It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: Antarctic ice growing, not shrinking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Ahh gotcha. I figured that this was the result of a collaborate international effort as I said before. But it seems that at least globally, thickening ice is the exception and not the rule. I just don't understand why I sometimes hear people spouting on about thickening ice sheets. From what we know is occurring elsewhere on the globe, this ice build-up is definately the exception and not the rule.

Antarctica is a unique landmass surrounded by a unique ocean current system. Therefore, while scientists would say the ice is thickening in some locations in Antarctica, they would also say that Antarctica isn't the best gauge at determining current climate change factors from a scientific standpoint.. There are many unique factors coming in to play that contribute to the thickening ice and there are also seasonal factors to take into account.

It's great to see that we can collaborate internationally in such ways that give us the bigger picture as new discoveries are made.

-ChriS

[edit on 21-4-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
New Structure Found Deep Within West Antarctic Ice Sheet (referring to ice structure, not human structures)

www.sciencedaily.com...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join