It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Question : what way is up?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

hehe

its great to look at in that way

its all relative really as we are the observer so every point starts from us

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What way is up?

The opposite direction of whatever objects "bottom" (usually feet, or something connected to the earth) it is being referred to.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Very good question. F &

My answer: Depends on one's perspective and point of view.

Sometimes I stand on my head. If I did that in null-gravity I'd go with above my head.

BTW - I consider "objectivity" to be illusory.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by soficrow]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I don't feel the question really has any relevance to me as it seems to be completely perspective and currently beyond my scope of awareness. I feel logic is an endless spiral (golden ratio essentially).. that it would be hard to place a start or ending point to measure from, a place of origin. I feel measurements work on a conceptual point / placement. Mathematics work to measure concepts to me because I feel the real nature of things is currently unmeasurable by our logic. I look at it like fractals off of fractals branching off into every perceivable vantage point. 3D terms makes everything so simple but what if that itself was like a hologram projection of something.. dimensionless or even without a literal expression, in that the expression is relative to the observer..

bla bla bla..

this thread is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My answer to that pretty much my good man.

There needs to be more threads like yours. I feel we are in dire need as a society to step back and re-evaluate what has been indoctrined into us since we were born. Someone else's system in itself claiming some sort of authority of truth.. we call it logic, science, religion etc.. yet even in our science I was surprised to know that much of the things they taught me in school they told me was "the truth".. and even at that time, even in their own scientific structure they were beyond that and the school system had not caught up so to speak. Overall I feel it is important for our own sanity to follow our own path and remain open, always..even when things seem to final...allow more possiblities.

I can drone on.. anyways,

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

its about understanding who we are.. not what we are told to be..

no up no down, what is up and down other than a reference point from ones one mind?

you see i use this question to wake people up as to what is going on...

logic is only understanding not truth.. tho granted its real and can be used but it can also be used to manipulate..

as my question shows.. what way is up? do you think more questions are asked like mine ?

you betcha

look up MK ultra

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I would say that "up" is above my head. If I am upside down, up will be towards the ground.

OR

Up is towards the sky.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

its about understanding who we are.. not what we are told to be..

no up no down, what is up and down other than a reference point from ones one mind?

look up MK ultra

Love those reference points, and to have my feet on the ground. Well, the illusion at least.

I have a question though. Given that who we are is relative, and depends on the context, then how can we be other than what the context allows us to be (what we are told to be)?

...Please take a shot.

Thanks, sofi

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
UP is any vector outward from the center of the greatest mass toward the least mass.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I agree with what has been said already, but what about a universal "up"?

If you are in space, is it possible to say there is an up to something that has no boundaries?

We know we are the right way up in a building as the ceiling is above us, therefore up is where the ceiling is. In space there is no ceiling, so is it impossible for there to be an up?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

be yourself

understand who you are.. your life may be very different to mine but we are joined at the hip ; )

i am my brothers keeper

dont mean to get all biblical but i kinda like that saying,

humility and being who and understanding What you are helps

but remember this

No human is different for we are all linked

the link? well its the very question we ask ofc

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I often think Einsteins theory of relativity was a double entendre he gave us the theory E=MC2 but the more I think about it everything is relative. clever!

[edit on 16-5-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
There is no way up or down.

It's just us thinking of it as up that makes it so.

The Universe isn't "constrained" in any way, so to speak.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Up is the direction in which price goes as stuff becomes more expensive, down is the direction price goes when we think stuff is cheap.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by slimpickens93

hehe

ok im sorry but that made me laugh

star for you!!! lol

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Answer #2 -- UP: the opposite of asleep.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Up is the direction away from any given center!

Will that do?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
Up is the direction away from any given center!

Will that do?

No truer words ever spoken...

You are definitely on to it...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

indeed and while ur alive u r the center, shared center

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

It only really serves to highlight how basic the human language is at explaining difficult concepts.

An even more difficult task than explaining which way is up would be trying to explain what a colour is to a blind person who has never had sight.

Just try it, try and explain what the colour Green looks like without using anything from your visual perception

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
One man's up is another man's down, relatively speaking.

As for us being all connected, that's easy.

We're all a part of this universe, the part which is concious and self aware, saying to itself "What am I ?"

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Riakennor]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join