It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama in historic handshake with Hugo Chavez of Venezuela

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
As for sucking up to Cahvez for oil?
You drive a car?
Suck up that.
Until people stop using their cars and force the government to do something about the oil situation they've no right to point the finger.

Huh? You are making no sense.

Why do you want to stop driving your car?

It's called advancement or progressing. You can use a horse and buggy but I will stay with my motorized vehicle. I want the government to stop pandering to these retarded dictators and allow once again for businesses to expand drilling for our own oil. It's not a hard concept but it might for you since you seem to think the government is the solution to everything.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

You are so far off the mark it's rather funny.

You go and try to be friends with someone who is out for your destruction and regularly put you down verbally you and lets see how far you get.

You would not get far because you would be dead already.

Originally posted by johnsky
Apparently in your backward logic, cooperation, diplomacy and peace are bad ideas.

What a retarded country you live in.

As stated above, with your backwards logic, you would be dead or would never have been born because your parents or grandparents would have died before you were born.

You might think America is a retarded country but it's still better than whatever backwards, dumbass country you are from by a mile.

[edit on 4/18/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Don't worry John, the braindead toughguys are just a vocal minority.

Most Americans are sick and tired of that kind of thinking these days.

Those clowns ran the country for eight years, and look where it got us

[edit on 4/18/09 by xmotex]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Obama is happy to get in touch with his evil partners. He will be worse than Jimmy Carter making our enemies stronger. Obama will turn his back on Israel causing a massive war and Civil war for the U.S.

Shaking hands after that scum came to this country and disrespected us all borders on Treason given the countless threats he has made to all of us.

Obama is not my President and he is the Anti-Christ.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You crazy people are aware that Bush shook hands with Chavez too, by the way, right?

That's why Chavez said "With this same hand I greeted Bush eight years ago"

The US does not get to decide how Venezuela is run - the Venezuelans do.

A willingness to accept that is the difference between this administration and the last one.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
You crazy people are aware that Bush shook hands with Chavez too, by the way, right?

That's why Chavez said "With this same hand I greeted Bush eight years ago"

The US does not get to decide how Venezuela is run - the Venezuelans do.

A willingness to accept that is the difference between this administration and the last one.

Exactly and a star for you. That is the difference between a neo con and a libertarian. Until the so called Republicans get this small fact that its not their job to tell people how to live I dont see them ever controlling government again. Chavez good or bad was elected not once but twice by the people and that was even after a US led cout attempt.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Obama is happy to get in touch with his evil partners.

Partners? Based on what?

He will be worse than Jimmy Carter making our enemies stronger.

How did jimmy carter make 'the enemies' of the US 'stronger'?

Obama will turn his back on Israel causing a massive war and Civil war for the U.S.

Has Obama so far cancelled the aid to Israel that ammounts to close to ten BILLION dollars per year? What did he have to say about Israel's completely illegal blockade, bombardment and invasion of Gaza not so long ago? How is a 'enemy' of Israel?

How is he going to start a civil war in the US?

Shaking hands after that scum came to this country and disrespected us all borders on Treason given the countless threats he has made to all of us.

How is Hugo Chavev a 'scum bag'; when last did he start two wars against countries that never attacked him? How is Hugo Chavez 'disrespectful' by discussing the crimes of the US national security state? Can you give me a source for the 'threats' he has made against the US? Isn't the only think Iran, North Korea, and the rest ever do is promise to defend themselves against the very real threats and invasions the US so frequently carriers out?

Obama is not my President and he is the Anti-Christ.

Yup; cause we all know a black president MUST mean that he is the Anti-Christ. Nicely done with this typically ignorant, paranoid racist diatribe.

Stellar

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Good grief you people who just want to hate because of naming calling are rediculas. BUSH deserved it and so did we for electing the imbecile. Now Chavez is really no better, but we make zero progress by acting like spoiled little children who are to good to turn the other cheek. Chavez will be gone someday and things will be much better if we do not cause the entire nation of Venezuala to hate us.

We have become so fat and lazy that we need the rest of the world just to keep your fat but on the couch watching your big screen TV's that was probably made in China because we are to lazy to make em here.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Most Americans are sick and tired of that kind of thinking these days.

Not true. Most Americans don't want the U.S. to be in bed with thug dictators like Chavez. Weren't you complaining about Bush being in bed with the thug Saddam?
I guess it's ok now that the Messiah is President.

Those clowns ran the country for eight years, and look where it got us

Yeah, it kept us safe. I guess you don't care about that.
I bet you like the current crop of clowns though.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

What does that have to do with anything?
People did not like it when Bush did it so what is your point?

Stop living in the past dude and get over that Bush is no longer President so you cannot blame him anymore. You must come to grips about how terrible the current clown President is handling his business.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Dude, you are apparently NOT reading what I wrote or intentionally just ignoring it. You seriously cannot believe that the elections are fair right?

