It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Conclusion, we are alone? Yeah right.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I just read a thread that astounded me.
If someone doesnt understand the most basic levels of common knowledge then how do they have the smarts to even take care of themselves.
It sounded like some sceptic trying to say that life elsewhere in the universe can NOT exist, why? Because humans haven't found any evidence of it.
And what astounded me even more, was that there are idiots replying to the thread and agreeing with him. Amazing.
So do these people think that humans have scoured every last inch of the entire universe and there is no way that there is another planet with life on it, out of the countless trillions of billions of planets, this is the only one that has, does or ever will harbor life?
Or, do they think that the galaxy is so small that if there was any planets with life on them we would have seen something by now, after all, we have been searching for a whole what? 40 years?

It is a mathematic impossibility that this is only planet with life harboring conditions. In fact, the universe is so unfathomably vast that if only one out of every trillion billion planets could harbor life, there would still be trillions of billions of planets with life on them. There's just that many out there.

"oh scientists only know of 42 planets" or some stupid comeback like that is just laughable. Scientists only know of the planets we have found, in the miniscule piece of the our neighbourhood in the galaxy, wow. Regardless of how many we have found, we still know that the universe is far too vast to imagine. The trillions of billions of galaxies (filled with hundreds of billions of stars) that we can see are only a grain of sand in the desert of the universe.
So, in a seemingly infinite sea of galaxies, it become a mathematic IMPOSSIBILITY that this planet is the only life sustaining planet out there.

I believe it to be FACT that other life forms inhabit billions of other planets within our universe.
Intelligent or not, humanlike or bacteria, life must exist at many different stages, everywhere in the universe.

Do I think life has visited this planet from elsewhere?
No, like I said, I'm not stupid.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by NathanNewZealand]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Well, I certainly was not saying that life could not exist elsewhere.I just was stating that It is not impossible that we are all alone.I always try to keep my mind open for any possibility.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
*Removed my own post*
Sorry.

~Renarism

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Renarism]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand

Do I think life has visited this planet from elsewhere?
No, like I said, I'm not stupid.

Are you saying it's stupid to believe ET life has visited Earth? I think that is a bit naive because there is plenty of evidence to suggest that we have been visited, and for a very long time. Note I said evidence, not proof.

To me, your comment is nearly as naive as saying life doesn't exist elsewhere, as the other guy did in the thread I believe you're referring to.

[edit on 18/4/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Yes, I'm sorry to offend.
The shear emptiness of space makes it extremely unlikely that any visitors have found us.
The life span of a species, the lifespan of a planet, the distances, the fact we've only been producing radio waves for less than a century. These are just scratching the surface of reasons why it's improbable we're visited.
And think about it.
Why, if not for colonisation or resource mining, would you use huge amounts of energy and giant chunks of time to travel across hundreds of light years (weather you could bend space time or not, a lot of your energy and effort is required) of space, just to hang around the bleachers on some random planet run by some destructive mammals. I thought these aliens were supposed to be smart. Doesn't add up does it.

Yes I believe there are trillions of planets with some form of life on them. Yes I believe some of these are just as or more intelligent as humans.
No. I do not believe any extra terrestrial governments, armies or beings are aware of Earth's, let alone humankind's, existence.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This Rant is as rediculous as some of the opinions from the thread you are concerned with.

Q: do you believe it's possible we ARE alone?

If not, then how can you also believe you are thinking as a rational human being?

Unless you're not.

Believing in something that has NO proof is illogical and ignorant and denies yourself the option of possibilities doesn't it?

pfffft!

top topics

join