It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban this advert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hi all.. please ban this advert make $5000 a month on Google

It is appearing here on ATS and BTS... keeps giving me pop up windows which appear under my main browser window so I don't see them until I close down my main browser or my desktop toolbar appears when i move my mouse over it.

So what else is wrong with this advert?

It is misleading... Until you get to the actual bottom of the advert and read the small print you discover that this company has absoultely nothing to do with Google. And as you'll see I've posted two different links to the same advertising campaign.. only one of them tells you that it has nothing to do with Google at all. Marylifeblog does not mention it, but Joshmadecash does.

** I do not work for Google and Google is in no way associated with this website.

This publication provides the Author's opinions and neither the Publisher nor the author intends to render legal, accounting, financial, business or other professional advice with this publication. With regards to licensing of a business enterprise, any legal accounting or tax matters. Author and publisher is an Affiliate of the company offering the business opportunity and are remunerated by advertiser. Author and publisher strongly suggest that the reader seek the services of appropriate licensed business, financial and or legal professionals before proceeding with any actions and comply with the local, state and federal licensing and guideline requirements which the reader resides or conducts business.
The Publisher and Author disclaim any personal liability, loss or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application of the offer, either directly or indirectly, of any advice, information, or methods presented in this publication. Individual comments are unedited and not the opinion of Author or Publisher and not liable for their comments and opinions. Author or Publisher is not associated with Google Inc.
*INCOME CLAIM WARNING: Testimonials do not result typical result. Photographs or images are depiction of individuals and payment methods. These income examples are representative of some of the most successful participants in the program. Some individuals purchasing the program may make little or NO MONEY AT ALL. These claims are not a guarantee of your income, nor are they typical of average participants. Individual results will vary greatly and in accordance to your input, determination, hard work, and ability to follow directions. No person or company can guarantee profits or freedom from loss.

www.joshmadecash.com...

The only people making money from this are those who have set this scam up.

According to a lot of other people, this company is nothing but a big scam.

I approved your mailing the Google Success Kit for $1.00, but I never received it. Now, you are charging $11.95, which is an unauthorized amount. Please refund the $1.00 and $11.95 charges as this is a scam and I no longer am interested in dealing with you.

I expect you will credit my credit card within the next 24 hours.

Complaints board

So, What's the problem?

Firstly they don't send the kit. A lot of people have complained about this. Secondly, they will charge you $72.21 after seven day and you will probably not aware of it. This is the terrible part.

moneymakerinfo.blogspot.com...

I see tons of threads, tons of them, in the various forums, asking why hasn't Google paid me for this yet. Or asking more questions about these services. Google has not yet responded officially because Google isn't offering any of these programs. I am sure their lawyers are on it, trying to crack down on these people using Google's name in part of this scam.

www.seroundtable.com...

dude that thing is a scam i read the policy they take out $1.99 the first day then fourteen days after that they take $49.99 a month after that they take $99.99 out its scam

www.blogstorm.co.uk...

Google Cash Kit Ads on Facebook are receiving an increasing number of scam and ripoff complaints. A number of seemingly different advertisements on how to make more money have recently appeared in my Facebook account, and are likely in yours as well. There are at least three more variations to what you see below, which are not linked to websites and are screenshots out of my Facebook account.

www.wolftrust.com...

They tease you with lots of promises but they never pay you. That woman gets paid for every person she gets to click on the home business site. That is why she is telling everyone to try it. But even she will get cheated and never get any real money.
They only want your personal and credit card information. Once they have that they don't need you any more. Avoid them.

forum.cbtopsites.com...

I dont take much notice of any adverts anyway. I'm generally against them. I ignore them if i am out in town, switch the channel if i see them on TV (not that I watch much TV) but this little advert and it's "pop-under" ability is really starting to get on my wick..

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Hey man Josh is not a liar!! HE GREW UP IN MY AREA!!! That makes him sort of like my friend. Anyways, you can trust Josh.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

You are quite lenient toward the stupid spam. I didn't even read it, coz I didn't ask nor give ATS a permission to polute my screen with annoying pop ups.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Another reason why this spamscam should be banned...

A study into spam has blamed it for the production of more than 33bn kilowatt-hours of energy every year, enough to power more than 2.4m homes.

The Carbon Footprint of e-mail Spam report estimated that 62 trillion spam emails are sent globally every year.

This amounted to emissions of more than 17 million tons of CO2, the research by climate consultants ICF International and anti-virus firm McAfee found.

Searching for legitimate e-mails and deleting spam used some 80% of energy.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Regardless of any global warming issues..that sure is a lot of power going to waste..

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
ATS has advertisements on it?

Heh, I didn't even know. Score another one for FireFox + AdBlock Plus + Remove it Permanently

I don't think I've seen any ads on any website I go to since I installed those addons to FireFox.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BriggsBU
ATS has advertisements on it?

Heh, I didn't even know. Score another one for FireFox + AdBlock Plus + Remove it Permanently

I don't think I've seen any ads on any website I go to since I installed those addons to FireFox.

Umm... not sure if you're aware of this but there is a certain T+C guideline on the use of ad blockers here on ATS..

4b) Ad Blockers: As AboveTopSecret.com is provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the website(s).

Please see full thread for all T+C
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is how I discovered this nasty little spamscam and am asking for its removal.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Bleh, I was not aware. I'll have to add ATS to the list of places that can show ads. >_<

Oh well, was nice while it lasted.

*edit - Also, in all fairness, I wasn't exaggerating when I said I didn't know ATS had ads. I've been using those blockers since well before I started coming here and am so used to them that I never even think about them. So for any mods, please forgive me. I just didn't know the site HAD ads to begin with until I saw this thread. >_<

*another edit - Also, I don't use adblockers because I want to deprive a website of profit, but mainly for security. Can't be screwed over by an ad with a malicious script if the ad is blocked, you know?

[edit on 18-4-2009 by BriggsBU]

[edit on 18-4-2009 by BriggsBU]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Last I posted a thread like this, It was shot down. I now come to respect the admin and their reasons for doing it. It costs money to run a site and that is one way they make it. those ads do pop up from time to time but it is so rare it dosent bother me any more. you should see the attack of adds you get if you are not a member. coinsider yourself lucky. other sites are way way worse about their ads..

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is were you put ads you would like to see off of ATS. Worst Ads Ever SO AD Hitlist

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
As said above please add to the Linked thread, That way we can keep up to date on the latest adds that appear to be an issue,

Thank you in Advance,

Thread closed,

top topics

join