It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are all RACISTS..!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

But if history didn't happen exactly the way it did down to the tiniest detail, most of us would not be alive today!!

Or perhaps we'd all be speaking German or Chinese or English?

Now that would suck.

I love different languages and cultures.

[edit on 18/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

But if history didn't happen exactly the way it did down to the tiniest detail, most of us would not be alive today!!

Or perhaps we'd all be speaking German or Chinese or English?

Now that would suck.

I love different languages and cultures.

[edit on 18/4/09 by blupblup]

Or we might be half japanese, speaking german.

But it would not be us, it would be other people instead.

What I mean is (this may sound weird lol) But if your parents made love at a slightly different date because of the change in history, then the sperm that survives and turns into a human would not be you right?

Basically even a slight change in history can change cultures, music, dramas etc that would eventually change lifestyles etc and your parents might have never met. You know the whole don't step on a bug if you go back in time.

Now enough of this nonsense by me LMAO.

Goodnight.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CityIndian
reply to post by phoebeflakes

What you don't understand is blacks have gone through years of physical, economic, abuse. Being racist to a black person has years of this abuse associated with it, a history of slavery and lynch mobs etc. Racism goes very deep for them, and any sign of racism, however slight, is going to bring all that history into sharp focus.

Now look at you, whitey, you come from the privileged race that CREATED the situation that made blacks slaves, and put them in a situation of poverty and oppression? Your race created the racism.

So if a black calls you whitey, or whatever, and upsets you then I have no sympathy. You want things to be equal when it's turned on you, but what happened to equality when it came to all the other stuff blacks have had to go through?

(btw I'm a whitey before you assume otherwise)

[edit on 18-4-2009 by CityIndian]

Interesting observations, yet with no true validity in my opinion.

As an acknowledged 'whitey'(your term) isnt your first paragraph a bit presumptious? Or is it conditioned and socially acceptable white collective guilt speaking? "Goes very deep for them"..I see. Thank you, white person, for speaking for an entire race.

And your second paragraph? "whitey CREATED the situation"...

Contributed greatly to it, no doubt, but no more so than tribal leaders casting off the undesirables on the west African shores hundreds of years ago.

And your third paragraph is merely indicative of social pandering.

(btw, Im a black American before you assume otherwise.)

Anyway, on topic, yes, we are all equally racist.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I know...i was just being silly.

I was thinking about "stepping on a bug/ time travel" as i was reading your post....and sure enough... you said it

night dude

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoebeflakes
Edit: Nobody will like this, and I will admit I'm embarrassed, but somebody might find this interesting - I learned the term 'reverse racism' in social psychology courses....
I looked up definitions and it seems many are suggesting it's a term created by white people to complain about minorities lashing back at them.
(Which is what I did....but I don't think that invalidates some of my points.)
But ...wow...
Thanks for pointing it out, it's probably the most retarded term I've ever used...
[edit on 18-4-2009 by phoebeflakes]

Oh i know what it is and had heard it.
I was being cheeky....sarcastic

But you've admitted your error so it's all good.

And retard....ya can't say ret....... ok....ok I'll stop there

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Hopefully dude, one-day kids will question the jokes and rhymes they are taught in the playground by other kids, one generation to the other. I remember primary school games, you know the ones where you had to first descide who was 'it' ect. For example the first one i heard was 'ip-dip', when i was 4, then not long after was taught 'eeny meany miny mo'. I used this when playing a game in front of my nanna who corected me on the word i had thought was knicker. I was really upset when she told me what it actually says - i never said it again.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Here's hoping eh?

Stamp it out in kids and hopefully it will filter down.
But i honestly believe there will always be racists and xenophobes man.

sad but true

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I got tired of all the BS rhetoric so I took a break and went for a walk to enjoy the sunshine and said hello to my Asian neighbors now I'm going to drive my German made car and take my Canadian Fiance to a Mexican restaurant for an early dinner. She loves Mexican food I prefer Chinese but she gets to choose tonight. When we get back we will watch an Italian movie on our Japanese made Wide screen.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Good man.... and that's exactly the point.

We live in a GLOBAL community and a very diverse world indeed.
The sooner we take down the barriers and the divisions..... the better off we'll all be.

We are all people man....not different species.

And we are all one race... the human race

Enjoy yourself mate

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I’m not racist I hate everybody equally.
But what is the problem with whites being proud to be white? Why is it racism for me to be proud of my heritage, and not be racism if a black or asian or whatnot is proud of their race. There is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are and where you come from. It’s really time to drop the race card. Whites don’t have it any better than anyone else can have it. In some cases being white hurts your chances of finding work now a days. Affirmative action has taken whites get the better jobs out of the equation in most cases. Racism only works if you keep feeding it. Leave it be and it will die.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU
I’m not racist I hate everybody equally.
But what is the problem with whites being proud to be white? Why is it racism for me to be proud of my heritage, and not be racism if a black or asian or whatnot is proud of their race. There is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are and where you come from.

