It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate dimensional thinkers are WELCOME! Is String theory our reality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I would like to start a Thread that can go on longer for just a few days before falling into the ATS void.

I want to talk about the possibility realities that exist within an infinite universe, and infinite universes.

Video Here: www.youtube.com...

I would also like to talk about how this affects our realities on a daily basis, with or without your knowledge of it happening in front of you, when it actually does.

Alternate Dimensions & Alternate realities. I was reading posts about dejavus, Lucid dreaming, and some things dealing with spirituality. this made me think that a thread like this can explain occurrences of dejavus or seeing oneself in a past life. (alternate parallel realities.)

I want to go over a few things. A few definitions on a few key words that will be discussed here. Any additions VIA replies would be appreciated.

REALITY -
1. the state or quality of being real.
2. resemblance to what is real.
3. a real thing or fact.
4. real things, facts, or events taken as a whole; state of affairs: the reality of the business world; vacationing to escape reality.
5. Philosophy.
a. something that exists independently of ideas concerning it.
b. something that exists independently of all other things and from which all other things derive.

Universe -
1. the totality of known or supposed objects and phenomena throughout space; the cosmos; macrocosm.
2. the whole world, esp. with reference to humanity: a truth known throughout the universe.
3. a world or sphere in which something exists or prevails: his private universe.

Source: dictionary.reference.com...

String theory: en.wikipedia.org...

Our reality is what we observe, and experience throughout our lifetime. The reality for one would be different from another person on the opposite side of the planet. How, if we observe the same thing? Reality is NOT Merely just observation. The image, or information, from words, or pictures, goes into your brain VIA your eyes (sight sense) and it translates what the object appears to look like. This is somewhat universal. What separates all of us, is plain old perception, a way of seeing, that fits your own reality.

It was a known reality before Columbus discovered the Americas, that the world was flat, and that the earth was the center of the universe, or that geological occurrences were by the hands of god.

Well, what’s the difference now? We know better. We have slowly as a society, started to look beyond our existence, beyond our own perceptions to look beyond what we see in our accepted, finally using our free mind to ponder the mysteries of the universe and perception of reality.

I will give out another example of one’s reality, VS another’s.
Muslim & Christians. Each one has their rules, rite of passage after death, god perception, prophet perception… etc.

On each side, they have their own reality in the persons individually. To a Muslim it’s his/her faith that makes their reality, and the same goes for Christians. It’s all about perception, and seeing things from a different viewpoint and being brought up by the social accepted reality of how things should be, or are.
Sorry for the crude example. I know comparing the two are like apples and oranges, but they are still fruits from the same earth.

String theory. This theory has fascinated me since I have read about it, and have seen videos trying to explain it. It’s a theory of everything, and it makes so much sense… to me at least. This theory explains how time/space works on different levels and dimensions.

Think of yourself on a straight line. That line is your existence through time. Points on that line behind you are the past, and the line in front of you is the future. Choice, chance, luck, and all the variables of life that you encounter each spring up different dimensions/realities you may not be aware of. As the video states, there is a possible reality, that the brits still colonized the Americas, that the USA lost WW2, and also a reality where YOU WERE NOT EVEN BORN!

Back to that straight line of yours. Each time, you have a thought, or make a choice to get up early that day. You do exactly that, and well, you made a choice to do that and now that choice is now part of your reality. If you had not chosen to wake up early, and you slept in, that would be a different string (reality) you create! The choice you made might seem small, but now there is an alternate time line that you actually slept in that day. This was all caused by a choice. A fork in your time line. Option A, or B. take the red or blue pill…. How far the rabbit hole goes is how far down you think it might go.

I want everyone’s thoughts on this, questions, more information, correcting me if I am wrong in my examples, or anything I said. This is to build up knowledge on the spiritual and physical realities each and every one of us experiences.

In an alternate reality, this thread has 1000 flags

(Choice, Chance, whichever way you want to put it, creates your reality)

[edit on 4/17/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I made this thread so people can expand on ST, how it could cause dejavus, influence dreams, and holding existence together. i also made this to get different viewpoints on the subject, would be nice to see others input.

MODs, sorry if i bumped, but i put some effort into this, and this is the only bump ill do.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

utterly impressive, i am truly happy with what you said and i am also impressed by how explainatory your thread has been plus in an alternate reality you would have 2,000 flags, i am glad if i inspired you to write this thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You have some good point in this thread. ST is new to me, and I want learn more about it. Any suggested articles or authors?

