It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janeane Garofalo And Keith Olbermann Calls Tea Bag Protesters"Racists"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

Nice letter FWO! Takes time and consideration...... & Well put.

& you know what? Send it twice, incase someone discards it the first time.

Let the voices be heard.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
She wants to play the race card? She just classified all protesters of the government as "a bunch of right wing rednecks". All white people are racists. Just like all black people are evil right? This is quite sickening. I have to agree that I don't think some people there were really there for the right reasons, but that happens in EVERY protest. There's always misinformed people, but that doesn't change the fact that there are Americans that feel oppressed by their government and are taking action.

I'm really really disturbed by the way this issue is even brought up. Conservatives are the "ENEMY". Even though I disagree with many ideas that the "left-wing" believes, I don't at all hate them like these people hate us. What is so wrong about people forming an opinion and exercising their constitutional rights to get that point across? Sure you can disagree with them, but why spew all this hate about them? You don't have to agree with us, but why would you Demonize us and try to reduce our credibility instead of present an actual argument?

Janeane Garofalo's little rant about the "right-wing mental disorder" or whatever reminds me of the recent "Fishsticks" episode of South Park when it talks about Cartman's Ego.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Janeane Garofalo And Keith Olbermann are political idiots. Plain and simple.

You actually have to wonder about this at all?

For them to call anyone protesting fiscal mis-spending in Congress and the White House, racists, is tantamount to calling Hitler a mistaken Boy Scout.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
These protests were not aimed at Obama. These protests were aimed at our Government.

Saying that those who protested are simply racists against our black president requires the protests to ONLY be aimed at Obama.

This is not true. No matter how much we want to believe, the president can only sign or veto bills passed by congress. That means that the protests were to stop congress from further expanding the debt.

In the end, Obama can veto these bills. But it would do more to send a message to our representatives in the Congress. They are the ones who enable Obama. Persuading or "Firing" those in the Congress is the best way to CHANGE ideology in our government.

Imagine what would happen if Obama had to deal with a GOP majority in the Congress. Anything that you think Obama is spearheading would instantly be met with a stonewall.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by DarkSecret

*pushes buzzer* Wrong idea. Thanks for playing, tho. When a woman acts like a 300 lb biker, has a mouth so foul that sailors blush, and acts like she needs to be a sex object, and not someone who'd rather have respect of people, But would rather work real hard to hock off as many people as they can- NOT REAL. Simple as that.

All that person is is a paid shill to mouth off, try to look sexy, *gag* and sway public opinion in the PTB's favor. Probably the ONLY one they could pay peanuts to do the deed. If her career is circling the drain, I am sure they got away with the smallest amount they could to pay her off.

Just the question is- Why someone of almost no talent?

i like the freedom of speech in your version. you're entitled to an opinion but she is not. because she expressed her opinions she is well whatever you're saying she is.

dont get me wrong i dont agree with her point but she has the right to express it just as you have, without being attacked for it. isnt that the whole point of all those amendments and rights?

and what does her career got to do with anything? if you were fired from a job or unemployed should we consider you (or anyone in that situation) as not worthy of expressing their views?

just food for thought.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Fox spinning one yarn while the other station berates and belittles it?, very interesting indeed. More interesting to see just how far they're going to crank it up. Are the seeds of riots being sown?, the perfect distraction.
A bit of divide and conquer going on, methinks!!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Oberman and Garofalo are right. Not every one of teabaggers but most of them are racists. The truth hurts, but there were no black faces in the crowd. And by the way, it wasn't about taxes. It was clearly about Obama hatred. And it wasn't the least bit "spontaneous." It was a Fox News promotion.

I thought the whole thing was hysterical. Fox relentlessly promoted it and there was hardly any turnout. What a bunch of losers.

Go ahead and flame me! I love it! I won't respond, so you can go ahead and label me, insult me, ridicule me, distort reality. That's what you people always do. You don't know anything, but you think you do, and that's what's amusing. Go ahead and tell me how ignorant and stupid I am, that I'm a "sheep," (obviously unlike you) a fool. You like labels. Makes things simple.

The fact that you called yourselves "teabaggers" is evidence of your ignorance. No idea, evidently, that the term has an, um, alternative definition. That's why you're funny. No street smarts whatsoever. Buncha Gomers. And I'd agree, you're definitely all a bunch of "teabaggers." You've defined yourselves perfectly.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by ClintK]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Purporting that the tea partiers are racist is absolutely vile. Black people are welcome to show up. This is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Why all this posturing and outrage because of what she said ?

Plain and simple because without realizing it some are giving the exact response that she was striving to bring out.

She pressed all the right buttons, it was well orchestrated.

Some forget that there is no substance or truth to what she said, until they act exactly as she was provoking them to and in doing so make her statements appear to be true valid statements.

Don't allow this woman to discredit peaceful American protests, by giving her the exact reaction she wants.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

Lots of definitions as you can see. I guess we all choose the definition we want to believe in. Lucky to be an American I can do that.

www.urbandictionary.com...

Obviously the site has been updated very recently to add the "new" definition of teabagger. Lots more thumbs down than thumbs up.

[edit on 4/18/2009 by Blogstalker]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Lies....GD liars.

Lies everywhere....seriously.

This is the biggest bunch of BS i've ever seen.

Just keep on trashing the protesters..those who actually care and want a freaking voice.

Go to a tea party? Janeane Garafolo says you are a racists. You just hate a black man in the white house. It has nothing to do with our debt exploding...the fed ravaging the American people.

since when does anybody list to what she has to say?

when I'm playing Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 2, or Battlefield Vietnam, when I frag somebody I always teabag them

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Racism is purely a term created by the controllers to exacerbate existing cultural and class divisions inside your country.