I totally agree with your statement - i wouldn't call that racism. I am proud of my county hence my avatar, but i am also proud to be English, british, european and to be a part of this world. I love the world and all of the cultures that inhabit it - it makes it interesting
I am not proud however of the colour of my skin - it means very little to me.

Racism only works if you keep feeding it. Leave it be and it will die.

No truer a word spoken

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoebeflakes
Edit: Nobody will like this, and I will admit I'm embarrassed, but somebody might find this interesting - I learned the term 'reverse racism' in social psychology courses....
I looked up definitions and it seems many are suggesting it's a term created by white people to complain about minorities lashing back at them.
(Which is what I did....but I don't think that invalidates some of my points.)
But ...wow...
Thanks for pointing it out, it's probably the most retarded term I've ever used...
[edit on 18-4-2009 by phoebeflakes]

Oh i know what it is and had heard it.
I was being cheeky....sarcastic

But you've admitted your error so it's all good.

And retard....ya can't say ret....... ok....ok I'll stop there

Peace

AGHGH....
Can't win can I.
lol.....

Cheeky ret...err...BAS tard....

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Everyone has their own preconceptions and biases about everything, and no matter what we say, our actions ARE based on our ideals and beliefs. I don't believe in relativity, at least not when it relates to people. We all operate on our very own brand of flawed reasoning and logic, and as such we are not accountable to even ourselves. This is why I don't see religion as a bad thing, because man is so flawed that he can not rely on himself to make the right objectively-moral decision. Otherwise he will do what he thinks is best for himself, and as long as theres no chance he will be caught it matters not who else suffers in the end.

Racism is inevitable, as we all have eyes and see the differences. We recognise behavioral patterns in groups of individuals. Stereotypes are often loosely based in fact, but should never be considered as the rule.

But I say hiring a man simply because he is a certain race is no better than NOT hiring a man because he is a certain race. Making any exception based on race, whiether it have a positive or negative outcome for the person involved, is racist and wrong. The doors of equality should swing both ways, and a person's race should never, ever factor into any decision. The unconscious recognition of difference part that we can't control will follow suit once we realize this, in our children.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by mostlyspoons]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

We are all people man....not different species.

And we are all one race... the human race

Nicely put

I think political correctness is actually obstructing a decrease in racism though with its rules blindly catering for one but not another, its like playing off people against each other, i think they had a good idea and then made it a bad one by implementing so many things unacceptable that it has actually made people too aware of each other. I'm rambling ... its late (phew - comes up for air)

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I guess the best point to be made would be to detatch the anger from our differences. We also need to remove the anger towards the people who's ancestors made some ignorant coices. What happened in the past is just that, the past. I feel that the most of what is portrayed as racism is done for dramatic effect. I really do not feel that it is as big of an issue these days as it was even 50 years ago. I think that aside from the tiny percentage of people who choose to judge based off of ethnicity, the world has become more blind to others ethnicity.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I can't wait til the aliens take over. Then it'll be humans against ETs!
And then 2000000 years from now we'll forgive eachother for what we did to eachother's ancestors and devote ourselves to crossbreeding with every intelligent being in the universe until we are sure we are all equally the same 'race' and have developed into a superbeing....
But then I suppose we'd just start fighting based on haircuts or spaceship size....
Who has the best planet...the tastiest freeze dried space dinners....
Bleh. It'll never end....they BETTER bring light and love or else I want to re-incarnate into a worm instead of some intelligent bipedal whatever.

Seriously though....maybe the alien stuff out there is all an agenda/hoax to get people to settle down and all be on eachother's sides, when they supposedly try to invade and take the planet ...for the purpose of the NWO lol It might render racism meaningless...I dunno

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Racism is usually a misrepresentation of cultural differences, and race has nothing to do with it.

Race is purely about the color of your skin, the size and shape of your eyes and other physiological differences.

Cultural and class differences are the ones that usually bring about conflicts - as this encompasses values and behaviors.

The term racism is purely designed to impede intelligent conversation about cultural integration. When you are talking about values and behaviors of cultural groups - then race has nothing to do with it.

The US government and media like to use the term racist or racism because it means that the issues can never be resolved - so divisions are perpetuated.

A complete lie to deceive people and to promote divisions.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to "Everyones A Little Bit Racist" from Avenue Q (I haven't figured out how to embed a video yet, so its a link to a YouTube video of the song).

I'm not going to lie, I prepared myself when I opened this thread for being blamed for something I didn't do. It happened eventually, just not by the OP.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

Just put everything after the = into [ yvid ] tbud8rLejLM [ yvid ] without the spaces of course and it should equal

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well I was going to show you how but some one beat me to it. Anyways there is you embedded video above my post.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join