It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom to dream here... granted.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Why are you labeling your approach to life ..."dreaming"????

Wonderful thought processes going on in this thread..
Thank you.

Peace...

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You just need to keep at the dreaming OJ, over time you will progress with more and more skill. Become and adept yourself.

For me, I have been at the dream game for over 20 years now, and its always been a very profound journey into these states.

I don't always get the upper hand on bad dreams, but you are right, when I do have the upper hand, nothing in the dream is a threat anymore.

I am not as active in lucid dreaming as I have been in the past due to lack of sleep most nights due to lifestyle changes, career etc. So I am more scaled down in what I often do.

Having a baby in the last three months also kills sleep thus dreamtime lol. It's all good.

It's an upward battle, one dream at a time... trying to raise consciousness to that next transformational level.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gyrochiral

Why label ones approach to life as dreaming? I like to think of life as a dream, which lasts a lifetime.

It's this inherent relationship between dreams, and reality that draws the conclusion that life itself is a dream.

Of course you need to see the relationship, live the relationship to truly understand it. And so many of us do, but may not realize it, with all those random dreams coming true, hints popping up in the ether of our vast and uncharted consciousness.

I simply see it, as it is, and always was, a grand dream of which we are all the dreamers.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by purehughness
Buddhism

I wanted to quote that for one reason, and this does relate to the rest of the thread.

Im 22, started meditating (with trying to force an OOBE) about the age of 15.

I've had 1 OOBE, I saw stars and freaked out, it was early on, and I went back to my body

But I've had what have either been Astral Projections, or Dreams with visions. I've met my spiritual guide, and was shown "my place". I've talked to him about something I found in this giant void, it was almost like a bubble, with a porthole (not portal, lol) in it.

One night I was meditating on whether or not all religions are true, and possible. In the dream, or projection. I was 'transported' to "the void" (i always, always, start here, like my peace zone) as I was floating I was shown what, uhm, its hard to describe, it looked almost like a infinite petal lotus, that was unfolding, with rainbow colors (theres a scene in the movie "The Fountain" when the male character goes to xibalba, and it is exactly the same visual i had, and this was pre-fountain). I was curious what this thing was going to do. Eventually i got close enough to it, that it blocked my entire view, and this might sound crazy, but Buddhas face sort of rotated/materialized in the middle of it. He smiled, and I was happy to see him, i was honored to be able to view it. Then he continued rotating (to the left, i will never forget this one vision), and the next face that came up was Jesus, and again, he smiled, and i was honored. I figured, "ok, better write this down" so i go to open my eyes, and i couldnt. I felt as if someone had their had over my face squeezing it. I tried harder to open my eyes, and i could feel my eyelids squeezing tighter closed. Then, as Jesus turns, a womans face comes up, I have no clue who this woman is, but she just stared at me, no smile, after a few minutes, my muscles relaxed, and i could open my eyes.

but the odd thing was, these faces, they didnt look like what Buddha, or Jesus are normally portrayed as, jesus was beardless, with medium length hair, and a much softer face, not all angled like pictures show. Buddha, didnt have holes in his hears, and he looked a lot thinner than what hes shown as too.

this might sound crazy, but the next day, i had to drive to my buddies house (about 30 minutes away) and I swear, everything was brighter, grass was greener, the sky was gourgeous, it was amazing.

but honestly, i cant say for sure whether it was a dream or not, I just know somewhere in my heart, that it was the true faces, or real holy people.

(i hope someone replys to this, i never get any replys and i spill my guts,
)

edit for this: what i saw was pretty close, its at 5:48 of this youtube movie, the only difference is mine was rainbow colored www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4/20/2009 by iwishicould]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by iwishicould

It is interesting that you describe the religious figures as not as portrayed, which is correct, we often romanticize our spiritual leaders turning them visually into something they are not.

I had a dream with Jesus in it, during his time, quite a long time for me mind you. And in that dream, he didn't look white, rather arabic and has dark oily hair, a rough beard, and his face was fatter and more round.

However, what was interesting was he was always smiling, very happy and radiated a lot of joy and love.

It's good that you had one OBE, hopefully that can expand and you can have more.