Reality could be defined as an organism's perception based on senses. After all, without any fundamental senses (for humans: taste, smell touch etc.) the theory of reality wouldn't even exist.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spitfire19

Here are some vids that explain ST, and parallel universes.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jellyman1991
reply to post by ugie1028

utterly impressive, i am truly happy with what you said and i am also impressed by how explainatory your thread has been plus in an alternate reality you would have 2,000 flags, i am glad if i inspired you to write this thread.

Thanks Jelly! i tried to explain the best i can, sometimes its hard to explain something, someone cannot see, someone cannot understand, but yet, its there, in front of us, kicking us in the face, and yet, some are blind. im not saying blind is a bad thing, its just the non-informed people. the ones who are stuck in their own "box" and are only familiar with whats inside their box (reality.)

anyone else want to add to this thread?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
OK, so I stumbled onto this while researching alternate realities. I have never really seen the definition of TS, so thank you. Are we saying that because someone acts on a choice to do something, ie; put gas in the car when the fuel light goes on, in the "reality" string he gets gas and then goes on driving down the road. However if for a split second that same person thinks about just driving untill the tank goes dry and then having to walk back for gas, then an alternate reality is created where all events after are different? Like he gets home later and so on... Question: In order for the alternate reality to be created does the thought have to happen? and and is it some kind of personal energy devoted to the thought that goes on and forms this alternate string? If that is the case, then I suppose I can take a shot a dejavu explanation. In the explanation given above, say in reality dude gets gas, goes home and then goes to a party all night. In the 2nd reality, where he thought about running out of gas, the energy of the thought plays out(new string) and it/he gets back home an hour later, after getting gas, then 2nd string energy gets to the same party an hour later. Perhaps there is a point at the party where reality and the 2nd string meet up, and this is the Dejavu or rejoining of the lost energy? Are there parts of TS that explain or allow for alternate strings to loop back to the main string?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The universe is simply a gradiation of density that extends + or - into infinity. Life's vibration is the lowest demensional form , electromatic waves are next, and the highest... is pure nothing as energy is dissipated into the universal abyss.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I've read some about ST and I'm not sure I buy into it. Some of it makes sense, but in reality (bad term) how can so many realities exist? I know the universe may be infinite (or may not be, nothing has been proven) but if every decision creates another reality, there are infinite numbers of realities for every person going on at the same time. In ST, there are a limited number of dimensions. How can there be limited dimensions, but not limited realities?

I guess I would have to know that the universe is definitely infinite before I could buy into it, and then I have a different problem. Since I'm a Christian, there would be another reality in which I am not a Christian since I made a conscious decision to be one. So do I go to heaven in one reality and I go to hell in another one? Neh, can't go there.

I_R

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have thought about this before. Particularly as it applies to precognitive dreams, the dreams that come true.

From this physical perspective, and what we believe the nature of reality is from the linear chronological flow of reality to our perception. The thought that a complex pattern of reality as conveyed in a dream with all the people/places and things in the exact arrangement would at one point come true in this reality.

A materialist would go insane believing that all the seemingly random events and choices we are making somehow pre-destined as exampled by a precognitive dream.

Here's my theory, and it's based on the electromagnetic spectrum and goes a little something like this.

We know the nature of reality is a frequency based wave and the visual spectrum resides on the electromagnetic spectrum as part of our range for perception of data coming from this electromagnetic field.

Is it possible that our thoughts, our dreams at a much higher frequency is creating a virtual reality pattern within the gamma range for example only, in the electromagnetic spectrum.

And as time passes, this wave pattern of thought shifts in frequency and slows to the point that it becomes in sync with the visual spectrum and we realize it, we see it. It becomes actualized.

From a holographic electromagnetic reality, it seems that there is some process and time required before a dream becomes realized as being true.

Just some thoughts based on my experiences and observations with precognitive dreaming.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
That sort of plays into what some have said about ghosts and paranormal. The theory, and mine also, is that the deceased, especially those who die in horrific or dramatic ways, leave an electromagnetic imprint on the world, so to speak. It makes sense to me that when our spirits leave the body a huge amount of electromagnetic energy would be given off. What I can't figure out is why the energy is left in a specific spot and isn't absorbed back into the magnetosphere or at least into another location. Maybe it is in most cases but not in all, like a fluke.

Sorry, got off-topic a bit.

I_R

top topics

join