It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy conclusion: We are alone!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by da_beast_666
Umm ok, only if you do the same. Offer me infallible proof in your next post that Aliens have and do exist.

I don't have to offer proof of anything because I have made no outlandish statements.

I've never said I 100% believe in aliens. I've only said it can't be proven they don't exist. Because they can't. You can't prove Aliens don't exist until you have charted every inch of the universe and found nothing.

Plus it is not my opinion, it is fact

There you go again, troll. It isn't fact because you won't and can't offer any proof to back it up. It isn't even a theory. It is an idea... a belief.

you don't want to believe and would rather believe in fantasies then that it your perogative

This isn't about me. I never mentioned my beliefs. At least what I believe is based on the evidence I can see. Yours is based on nothing but opinion.

I'm not going to post again because it has become obvious to me you aren't interested in debate. You are only here to work some cointelpro. Stir the pot; spread lies ; make posters like myself bite on your comments and lose their cool.

So good luck with that. Keep it up and you won't last long.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Oh yes one more thing, just occurred to me. How would I go about proving something doesn't exist
. I could tell you to go outside and call the aliens to land thier spaceships and if nothing happens that would be considered proof that something does not exist. How about take a very clear photograph/video, ones that cannot be mistaken for anything else but an alien craft and if you cannot than again there is your proof. Grab some alien DNA and if you cannot then there is your proof. So many ways to prove that something does not exist it would get tiresome

Ask an abductee or contactee to take a picture of thier captors/visitors and if they cannot then there is your proof again. I could go on and on but I am bored.

So I await that proof that is going to change the world that you believersw will offer up to go head to head with the statements of the OP
. I am not talking about stories because anyone can tell a story or pictures of balls of light/blurry pictures because lets be honest..they could be anything. I can offer you proof that the governments do do experiments on its people and I could also offer you proof that they have been manipulating it's people. en.wikipedia.org...

"the Pentagon briefed a cadre of retired military men who served as 'expert commentators' in the media"
www.alternet.org...

Which is done all the time. The evidence of what i am saying is all around you, yet you refuse to see it.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by da_beast_666
reply to post by fooffstarr

All I can do is wait for the governments to come forward with the truth, so I can yell, see I told you
. I doubt that will ever happen because of the nature of what they are doing and the fallout that would come from the outrage of the people. Then again, I don't condemn them because I agree with the methods that they use to better mankind. The cost of life is not that important when you consider the big picture.

You agree with government's methods of "bettering mankind"?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by iTruth

yes I do. There is no doubt in my mind that what is done is for the best. If they take a life, they save thousands if not millions.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdm2104
I can understand the points you make, however....

"absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

Yeah tell that to a Judge in Court and see how "cool" he thinks a statement like that is. Absence of evidence means,,

YOU GOT JOHNSON!

No Case

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

^^ UFOs caught by Mexican Airforce, covered by CNN

www.youtube.com...

^^ Clifford Stone (US ARMY Ret.) on 57 known species of ETs

(edit to add link)

[edit on 19-4-2009 by iTruth]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by Celestial Encounters

I agree and hezekiah's comment was interesting and makes sense too.

Here's a question though. Maybe there are other Earth's out there. Others just like ours. What if Aliens are just failed human beings? I've always felt being human and humanity is a test. Ever since the dawn of man we have been tested, i.e. like the Bible says. God or whatever/whoever has been creating human beings for a long time seeing if we will learn to love or learn to hate. This aspect of life makes me believe in reincarnation to some extent. Or maybe were are all "god" ourselves but keep killing ourselves by polluting our spirituality, our physical world etc. We never seem to "get it" right. So in the end we will eventually be aliens, sickly looking, feeble, toxi things traveling the universe in our advanced technology, miserable, kicking ourselves for not "getting it" right when we had the chance.