How about dreams that have come true?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I only have 1 memory of a dream coming true, oddly enough, I was in kindergarten at the time, and i dreamt that they found mice feces in this rice table (like a little table where it had rice instead of sand, that we could play with) we had. The next day i wake up, my mom walks me to school, and the teacher (ms. vakareli, just to show i have good memory
) tells us that we cant play in the rice table for the rest of the year because she found "mice poop" in it, and we might get sick. I think I remember it so well, because i was completely shocked, and at the point i was convinced i was a psychic, lol.

Usually my dreams are in a very coded form, like words appearing in soap bubbles on my bathroom walls, that type of thing. Which were, "He roams halls, kill my people.". If i have anymore dreams, of any kind of odd nature, i'll come back here to share

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
sorry for the double post, but i starred and flagged this thead.

i think i starred it, its my first, so im a noob at starring, lol

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

The problem is, we can dream many dreams at once, the dream state is best served up as a spectrum, rather then some linear singularity. It really is not, we actually as a consciousness reside on many layers of dreamtime at once, in many dreams.

I have observed this, it is amazing to see. The most I could split my human conscious focus was into 8 dreams at once, and it was like looking through the eyes of an insect each eye seeing and experiencing a different dream reality.

In this spectrum, there is one distinct band which I coin the "Precognitive Layer" and it is where what we dream there, becomes our reality here.

From what I understand, it is a very high frequency dream and if our conscious mind is at a too low of a focus frequency, we don't tend to dip into it consciously, so for the most part the journey there is in another sub-conscious state. We are still there, but our waking consciousness is completely devoid of the attention it needs to focus on it.

Knowing that a part of you is already there, you can use that knowledge to help tune in to it with your waking consciousness, by focusing and affirming your intent to be there when you sleep.

You can queue it and it does help increase these experiences, at least I noticed that when I was really big into realizing that specific dream layer.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Your Open QuestionShow me another »
think, feel, love, dream and learned to enjoy pain. Enjoy it because there is none after life?
900 billion people have lived and died on earth. Regret or loved their life, do they miss it?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by voodoom

Well, it just so happens that I remember existing before this lifetime. And I remember much of the pre-life state that I existed in before I became a human in this vector of Infinity.

Do they miss it? The real question is do they remember it? Fundamentally, we are involved in an experiential reality system that is designed to create and facilitate what we are as a human in this experience.

Our physical lifetime, is merely a conduit of focus for our total consciousness, which is neither physical, or linear.

When I started to wake up, not just as the human that sits here, rather the being that I was before I came here. I remember one of the reasons for becoming human was because of a very deep boredom I had.

It seemed that I was simply bored with an endlessness of me, and needed to mix it up a bit and forget about that eternal part of me.

That seems to be one of the catalysts for my dip into humanity it would seem.

And now that I am here, it's fun. Not digging on war and all the violence, but then I don't participate in any of it, and won't this run through.

Just trying to piece it all together in this life. Will I miss this life when I am gone? Yes, but I will have grown tremendously for being this person. I certainly changes from who I was pre-human. Another reason why this experience has some hidden spiritual rewards. Will I come back again? I am not sure, I have some insights that I do come back, but it would be in the future, in a different way for humanity unlike anything we have here.

That remains to be seen though.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I dont know if I quite understand what you are talking about, lol.

but yes, I do know at all times certain parts of my being are in "dream" type states, or as I would call them, different planes. I know that with parts of me being there, I am permitted by the powers that be, access to those areas.

www.abovetopsecret.com... this is a thread i started, for finding the answers to my messages i receive. I'd like you to look at it Dreaming.

