It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When would you go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I was just reading the current thread about the potential discovery of Cleopatra's tomb and it made me think of a conversation some friends and I had recently. It was a fascinating discussion, so I thought I'd pose the same question to my fellow ATSers.

If you could go anywhen or anywhere on the planet, round-trip, when/where would you go? Please also include the reason why. (The choice of words here is intentional - time travel is allowed for the purposes of this discussion.)

I'll start it off with my answer - I'd like to visit the Library of Alexandria before Ceasar burned it's contents. (If you are to believe that accounting of history.) Think of the history that would have been stored in that library - the building of the pyramids and the sphynx, stories of Atlantis, first hand accounts of encounters of the first kind with the ancient gods and goddesses, perhaps even information on Stonehenge and other ancient mysteries. All of the information that we have since lost to the fog of time.

So, how about you? When would you go?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Approximately, 100,000 years ago to the continent of Mu, other wise known as Lemeria. Before the destruction of course. Why? I would love to learn about everything; government, science, horticulture, space, religion, and metaphysics....everything. It has been written that they lived free from stress and disease and that the lived in perfect harmony with nature.

If time and space are no problem... I would not mind taking a peek at the Akashic Records.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'd go to Nazareth to speak with Jesus in person. Or to see Atlantis before it was destroyed since you seem to imply any time in history.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Brilliant! Great answers, thanks for playing.

I guess it shows what a geek I am at heart. Others suggest going straight to the source, the actual historical figures and events, and i want to go to the library and read about them. Silly me. But hey - if you only have one shot at this hypothetical trip, a repository of knowledge would make a good candidate right?

Any other good places/times to visit?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripnman

The Big Boom Bang... Err Big Bang, billions of years into the past.

Well who knows the deception going on could be galactic or even universal in scope(The Bible have actually described kingdoms spanning Galaxies, even description of galaxies aside our own Milky Way). I think for now, the whole Milky Way Galaxy is in a mess.

new topics

top topics

join