It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janeane Garofalo And Keith Olbermann Calls Tea Bag Protesters"Racists"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I think they are just trying to keep minorities from joining the tea parties.

Without minorities it will look like a Republican KKK meeting.

Sorry about the cheap shot on Republicans. But this is similar to what was said at Republican rallies during the election.

dude you do know that the only ever kkk member elected to congress was a democrat? senator robert byrd

what can i said about garbage alo two bit actress who cant make in the movie industry so what does she do?? says something to get on tv and keep her on tv

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Methinks the righties doth protest too much ...

Do people not have the right to assemble and protest in a peaceful manner?

I don't care if they protest about Bush, Obama, JG, Chuck,Rush, Left, right, middle, black, white, kkk, black panthers or whatever, let them protest. If somebody has a problem with the message the protester(s) is/are sending then that person also has a right to protest the ones doing the protest.

Maybe jg did offend people with what she said. Why should she be held to a lower standard than anyone else, regardless of status, for what she said in public?

Your point is well taken that she shouldn't be taken seriously and if she was the only one throwing out the race card she probably wouldn't. However, there does seem to be a repeating pattern with the race card from many sides. Maybe that is why she is in the cross hairs.

One thing all of this does prove is that racism in the US will never die.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You know Jam

on these boards and others , Ive heard a lot of crap about Obama , his cronies , his policies, but until now, BY HIS OWN SUPPORTERS , I had never heard
any Racial comments,

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I think the bigger mystery here is HOW IS THIS WOMAN STILL ABLE TO TALK ABOUT ANYTHING? No one (normal, everyday people) wants anything to do with her. Everyone takes what she says with a grain of salt. Most just downright hate and ignore her, hoping she will go away, Yet she keeps on showing up on the news to put in her 2 cents worth, which is ironic because it's not even worth one cent. She is like the bee or the fly at a picnic that keeps flying in your face annoying you, you swat and hope it will go away, but it just keeps getting in your face. That is Jeneane Gerafalo.....a fly. I didn't hear anything racsist whatsoever, and I have no clue what they are talking about. I used to watch and respect Keith Olberman, but after hearing him take her side on THIS.....I don't think I can watch him any longer. To take Janean Gerofalo seriously, is to be denied being taken seriously yourself ever again if you ask me. No more Keith Olberman for me. JG has always been hateful and just rediculous in everything she says and does and to be a comedian when you are not, in the least, funny is pathetic. The only funny thing about her is that she is a comedian, because she must think she's funny enough to have the job, but I have heard her and she needs to work at McDonalds.....in the back, of course. I can't believe Keith Olberman, I have lost all respect for him now. That's too bad, I really agreed with him on most things, but Jeneane Gerofalo???????? It's over man.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by sinister_scarecrow]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I posted a opinion thread yesterday and I still stand by it today. The Media networks are at war with eachother and their taking us with them. This is a divide and conquer technique thats going to lead to nothing but no good.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The First Amendment garantees the right to free speech.

It does NOT, however, garantee the right to have everyone agree.

JG and Olberman can talk all they want, ratings have already decided what they say is worth.

It's the loons that believe in them that the problem lies. They are the ones so filled with anger and hate (even after their party won) that the only way to express themselves is to hate more and find other targets to hate.

sad, pathetic.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

You misunderstood my meaning. I wasn't referring to the April 15th protests, of course people should protest what they perceive as unjust, I was referring at the downright over-reaction and hysteric protestations by some in this thread.

I did like her in the "The Larry Sanders Show" but I just can't care about what she has to say about politics any more than I care about what old Chuck has to share with me.

In fact, by making so much out of this, those who protest her words the most are in the process also giving her the most legitimacy.

[edit on 18 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

You misunderstood my meaning. I wasn't referring to the April 15th protests, of course people should protest what they perceive as unjust, I was referring at the downright over-reaction and hysteric protestations by some in this thread.

I did like her in the "The Larry Sanders Show" but I just can't care about what she has to say about politics any more than I care about what old Chuck has to share with me.

In fact, by making so much out of this, those who protest her words the most are in the process also giving her the most legitimacy.

[edit on 18 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

Ignoring a cockroach infestation won't make them go away. Sometimes light has to be shown on them, have people notice them for what they are to fully remove them.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Who is this Garofalo woman, other than a nasty piece of work? I've never heard of her before. I never watch Obermann because I know what a moron he is, but watched this one to see who she is. Another moron just displaying her ignorance and obviously doesn't have a clue as to what NORMAL people think.

Junk like this is why MSNBC is 24th in the new ratings competition according to
MSN money

news.moneycentral.msn.com... le.aspx?symbol=US:NWS&feed=BW&date=20090331&id=9746020

Since I am no raving beauty, I rarely comment on a person's looks, but this woman is ugly from the inside out.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I find it highly ironic to see these tea-party folks presented as racists.

I am in a position to bring some expertise to bear on this subject, as I myself AM an actual white racist, vicious, explicit, committed, self-consistent, and hate-filled as the day is long (although with a certain fun-loving superficially charming quality that enables me to be tolerated among my mostly liberal friend-group, kinda like how we can overlook Harry's being a Jehovah's Witness since he's such a good golfing buddy...).
I am not a secret racist, I'm a known racist, with large racist tattoos, I proselytize racial hatred (and other similar closely-related socially-proscribed awakenings for sincere seekers) in my daily life for probably four or five hours a week, and I have a keen sense for selecting the type of person that I can successfully bring along into this set of behaviors and attitudes, while avoiding those (though they may be sweet, friendly, and interested) who will never be any good at it. No, really, it's true.
(Plus - but I digress - I have observed a strong ability among racists in general to recognize other members of the subculture based only on minimal innocuous cues - "We know our own" - kinda like how junkies know who to approach for dope in a strange town, or like how schizophrenics can spot each other, or ex-Marines...(long boring example story omitted here)).