I know people tend to see themselves as farther advanced than others. But I have to say, I dont think i am any better than anyone else, nor am I any worse. But in retrospect, looking back at who I used to be, what I've done to people who I've called friends, I can honestly say that I am a better person. I dont know if this comes from meditation on philosophy, and humanity (keep in mind, im 22, and i started to meditate when i was around 15). I've been told that I was the "smartest person about life I've ever met" at the age of 20 by a guy I worked with, and he was completely sincere. I would like to think that It was just me maturing, but I feel as if its me connecting with who, or what I used to be, before I was born.

also dreaming, i would like to keep contact with you, after this thread, you seem extremely knowledgable, and your not big headed about it, which is really hard to find these days.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread455971/pg2#pid6165292]post by, I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE DREAMS, ONLY THIS YOU ARE OKEY, NEVER THINK THIS IS UNTRUE,BELIEVE ME YOU ARE RIGHT, GOD BLESS YOU

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwishicould

but the odd thing was, these faces, they didnt look like what Buddha, or Jesus are normally portrayed as, jesus was beardless, with medium length hair, and a much softer face, not all angled like pictures show. Buddha, didnt have holes in his hears, and he looked a lot thinner than what hes shown as too.

Ahh interesting... See I've always been of the persuasion that Buddha never was the large man with the big earlobes, to me he's always been a fairly modest slim man, not unlike the rest of his followers. I loved how you described Jesus, and YouAreDreaming is right, these figures have been romanticised to much over the years.

May as well share a dream from last night!

I was taken to a restaurant by what I thought was a girl from my past, same features, same voice. Anyways, it's a really tall building we're in, and the resataurant is at the top. She orders lobster for both of us, and it seems pretty exciting. But when it arrives, we crack open the tail and where you would ordinarily find firm, white flesh, instead there was strings of flaccid, red muscle. Just like that in animal or human flesh, raw.

This disturbed me, obviously. I put it down quickly. And I figured it. It was all a test. The girl wasn't really the same as the one before. I didn't even know this entity, but I knew it was telling me to stay on the right track.

I've been a vegetarian ever since I started practicing Buddhism, and this dream seemed to reinforce the ideal. This lobster was a living being, with organs, muscles, with sentience, able to feel things, just like us.

It's just wierd that I was prepared to eat a lobster served up before me. I think lobsters are amazing creatures, and I certainly wouldn't eat one.
I feel I was taken to the brink, shown what was over there, and pulled quickly back, with a lesson learnt.

Edit for clarity

[edit on 24/4/2009 by purehughness]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

Please keep sharing dreams, I always enjoy them.

I've been working on my dream website so need to stay on track with that, I want to try to get all my ideas, and the ideas of others as it pertains to the dreaming Universe as I can.

And on that note, I should really get at it... lots of work to do.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

hi, i want to make too a site about dreams, all the times when i dream i wrote what i dream, since 2005 , i dont know if the peoples think this is to be crazy but for me a dream is the next door, remember all in the universe is happened, god knows everything across the universe, there are a few dreams, premonition, remember ABRAHAM LINCOLN, ACCORDING TO A PERSONAL FRIEND, DREAMED OF HIS OWN ASSASSINATION SHORLY BEFORE HIS DEATH, i dont know if im very mental or no but sometimes im very scared about my dreams, cos always become true, the extrenge is when i wrote my dreams, become true in the same day, the same month , maybe one year before or day, you know what i want to say, i want to share my own life, im going to do in the gray area , i just hope you believe in me, see you and god bless you

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bilmerys

That's cool Bilmerys...

I am going to enjoy the dream, as much as I'll enjoy creating a website about dreams.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
is there any chance of you posting a link to your site YAD? i'd love to bookmark it

line 2

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Hey IWishICould,

I only have a placeholder for the site right now, I will give you the URL but don't expect any real meat and potatoes as I am still developing the site framework.

www.youaredreaming.org...

I will let you know when I release the full site in all it's glory.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Here's something I wish to share. Took me by surprise...

About a week ago, I had a dream featuring my ex girlfriend from about two years ago, looking quite upset and really lost. I thought nothing of it at first, it felt like about 10 minutes to me. But then a couple of days later, I find out via a good friend of both of ours that she'd split up with her boyfriend on the night that I had the dream.
This is all a little wierd for me, nothing like this has ever happened to me before, and I'm very curious as to what it could all mean....

Any ideas dream-peeps?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think the people we are the most intimate with in life tend to create a bond, and we tend to have this link with them, you could have picked up here emotional distress over her new break-up.

The dream could be slightly empathetic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join