It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janeane Garofalo And Keith Olbermann Calls Tea Bag Protesters"Racists"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Lies....GD liars.

Lies everywhere....seriously.

This is the biggest bunch of BS i've ever seen.

Just keep on trashing the protesters..those who actually care and want a freaking voice.

Go to a tea party? Janeane Garafolo says you are a racists. You just hate a black man in the white house. It has nothing to do with our debt exploding...the fed ravaging the American people.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think they are just trying to keep minorities from joining the tea parties.

Without minorities it will look like a Republican KKK meeting.

Sorry about the cheap shot on Republicans. But this is similar to what was said at Republican rallies during the election.

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

But when they were protesting Bush, that was OK. That was Americans voicing their Constitutional-protected opinions (which it was).

Now, with Obama, you're a racist if you say anything against his plans and programs. You're not allowed to protest against the government. It's wrong to have an opinion that's counter to Obama.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I don't get it. These were peaceful protests..and most of the people were protesting government spending and the federal reserve...so let's call them...

RACISTS??!?!

Are you freaking kidding me?

I can't believe the things I see sometimes.

Unbelievable.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well this makes perfect sense.

I thought we were upset about frivelous spending, taxation without representation, and it goes on and on.

But I now see it's only because obama's black.

Yep you can tax me 100%. As long as your white. (Sarcasm)

I'm not going to listen to some actor, who acts like she is ****** the smartest woman on the earth. Ugh.

You can actually watch them turn the whole meaning of what this was really meant to be.

I feel incredibly sick. Incredibly

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm sure I would find this more offensive had I actually gotten out to one of the protests, but this again is nothing more than the same we have all heard before.

I'll provide the following transcript for those who didn't watch the video, or whose audio wasn't working

Kieth Olbermann: Disinfo! Disinfo! Disinfo! Disinfo! Disinfo!

Janeane Garofalo: Disinfo!

Kieth Olbermann: Disinfo! Disinfo!

Janeane Garafalo: Disinfo! Disinfo! Disinfo! Disinfo! Disinfo! Disinfo! Disinfo! Disinfo! Disinfo! Disinfo!

We need to protest the media outlets too!

The greatest thing they forget; is that the KKK was populated heavily by the democratic party and worked towards democratic ends originally.

[edit on 4/17/2009 by eNumbra]

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I know that the way some in the MSM are portraying this is BS but...there should have been massive tax day protests while Bush was in office too.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
To give you an idea of this woman I'll post some quotes.

“When I see the American flag, I go, 'Oh my God, you're insulting me.'”
Janeane Garofalo quote

“When Communist U.S.S.R. was a superpower, the world was better off. The right-wing media is trying to marginalize the peace movement.”
Janeane Garofalo quote

We`re (women) our own worst enemies a lot of the time, but I still blame men.

Our country is founded on a sham: our forefathers were slave-owning rich white guys who wanted it their way. So when I see the American flag, I go, `Oh my God, you`re insulting me.` That you can have a gay parade on Christopher Street in New York, with na...

I also notice, she's racist in and of herself, she calls women stockholm syndrom infected, the old white guys?

Being upset over being over taxed is not a "Neurological Disorder".

Ive watched it three times. I've thrown up three times.

I can literally see myself running across the country, during the live interview and punching her in the face clean out, then just slowing walk away huffing and puffing.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Republican08]

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
welcome to my world.
How you felt about this is how I feel when I hear Rush, or Ann, or O'Reilly, or Hannity....BUT...at least I am honest enough to say that the segment you posted is inflamatory and bias as heck...and just plain stupid. It annoyed me as well.
Anyone that is entirely liberal is retarded...anyone that is entirely conservative is retarded. What you can do, is not be played or used by either side. Decide for yourself, think for yourself and if you subscribe to everything any one person believes other than Christ himself, well than you be a fool.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
There is another interview of one of the commentators on CNN calling the protesters whiners on some radio show.

I haven't been able to find a video for it.

They are slandering their freaking audience?

Are they stupid?

It's crazy man.

They aren't supposed to slur the american people like this.

Horrible.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
I know that the way some in the MSM are portraying this is BS but...there should have been massive tax day protests while Bush was in office too.

Screw Obama, screw Bush, those protests should be held EVERY April 15th!

Let the Government know how the people feel about their crap. Not that it would do any good.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This is what i think is complete bollocks, you protest the president and your a racist, now tell me that the NWO/Illuminati didn't know that would happen? no they did, and its almost a perfect plan, they have the big bloody Racism Card and they can play it in any situation, it's complete bollocks, way to Oppress the people from free speech

this is the same thing that happens when you talk about Israel

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Agreed. But at least we as a country are finally speaking out. From what i've heard from friends of mine that protests been happening often especially during the Bush years, but they are rarely mentioned in the news. When there is coverage, they usually just say a small group of college kids were trying to disrupt a speech by the president, but other than that it all went well. Right now the crowd is getting bigger and louder, and it can't be ignored anymore. So now they are trying to discredit this as much as possible. They don't want democracy to actually start working, cause then they'll lose power. But since they used a couple of meaningless celebs that need the air time to speak their trash. Weak attempt to take the focus away from the issue, though some people would believe this.

link   
This is why I do not watch MSNBC OR Fox News. They both have their role which is to distract the American sheeple so they will not find out for themselves what is going on.

Its an old game now. This whole Left bashing the Right and visa versa. Its just a distraction to keep people from moving forward.

As far as the protests were concerned, I bet there were a few at the rallies that just hate Obama but I think that the vast majority are just sick and tired of being taxed to death, have their bosses being taxed to death causing them to lay people off, and the reckless new policy that Congress has adopted of passing huge spending bills without reading them.

link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Now, with Obama, you're a racist if you say anything against his plans and programs.

Which is exactly why the powers that be, put him in there. It makes perfect sense doesn't it? We're all bad guys if we speak against "anything" the new administration slings our way...anything. Scary.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Exactly! It should have been done when Bush was president too. But it wasn't. It just gives more fuel to some people to say things like Garofalo said.

If there were mass tax day protests during Bush's presidency, then those people could not say things like that.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Public protests of taxes and an over-reaching government? That's just so un-American. What's next?

Vote Quimby

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Juh-knee'n Gawd-awful-ho needs to smoke a few more cigarettes...she almost sounds like Selma Diamond, but she's not quite there.

"limbic-brained rednecks"

Apparently at this point all you have to do is string two or three unrelated words into an incoherent catch phrase and repeat it ad nauseum and you're a friggin' genius. And apparently it doesn't matter if your catch phrase makes any sense whatsoever as long as at least one word invokes hatred and bias.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I would gladly debate her in a public forum about her theories. This is bad news because now if you are not a democrat you are mentally ill. I really wish some one like her would have the genitalia to enter into a conversation with me on topics like they were discussing.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hem, can someone explain to me why all this posturing and outrage because a comedian/actress said something stupid.

As far as I am aware it kinda happens all the time.

Has anyone listened to Chuck Norris lately?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join