placed, and because it is not originated from a Christian mythos, therefor evil.
I mean sure, it's taken from the Greeks, and the founder (more or less) of modern medicine was a Greek... Hippocrates

Yep, must be evil.
Although, if you were to talk about the Caduceus, you would have something of a point.
It's primarily used by the Army and Naval Medical Hospitals.

In later Antiquity the caduceus may have provided the basis for the astrological symbol representing the planet Mercury and in Roman iconography was often depicted being carried in the left hand of the Greek god Hermes (Roman god, Mercury), the messenger of the gods, guide of the dead and protector of merchants, shepherds, gamblers, liars and thieves.

(And, on a mildly interesting note, a fellow named Imhotep (NOT a mummy) founded Egyptian medicine, taking much of the mysticism out of their medical treatments.)

Thought I'd mention this: When I was in Sunday school way back when, we were taught that the symbol stood for the bronze snake Moses put up, that the people looked upon and were cured of their affliction, in Numbers 21:9.
Whether that's just Christians putting a new interpretation on a older symbol (which happens a lot) or one view of it, I don't know.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Now our docters receipt (Rx symbol)

According to a recent article by clinical pharmacologist Jeff Aronson in the British Medical Journal, the symbol does not represent the letters "R" and "x," an abbreviation of the Latin word for "recipe." Instead, he contends, the symbol derives from the symbol used by ancient Egyptians to signify the utchat, the eye of the ancient god Horus the Elder.

Egyptian legend holds that Horus had two eyes, the sun and the moon. Set, the god of darkness and evil, stole the sun eye. The deity Thoth attempted to end the conflict, but Set kept battling and cut off pieces of Horus’ remaining moon eye, which Thoth renewed each month—tidily explaining the lunar phases. Because of the theme of miraculous restoration, "the eye of Horus became a potent symbol of good fortune and healing, later adopted by the Greeks, Arabs, and others," according to Aronson (BMJ 1999;318:1543).

"Rx is not, as is frequently supposed, an abbreviation of a Latin word meaning recipe or compound, but is an invocation to Jupiter
The Latin ‘recipe,’ take,’ provides the R in the symbol Rx used by pharmacists for centuries, while the slant across the R’s leg is the sign of the Roman god Jupiter, patron of medicine.”

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

Could you please tell me what is evil about it or where you got that from. from what your second link says they are symbolys of luck more than anything. Is luck evil? or did i miss something..

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
reply to post by hawk123

Could you please tell me what is evil about it or where you got that from. from what your second link says they are symbolys of luck more than anything. Is luck evil? or did i miss something..

www.mt.net...
The Rx (receipt) symbol is connected to Horus.
The UDJAT or WEDJAT refers to the Egyptian name for the Eye of Horus. It is associated with healing. This is the evil healing.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by hawk123]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

R.E. Caduceus/Asclepius

This is something i have been thinking about quite a bit, but i wouldn't use the term 'evil', but i do beleive their is a deeper meaning to this/these symbols than what we are led to beleive. My pesonal theory is they connect the bilogical with the spiritual. I have posted my thoughts on this in a few threads, but the theory came from researching for one of my own threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
and my theory

This actually makes me feel a little uneasy, i have a wild imagination and has a habit of rolling out bizarre thoughts.

the crazy side of me wonders if its all a big cover up, but one that is there to be found if would search it out, not a conspiracy but as someone somewhere said 'you have to ask the right questions to the get the right answers'.

As craziness goes, my wackiest thought could be that there are 2 truths.
The biological and the spiritual, and here also where the caduceus comes in, representing both sides.

Spiritual : Meditation and kundalini awakening

www.mysticrebels.com...

Biological: Medical (found by simply type in medical symbol in google images)

sg.geocities.com...

Do these cater for each side of the brain, our medical to rationialise what our spiritual sides tell us - but were they meet.... that is the freaky part are they both truths or a fog for the real truth, doubt can only be there if there is nothing to rationionlise it.

and also post i made in another members thread on this symbol and how it reminds me of the dollar sign:

Money and meds - to me its a method of control

[edit on 18-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

Why is our Healthcare using Evil symbols? Is our Healthcare evil?

Not unless you also think a Biblical story is 'evil.'
Moses also used a 'snake on a pole' for healing rituals.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is found in the Bible (Old and New Testament). Here's a video on the subject another ATS member made:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Let's not forget the fact that a lot of medicines and anti-venom can come from the venoms of poisonous snakes.