So, please, given my experience in these matters, allow me to assert that these tea-party type persons are very generally unsuitable for racist recruitment, and are considered not racist worth a damn among people who actually are down with the program.
Let me give you a feel for the some of the problems with them, these tea-party-istas. They tend to have a fundamental inchoate sentimental attachment to ideas and idealism involving decency, democracy, fair play, right-and-wrong as learned from Mom, America, one-man one-vote, the Constitution, (are you picking up on what I'm putting down , can we move this list along here), the Golden Rule, the flag, herd conformism, common courtesy, petting zoos and et cetera which screws them up so thoroughly that they are pretty much incapable of pursuing an unconflicted consistent selfish path of racial self-interest. Your proper racist on the other hand is post-American, not hardly interested in the Constitution, satanic (in the sense of not amoral but a law unto himself, rigidly following self-directed rules without requiring public agreement) and does not brake for happy endings.
A proper racist also (unlike tea-partiers with so many principles) has a certain natural deceitful opportunism like that of dedicated revolutionary Communists, prison-gang members, undercover narcotics officers, and high-level fringe-cultists. You can't be too good for the greater good...and these tea-partyists are only at home in the overly-acceptable (hence their conventional symbology and iconography), they are "too good" for their own good.
(Ooh, pop culture reference coming up ) - A proper racist is more like Heath Ledger in "The Dark Knight" than like Heath Ledger in "The Patriot"...these other types just screw it up, they are like a knife that turns in your hand, they do not but slightly ever know themselves...There you go.

I could go on but by this point either you get me or you don't.

Seriously, it is ludicrous and factually incorrect for Ms. Garofalo and Keith to deem the tea-part-ites "racists" (I get the feeling J+K don't know any actual racists, truly) when even as articulate and persuasive a racist as I am could probably only really work with 5 percent or so of the group...No. Really. It's true. J+K might do better to reserve the word "racist" for actual committed racists, and not through hyperbolic accusations drive sheepish fence-sitters to join me in the goat corral.

(I appreciate any guidance from members as to whether this post violates the T+C... I seldom post as a racist on here (having other relevant interests) so I am unsure of the technique for how to do it. Hopefully I have just squeaked by, but only the group knows the group standards. So, feel free, and do tell...)

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
i say if the left continues like this you will see a change of power in 2010 and hopeful agian in 2012.

maybe i am being optimistic but i can hope.

maybe its time to give independents power.

i'd watch INN INDEPENDENT NEWS NETWORK

[edit on 18-4-2009 by neo67]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The Elite are trying to divide us, as ever, by making the tea bag protests seem solely like a Republican Versus Democrat thing and they are doing it using their old trump card, MAIN STREAM MEDIA NEWS...

See, this is all a ploy to make the protests ineffective by making them solely a partisan gesture rather than an attempt to get America back on track by invoking the Boston Tea Party...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
i didnt see the video. i read about it today. olbermann should worry more about his taxes than tea parties. oh wait, liberals dont pay taxes, i almost forgot, my apologies

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Ignoring a cockroach infestation won't make them go away. Sometimes light has to be shown on them, have people notice them for what they are to fully remove them.

That's nice ...

There are 303,824,640 such "cockroaches" in the US, all with their own opinion.

Are you to remove all those who don't agree with you?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Nope, just the ones who use hate to motivate and illustrate their points. The ones who would rather see us divided and angry at each other rather than united.

Those are the ones I would like to see exposed for what they truely are.

About the only true racists that have been talked about tonight are JG and KO. They are the ones who are intollerent of anyone whom they disagree with.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
wait a minute, jeneane is the racist, she just called people rednecks..so white people from the south are all racist?? My arse. This is more contrived melodrama disinfo by a deliberate enemy within manipulation in corporate media trying to manipulate the vestiges of American Reality, vs their interpretation and subsequent attempt at hegemony over the american paradigm. using of course really nice HD tvs to drive home the nueroleptic brainwashing signals..

OBEY, SHOP, SLEEP, NEVER WAKE UP, STAY ASLEEP..

I can see a bunch of breakrooms with immigrants who take the above dribble report for reality. Maybe olberman is out of his mind..myabe i am, at least i think objectively. Go ahead, call me a redneck..yee haw, im a redneck even though i have and have had many a different race of friends..

msnbc, may reccomend, insanity flush..

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Nope, just the ones who use hate to motivate and illustrate their points.

That's a lot of people, you're going to need a bigger spray can.

The ones who would rather see us divided and angry at each other rather than united.

Now you're talking! Though in the grand scheme of things they also have their role to play.

Those are the ones I would like to see exposed for what they truely are.

The good thing about that is that they usually expose themselves.

About the only true racists that have been talked about tonight are JG and KO. They are the ones who are intollerent of anyone whom they disagree with.

See, now you're making me divided and angry.

Time to self spray.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

heh heh , I gotta give you cred for that

She would prolly call you a chavinist

but then who cares, be worth a few shots

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
reply to post by Swatman

heh heh , I gotta give you cred for that

She would prolly call you a chavinist

but then who cares, be worth a few shots

im already a right wing extremist according to Janet reno errr Napolitano, so whats an extra word?

lets see the current list:
right wing extremist
terrorist
racist

any more?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join