It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss. woman gets shot in head, but makes tea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Miss. woman gets shot in head, but makes tea

home.peoplepc.com

The slug from a .380-caliber handgun struck Tammy Sexton squarely in the forehead, passed through her skull and exited through the back of her head, Byrd said. A deputy arrived within minutes and was greeted by the woman.

"When the officer got there she said, `What's going on?' She was holding a rag on her head and talking. She was conscious, but she was confused about what had happened," he said. "She had made herself some tea and offered the officer something to drink."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I did a search on ats I havent found any mention of this story yet ok I used to own a 38 cali and I know the blast hole it can leave and find this story to be truly amazing. A hollow point from a 38 will blow the entire back of your skull out Im going to do a search on ap to see if I can come up with any pictures.

Falcon

home.peoplepc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Wow, I can't really contribute much, but that is absolutely insane. Her husband blows her head off, assumes shes dead then goes and does himself.

She gets up and makes tea, using a towel to wipe down her head thats mind boggling.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

"There's no way she should be alive other than a miracle from God," said Sheriff Mike Byrd of Jackson County, Miss.

Not really, as long as the bullet doesn't hit critical areas of the brain you can survive.

Apparently it did do some observable damage to her mind as she seemed obvlivious to what had happened. She knew enough to put a towel to her head, but couldn't realize that something big had just happened.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Glad she survived!

Hope she can recover from the loss of her husband.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Sounds like this poor lady is brain damaged. I'm pretty sure that, otherwise, she would've noticed that something was amiss. Sad story, hope everything works out for her.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
Sounds like this poor lady is brain damaged. I'm pretty sure that, otherwise, she would've noticed that something was amiss. Sad story, hope everything works out for her.

TheAssociate

Nah, its Mississippi, dont worry about it, its all good

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by falcon

You're confusing a .38 with a .380, they're different sizes. The .380 uses a 9mm shell, but with less muzzle velocity than a .38, less range, and less stopping power and can hold a 115 grain shell. A .38 has a muzzle velocity of between 777ft/sec and 1100ft/sec and the .380 is around 895ft/sec with a 100gr round.

As for what the brain can take, look up Phineas Gage sometime. He took a tamping iron through his brain, and lived for several years afterwards.

That's his skull next to it.

[edit on 4/17/2009 by Zaphod58]

new topics

top topics

join