Well i know for a fact that the Jnr bush lost BOTH elections and still managed to become president; all well documented. If you want to show me the specific evidence ( such as Jeb Bushes vote rigging in Florida) about such things in Venezuela i will look at them. Until such a time i will happily believe that Hugo Chavez keeps winning because he is giving the majority some of what he promised them making him a much better candidate than what they are used to.

He is a dictator, he will always win.

He isn't a dictator and hasn't always won.... In fact George bush was closer to a dictator as the US supreme courts installed him long before the final vote counts that proved he lost were in.

All you have to do is listen to the people when they are alone and anonymous and don't feel threatened. They will tell you a different story about Chavez. Don't you understand Chavez kills anyone who opposes him or does not agree with him.

And this is what the capitalist tell us about every nation that tries to follow a more nationalist approach to self development. Since it's the same old people who promised us OBL in Afghanistan and WOMD in Iraq i have no reason to believe them in lieu of actual evidence.

You go and try to be friends with someone who is out for your destruction and regularly put you down verbally you and lets see how far you get.

You would not get far because you would be dead already.

'Put's you down verbally?' Are you older than 16? Is this the type of thinking you employ to discover who America's friends and enemies are on the foreign scene? Sure Hugo Chavez likes to talk a lot but don't you understand that the average voter in Venezuela likes the fact that they can gain insight into what is going on in his mind? Why do you think they so infrequently allowed George Bush near a microphone?

"I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

"So I analyzed that and decided I didn't want to be the president during a depression greater than the Great Depression, or the beginning of a depression greater than the Great Depression." --George W. Bush, Washington D.C., Dec. 18, 2008

"I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market system." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2008

"You know, I'm the President during this period of time, but I think when the history of this period is written, people will realize a lot of the decisions that were made on Wall Street took place over a decade or so, before I arrived in President, during I arrived in President." --George W. Bush, ABC News interview, Dec. 1, 2008

"This thaw -- took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to unthaw." --George W. Bush, on liquidity in the markets, Alexandria, La., Oct. 20, 2008

"And they have no disregard for human life." --George W. Bush, on the brutality of Afghan fighters, Washington, D.C., July 15, 2008

"I remember meeting a mother of a child who was abducted by the North Koreans right here in the Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 26, 2008

Personally i don't think the enemies of the US people come from abroad and as can be seen from the above quotes Hugo Chavez very probably knows more about what Americans want than George Bush knows about even the English language.

As stated above, with your backwards logic, you would be dead or would never have been born because your parents or grandparents would have died before you were born.

Metaphysics AND politics? That's really clever.

You might think America is a retarded country but it's still better than whatever backwards, dumbass country you are from by a mile.

Well i can admit my mistakes as i discover my error; you must be 14 not 16 , right?

Stellar

[edit on 19-4-2009 by StellarX]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I don't know why people are thinking Obama is going around 'sucking up' or exchanging pleasantries with so called dictators and unpleasant US hating individuals . If anything it is the Leaders of these Latin American countries that need to be wary of the US and Obama , not you of them . You think he is out there pandering to these people and making you look bad ? He is doing what every other US president has done .. try and open up countries to US banks and corporations for exploitation. Except this is his way of doing it , with a handshake and a smile . Doesn't mean his agenda is in anyway different .

Under Bush , Latin America was by in large ignored , and what happened was China's influence grew , american influence waned . And the US don't like it .. any kind of Asian or Europea influence there , they never have , ask monroe . So, all this is , is Obama trying to weasel his way back in and try to recapture some lost political and economic 'influence' . If the Latin Americans have any sense, they'll smile back, shake his hand and pack him off back home on the earliest flight .

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
Well i know for a fact that the Jnr bush lost BOTH elections and still managed to become president; all well documented.

Are you insane?
Of course he won both elections. You do understand how the election system & electoral college system works right? Apparently not.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Of course he won both elections. You do understand how the election system & electoral college system works right? Apparently not.

I know you wont read the following and that there is a even smaller chance that you will attempt to 'validate' the claims made but i lack the time to attempt to 'prove' the fact that the republicans lost both elections in terms of both popular votes and the electoral college. In fact after the last few years of reading i think i know a whole lot more about the US electoral system than you do.....

archives.cnn.com...

www.michaelparenti.org...

www.rollingstone.com...

www.scoop.co.nz...

www.failureisimpossible.com...

www.slate.com...

Either way this is what i know based on what i have read and i am quite confident that i am about as likely to change your mind as you are mine.

Having said that i would like to see the sources that has convinced you that the counts were fair or the fraud mostly on the democratic side.