Applying the terms racism or racist to people is to stereotype in a vastly more damaging way than those who are so accused.

In short Janeane - while the people at the Tea Party weren't racist - you certainly are.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Great Keith Olbermann, you spend every waking hour putting down the Bush administration, then you cut off your balls the minute Obama stepped into the Whitehouse. People really need to stop watching Fox, CNN, and MSNBC if they take them seriously. They’re all part of the corporatist agenda.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity.....

How did JG even get on this show? Since she has never been relevant, why is she relevant now? Who made her opinion worth listening to? I never cared about her before, now I only think of her with disgust after her delusional rantings with Keith. They take a nobody and make her opinion relevant, broadcast it for millions to listen to - and make no mistake, people think the television is still telling us the truth. Why else did Ron Paul not have a chance in the recent "election"? Because they said he and his followers were kooks and people bought it and still think it. Heck, even my Mom thinks it, that I'm a kook because I choose not to play into the idiocy that is a two party system. If I'm not a Republican then my opinion is not worth listening to, and I'm her damned son, FFS!

It has gotten so insane in recent months, I can scarcely believe this is the U.S.A. anymore. It sure as hell ain't the country I was sold as a child in school. But I guess I can trust what I was taught as much as I can believe idiots like Keith and JG, here, making complete and utter idjits of themselves.

But it did the job. Here we are, talking about these idiots, giving them press, when they deserve none. They deserve a fate that I cannot even mention on this forum, that is if it were up[ to me. Free speech? Is that what that diatribe was called? Sounds like hate speech to me. Aren't there laws against hate speech? Maybe not because bottom wipers like Hannity and O'Reilly spew hatred every time they speak yet nothing is done about them.

I am tired of fighting a war that cannot be won. The damned Repbs took over the Tea Parties, so much so that I decided NOT to go. I wanted NOTHING, AT ALL, IN ANY WAY,SHAPE, OR FORM, to do with the damned Republicans or the Democrats. I didn't even want to get close to someone who is brainwashed by this worthless two party system so I stayed at home. Instead of doing what I thought would be right, and maybe a good thing, I didn't. They took away my right to protest, in my eyes. They subjugated it and have turned it into something that it wasn't, and I'm sick. I don't know how much more of this I can take, really. I'm so tired of being a kook, wearing my tin-foil hat. No one listens to logic anymore. Even if I had gone to the Tea Party, I probably would have just stood in a corner, not talking to anyone because there's no reason for me to speak out in public anymore. I just get dismissed or called names. If I had gone then now I would be a racist. If I wasn't a racist before I went, then how can I be one just by attending a party? Were is the logic there? It must be some Monty Python type of logic.....

...You know, if she weighs as much as a duck, she is made of wood, therefore, a WITCH!!!!!

It's all become a ridiculous joke, and it's on us. Is there any way we can fight this crap? How can a logical person make inroads when the MSM is turning us into racists? How do we tear down the MSM, the banks, the corporations, the Government - and what do we put in place of said government? The brainwashing has been going on for so long that people just cannot see the forest or the trees anymore. It's just one side against the other, fighting for power, with no regard to actual people who make this country go around.

I have to get up off my butt and find a job here, and I don't want to. I don't want to go out in public anymore, there's nothing there for me. I'm no Mensa guy or any genius, but I can't deal with idiot people anymore and that seems to be all I come into contact with. If I cannot exist without being able to speak my piece without recrimination because I don't subscribe to the BS being loaded on us, then why should I even bother? Why go to work when it will all be taken in taxes? Or better yet, if it all comes crashing down and the dollar becomes even more worthless than it is now? Why even try?

Sorry about my apathy and vitriol, but I am really , really tired of it all. I am tired of being called names by people on television who have no right to be there. How JG ever got on the air baffles me. She's a damned actor, and a pretty crappy one at that, so why is she even on the tele? Who died and made her God? If she were on fire, I tell ya, I would not even urinate on her to put it out. That sickens me, because I'm supposed to be one of the good guys, but tripe like this get's my dander way up in the air.

Edward Bernays would be so proud right now.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Wow, this thread has taken an obvious downward spiral.
What happened? As said earlier, it's almost as if people are posting here just to prove Olberman and Garofalo right.

Is that what happened? You allowed yourselves to be Trolled by those two?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Mr fuel meet Mr Fire ...

Garofalo has told The Village Voice that she snubbed such fine Americans as Rush Limbaugh and Lynne Cheney when they visited the set of 24. "I refused to have my picture taken with them or meet them or anything," Garofalo recalled. "When somebody came to me privately and said 'do you want to meet them?', I said absolutely not." Good for her! The fact that Garofalo acts in an apparently right-leaning fictional television show does not obligate her to get pals-y in real life with the likes of Limbaugh and Cheney. EW

Go crazy folks.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
www.mediatakeout.com...

This racist thing is crazy. Look at all those ridiculous comments...

[edit on 18-4-2009 by coolguitar]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think the teabag protesters are fairly clueless about economics and the Constitution, I think they're a purely partisan movement pretending to be a populist one, but I doubt that more than a small minority of them are particularly racist.

And as far as partisanship goes, do people really expect Keith Olberman to be any less partisan or hyperbolic than Beck, Hannity, etc.?

It's not like he even pretends to be anything other than their liberal equivalent.

[edit on 4/18/09 by xmotex]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Is that what happened? You allowed yourselves to be Trolled by those two?

I admit it, yes. Very sad but very true.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join