It's really not that nefarious of a symbol if you look a little deeper into the symbol itself - and past the initial "evil snake" mythos.

My harddrive is pooping out on me right now, but once I get her fixed I'll provide a bit more insight into the symbolism under examination here.

Peace.

[edit on 4/18/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
the veil is finally lifted. all those people in the healhcare field are evil. and the proof ? internet based interpretations of symbols of course

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
what is more evil? cure a genetic disease, or regenerate the next generation of people to suffer with the same disease? cure aids and all STDs and allow viruses to evolve into something worse? Inject fetus stem cells in body parts to regrow limbs and evolve into "reptilen" regrowth? Genetically engineer your children's DNA and hide behind the false image of man. Can excess of compassion be evil? you are dieing, except it.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by voodoom

We are dieing every day.
While you would try to but a somber gloss on it, the attempt to stave off death through medical treatment is a expanded process of what you gain from eating.
Personally, I'd like to live long enough to bore my grand kids about how in my day, we didn't take no truck from radioactive cock roaches, no sirry bob.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The mainstream health-care system is run by the Knights Hospitalliers, which is a group that is controlled by the Freemasons.

Notice that many hospitals have the Star of David. That symbolizes that it's a Zionist or otherwise Illuminati organization.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Further evidence of Freemason influence: here's a story about a teenage girl given a placebo birth control device who ended up pregnant. They tell them apart from the real ones, because the placebos are colored blue!!!

www.thelocal.se...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
The mainstream health-care system is run by the Knights Hospitalliers, which is a group that is controlled by the Freemasons.

Could you provide some proof with regard to anything in this statement?

Notice that many hospitals have the Star of David. That symbolizes that it's a Zionist or otherwise Illuminati organization.

Really? What are these many hospitals? Because I find this perplexing. Having lived in Southern California - a major metropolitan area - virtually all of my life, and having experience with a vast number of the hospitals in both Los Angeles and San Bernardino counties, I can only think of one off the top of my head that has a Star of David, which is Cedars Sinai so that's to be expected. Maybe there's a higher concentration of Jewish hospitals in other parts of the country? Because, interestingly enough, most of the other hospitals I can think of here are either secular or Christian in nature... in fact, I can think of several Catholic hospitals, and of course there's Loma Linda. So I'm just curious about these "many hospitals" with a Star of David that you mention. Many in reference to what? In reference to the many Catholic or Christian hospitals? Or in comparison to medical centers associated with, say, major universities? Are those hospitals also considered Illuminati organizations, or is it just the Jewish ones? And what do hospitals having the Star of David have to do with the Knights Hospitallers and the freemasons anyway? Just curious...

Edited for grammar...

[edit on 4/22/2009 by Nameless Hussy]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Nameless Hussy

"Cedars" and "Sinai" are Masonic codewords

The "Star of David" is actually two pyramids overlapped.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Because you say so?

Perhaps you fell asleep in geometry class, but just to let you know, there's a difference between a pyramid and a triangle.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The connection between the Spirit and Health is shown with the use of both the Cadeusus in single and double forms. Simply stated unhealthy spirit, unhealthy body.

If you wish to throw a biblical influence into this, don't forget Moses carried a staff, which he turned into a snake(a little bit of the ol' MAGICK for bible believers) much like depicted in the single Cadeusus.

There is NOTHING evil, until someone that does not see the connectivity of everything in the universe believes they know more than the Source of all that is.

~Holly

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Funny you mention this. There was a new hospital built not too far from my house about 2 yrs ago or so. The other day I was driving by and noticed something about it that made my jaw drop. On the front of this building is a massive cross. Guess what... It's upside down!! I'm going to try and get pictures if I can. I'm sure they have a website, if not I'll try to manually take the pictures myself.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ok I found some pics on google, they're not too good but I think they more or less show what I'm talking about.

content.goodhealth.com...
It's a little hard to see the top part, it goes a little higher than the bottom.

medicine.tamhsc.edu...
Just a visual of the top bar, much longer than the bottom. Resulting in an inverted cross.

Now, w/ that said.. Anyone notice the name of this place? Seton? Satan?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Nameless Hussy

Cedars-Sinai Hospital is Leading the Quest for Health.
www.csmc.edu...

The Cedars-Sinai hospital logo (masonic ?) shows two overlapping circles with a snake between them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join