It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Question : what way is up?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Doe this mean that i cracked a 5 page question?

I am happy! It did not take too much. About 3 minutes.

In any way it connects nice to what you are trying to communicate.

You may find it surprising but the word hu-man in Greek is "anthropos"
wich has two synthetics "an" from "ano" and "thropos" from "throsko". Both of them are Greek again with deeper meaning and origin flawlesly connecting to the rest of language. Anyway these two synthetics mean the one who is looking up.

I guess this one you did not expect right?

There was a post of mine-many many many-posts ago that explained this in more detail but i guess you got it even in this minimal explanation.

Take care!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

means you understand logic

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Take earth of the equation for a moment and then ask yourself which way is up.. does it even exist?

Say you are standing in space, the only other exist we collectively know of if Earth was not here. If we went in the opposite direction of our feet, we might consider that up. Until you go "up" then turn around.. now which way is up?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

lol

thats the point, up is only in your mind..you create it by being alive

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
UP, like the theory of Relativity, is RELATIVE to your position, your surroundings and the local gravity

On a planet 'up' is away from center. We can sense this because we have a built in gyroscope. That is why the world spins when we are disoriented

In a spaceship in zero G up is still relative. Since we built the ship with an up, our mind orientates to that up...

So yes there IS an UP because our built in sensors are designed to detect that and orient us accordingly...

As to logic...

"Logic is little tweeting bird chirping in meadow. Logic is wreath of pretty flowers that smell bad"- Commander Spock

Had to do it just had too

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join