It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will we end Religions by Disclosure of ET's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
just saw this on fox news,

foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

with all this making the news headlines and currently many countries such as UK,France and Brazil releasing their UFO files,

are we heading for disclosure purely to end christianity in the USA and beyond?

if america or the world wanted to end christianity or even all religious belief, surely 100% disclosure would help with this?

[edit on 17-4-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I don't know. I can see disclosure (assuming disclosure meant that aliens were infact coming to earth) bringing alot of people closer to their individual religions.

I can see alot of people thinking that these visitors are satan or whatever your religion might call it. I can see alot of people thinking it is the end times....

For that reason I can see alot of people actually being drawn closer to religion.

Besides, didnt the pope come out recently and say something about the possibility of aliens?

I don't know, I can see some being pushed away from religion and just as many being pulled toward religion.

I think it really just depends on the individual. I probably would not be pulled one way or the other, as I do believe in god, but I do not believe any one religion. I do believe that Aliens exsist, although I do not know if they are here on earth, although I have seen UFO's...

So, I guess my answer for you is yes and no. ( Not very helpful I know)Some would be pulled toward religion and others would be torn away. It just depends on the individual person what happens really.

Excellent question!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Edit to add: The original topic was about Christians now changed to "religions"
I don't know about that I think the Church is way ahead of you on this.

Catholic church: Faith in God, alien life OK

Should silvered ships ever break through the clouds and announce the arrival of our benevolent space brothers, then it appears the Vatican's chief astronomer will be there to greet them with open arms.

Jesuit Father Jose Funes, director of the Vatican's astronomical observatory, said in an interview published Tuesday that believing in alien life doesn't contradict faith in God.

"Just as we consider earthly life as 'a brother' and 'sister,' why should we not talk about an 'extraterrestrial brother?' It would still be part of creation," he said.

Even if it has a world-annihilating death ray.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

So how would ET disclosure end Christianity? I am a Christian and my faith is not that weak, also if God can create life on this planet, why couldnt he have created life on other planets as well?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Can't say it would be a big deal. Wouldn't change my thoughts on religion one way or the other. Happy believing what I want no greys greens veneutians mibs chupacabras or anything else would change it.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
There will be a mass landing on Earth before the U.S. releases anything about Ailens. Why you ask? I can tell you, it might not be believeable, but I'll tell you. The Illuminati (which I'm sure you are all familliar with) controll the world but the U.S. mostly. And they are working with two evil alien races, the Reptillians and Zeta Greys. And because they are working with these evil sumb***hes, they are keeping us from higher assecion into the Galactic Federation Of Planets, cuz of all of the greed, corruption, death, war, and evil they cause.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
LOL

Or when they get here there some may even have a Jihad or something and get converted.

Muslim preacher commands followers to convert aliens to Islam

Exiled hate preacher Omar Bakri has ordered his followers to convert aliens to Islam.

The extraordinary instruction was issued during a bizarre rant posted on an extremist website.

The Syrian-born imam, who is notorious for praising the 9/11 bombers, told Muslims to not only spread the religion across the world, but across the galaxy. He said: 'We are obliged as Muslims to make the whole galaxy subservient to almighty Allah.

'Allah has created all living beings to obey him and worship him.'

A security source is reported to have said: 'Perhaps he could show his people the way - it would give everyone a break if he was beamed up.'

The rant, which appeared on an extremist website, comes after Bakri claimed he had recently been stopped from using the internet to preach to followers in the UK.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

wow, never seen this one!! even the vatican may be prepared!!

Rangersdad, well ive read lots recently about a possible false flag event that could happen to try and bring the population under one belief system to make things even better for the NWO.

even if its not a false flag, the outcome may still be the same.

1 world government, 1 world religion. imagine if ET's showed up and said all the stuff in the bible was just made up to make money or something to this effect, imagine if they said, actually this guy here is your god, and here is your real history. then proceeded to give us evidence?

im sure it would rock the boat of many true religious people.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I can see where the OP is coming from because most religions are very ego centric. The title of the thread could have just as easily said Judaism, or Islam.

Under strictly religious dogma, we are supposed to be special, made in God's image, and masters of all that we encounter. If there is more advanced life out there that can travel at above light speed and come here for a visit, it definitely puts a big dent into the universe revolves around humanity perception preached by organized religion.

On the other hand, if you believe in God, and are not wedded to the theory that the bible is literal (e.g. the Earth was actually created in 6 days and it happened 6000 years ago) I don't see why meeting a new friend from another solar system should shake your belief in God.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Here is why it would end Christianity,
at first it was 'in the beggining, God created the heaven and Earth',
Then when we discovered that there was other planets and a universe, it then became 'in the beggining, God created the heaven and Earth and the universe, if ailens are "discovered" the line will change to 'in the beginning, God created the heaven and Earth and the universe and all the beings in it'.

Do you get what I am saying?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
changed the post title, i agree, this is actually about all religion and i dont want it to be just aimed at christianity at all.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Quote from finemanm:
"Under strictly religious dogma, we are supposed to be special, made in God's image, and masters of all that we encounter. If there is more advanced life out there that can travel at above light speed and come here for a visit, it definitely puts a big dent into the universe revolves around humanity perception preached by organized religion. "

Yah, 'all made in God's image' my @$$!

here is the belief "we are all made in God's image, some more than others". 'some' protains to white people.

And mormons used to believe that Black people were cursed and born with no soul.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
reply to post by rangersdad

Here is why it would end Christianity,
at first it was 'in the beggining, God created the heaven and Earth',
Then when we discovered that there was other planets and a universe, it then became 'in the beggining, God created the heaven and Earth and the universe, if ailens are "discovered" the line will change to 'in the beginning, God created the heaven and Earth and the universe and all the beings in it'.

Do you get what I am saying?

Excuse this sorry post I'm about to make, I'm exhausted, but I believe when God created "Heaven and the Earth" - Heaven = Universe = other galaxies. There is a scripture in revelations that says something a long the lines of "Then fire will rain down from the heavens" - this can be understood as meteors, comets, whatever will fly down from space.

~Renarism

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hey......about the Betty and Barney Hill incidents....didn't the aliens tell one of them that God is real and that there were a total of 10 fallen worlds, or something like that?
I can't remember exactly how it went.

I dunno, I don't think the best proof possible for alien life would change a thing concerning Religions. Especially considering that some that believe in aliens have created a handful of new religions as a result of their contact....
We'll probably see more of that; and more confusion.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Even though I can see "Disclosure" causing a certain amount of Panic and Self created doubt within certain Religious movements, I truly do not believe that Religion somehow disallows for the existence of Non-Earth Life forms or Intelligences within its teachings (In terms of Christianity specifically).

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Really? Of course, thats why it hasnt happened yet!
It was decided a long time ago by the Brookings Institution that we
would "freak out" if we were ever told the truth. Nothing has changed.
Maybe someday when we can handle it though!

They'll tell us when the asteroid hits.

Not before, apparently.

They would then also be telling us they lied about it to our faces for years!
Right....,them admit that?

[edit on 18-4-2009 by dodadoom]

new topics

top topics

join