Stellar

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Shaking Hands? I hardly think so, they appear to be giving eachother dap, as if they were some good old homeboys from the same block. What a joke, and quite frankly, what a mockery of the Office of President that Obama has been making on his International Relations tours as of recent.

And yet i think despite all the silly gifts he has been handing out the fact that he can speak proper English probably more than makes up for the rest.
"Homeboys from the same block"? I think the joke is on you....

I know too many individuals who have fled from Venezuela as well, and I can speak from my gained knowledge that the nation is a disturbing cesspool of corruption, oppression, and assassinations.

I am sure it still is ( probably no more than South-Africa) and sure that Hugo Chavez and the poor majority of Venezualans will have a uphill struggle to defeat the entrenched corrupt power of the rich minority some of which always flees when their corrupt practices and theft are exposed to scrutiny.

Chavez is a complete thuggish tyrant, and he deserves no recognition beyond a simple diplomatic "Hello".

And since much of the world feels that way about American foreign policy perhaps you can just keep your Bushes and you Obama's home so that we wont have to pretend to like it when they visit the countries they are combing or subverting by economic terrorism?

There was a reason Hugo Chavez never squared off face-to-face with President Bush in such a manner, and to answer it quite blatantly, it was because he [Chavez] feared him [President Bush].

Since i am already on the topic of age, in this thread, how old are you? Do you think that you just employed a mature approach to discussing international relationships? Don't you think the rest of the world should get a warning if we are supposed to elect the largest men in our country so that they may 'face off' with the rest of the world leaders? Should we equip them with swords, maces or can we send them with old style single shot pistols for shoot outs at dawn?

I suppose i should thank you as whatever my errors and ignorance when it comes to trying to 'inform' others at least i can offer them more than this brutish concept of foreign policy.

Stellar

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
WhatTheory cmon man you know and I know that if the US wanted to bomb the hell out of Venezuela you would be in the front row of the cheerleading squad. Second why is he a thug?

Chavez is a thug for many reasons but most of all because of his dictatorship. He has taken control of Venezuela with an iron fist. He has nationalized everything, taken away all freedom from the people and if you dare to question him, you will end up dead. Yeah, nice guy.

Chavez really doesn't like our way of doing things up here. Hes a power hungry dictator that makes himself look big by running his mouth against the US.

We dump millions into his country by letting Chavez operate gas and convenience stores here and that is a social welfare operation. Really we are doing him and his country a favor.

But Chavez is smart in that he understands how susceptible certain are to his crying about the what 500 years of what bleeding? Why doesn't he open a chain of convenience deals in Spain to help deal with their guilt?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
When people bow in martial arts it's a mutual act. In Asian culture TWO PEOPLE BOW TO EACH OTHER! Never should ANYONE bow to the King of Saudi Arabia unless said king reciprocates with an equal and as respectful bow. That was disgusting to see Obama bow to such a piece of # leader. Digusting!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
BFHD. Obama shook someone's hand, or bowed to someone. Bush Sr. *puked* on a Japanese leader. Jimmy Carter kissed Queen Elizabeth on the lips. Criminy, things happen. Get over it. It doesn't mean squat.

Obama's reaching out to Chavez because we could use some allies, and Venezuela has lots of resources we'd love to get our hands on (including oil). It's not like Obama's sleeping with the guy. He's just trying to thaw out relations with the country.

By offering friendship, Obama is actually undercutting Chavez's anti-American stance. Here he is, reaching out - how can Chavez keep saying our country is evil, won't deal with Venezuela?

You've got Roosevelt shaking hands with Stalin, Bush shaking hands with the bin Ladens. It has almost no significance in the great scheme of things, any more than Michelle Obama wearing sleeveless dresses. It's the kind of idiocy that gets aired on a slow news day when there haven't been enough murders or terrorist acts to be entertaining.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Obama and Chavez are both street smart. Even mob hit men are known to kiss their victims on the lips.

In the real world, people are what they do, not what they say, or can be known by public gestures they make.

None of us know what Obama or Chavez are really thinking or what they will do in the future.

Obama, I'm guessing, is taking advantage of Chavez's naivete and inherent social inferiority complex. Pumping up the ego of an intellectual lightweight like Chavez costs nothing. Let him get a false sense of security.

More to be gained by having him onboard, at least on some social level, than antagonistic.

I don't have great confidence in Obama as a strategist for financial crises and foreign power alliances, but he does know how to play people.

And let the fat old Saudi King think the new president is inherently subservient and weak. More to gain by disarming your opponent psychologically than putting them on guard. Saudi Arabia might be in for some unpleasant surprises in the near future. Why tip them off?

I don't know the exact translation from one of the Chinese philosophers - maybe H'sun-tze. Paraphrasing:

"When weak, act strong. When strong, act weak."

We'll find out what Obama is really up to, soon enough.

Mike

[edit on 27-4-2009 by mmiichael]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join