I really enjoyed this post. I think much along the same lines. I also think that technology, as we advance, takes us farther and farther away from our true spiritual nature. I mean, why appreciate the beauty of nature, when you can turn on your ipod and jam out all day, completely ignoring your surroundings? You're right...we don't get it, and it always seems to lead to self-destruction in the end. The Native Americans, The Mayans, Aztecs and many other older civilizations ALL studied and appreciated the spiritual realm, and they seemed to know things they shouldn't have known. We seem disingenuous to it and almost mock it. It's sad really, and I hope we haven't doomed ourselves to ignorance as we seem to digress each generation. Love is what it's all about.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Graphix10]

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Graphix10]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

Thanks for sharing.

One more time, though might take one a little longer to grasp.

The word welcome at the End of the broadcast was spelt incorrectly or was it not?

Play it again Sam.

Welcolme? hmm. Makes one 'wonder'.

The Messenger?

A 'catalyst' of the future is as an 'enzyme' unto a being.

I prefer 'fresh' fruit.

'Good' day.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Somebody posted this earlier, but I think some of the posters on this forum need to be reminded:

"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence"

However as there is certainly no absence of evidence when it comes to the ET phenomenon, this should be revised to:

"The absence of proof is not the proof of absence"

What proof really means when "skeptics" here demand it is either total government disclosure seeing an ET or UFO for themselves.

It's basically a dependency mentality. To know your world only through circumstances and not though any other means such as reason. Most of who believe in ET reason it from evidence and require no proof. I will say however the dependency mentality is self-destructive. If we relied on the dependency mentality we would not have progressed in science at all, because science begins from reason. We would not have accepted the Earth is not flat till we actually got out into space and I saw it with our eyes. The catch 22 here is to get out into space in the first place we needed to know the Earth was not flat.

The same catch 22 fallacy repeats itself with many skeptics here. They want proof that ET exists, but how are they ever going to get proof without investigating evidence.

People here need to be very skeptical of anyone that demands proof as the only way they will believe or even consider something, because that person will invariably turn out to be inconsistent, as they will have already accepted many things without any proof.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I'm still baffled at how some folks can have this mindset. We are alone? Oh brother. The universe is so immense... there are endless billions of billions of galaxies, much larger than our own, and much older out there. You seriously suggest that NONE of them harbor intelligent life more advanced than our own? Unbelievable. Consider how much we've advanced in a mere 200 years. Consider some galaxies have had billions of years more time to advance.

Are they visiting US? Who knows. There is plenty of unknown, unidentified stuff over the years, so they could be. But people need to consider that while as a planet, we are amazing in our own minds. To other intelligent races, we may be nothing but a statistic, hardly worthy of recognition. Planets with intelligent life could be as common as sand. We are still infants in the grand scheme of thing.

Oh.. and OP.. you do NOT know there no intelligent life out there greater and more advanced than our own. What a ludicrous and pompous statement. You can't know, unless you are also going to claim you are God, and ergo, all knowing.

Well said and to the point. It kinda makes me laugh we people start out with "I know for a fact..." You know for a fact? We've only been to our own moon a handful of times, and we have people saying they know for a fact that there's no intelligent life in the universe?! What?! I'm not sure we even know that much about the moon...for a fact. Gimme a break. History books can't even be sure anything is a fact, because it was so damn long ago.

I had a dream last night but I certainly can't prove that as a fact. You'll have to take my word on it.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by prestonberryworth
I'm with you for the most part OP. I don't believe in intellegent alien life visiting planet earth, because there is no evidence for it, and I have not experienced it myself. There are plenty of witnesses, but there are even more witnesses who say god talks to them, or through them, yada yada.

I wouldn't go as far as to they intellegent life doesn't exsist somewhere. Our universe is vast, and we don't really even know how vast. I'm sure the human race will eventually find other intellegence.

So you're willing to believe that intelligent life COULD exist somewhere...but you don't think they would visit earth? I'm not sure I get the disconnect.

If I'm an advanced alien civilization, and I'm traveling around - scoping out galaxies - I think the FIRST place I would stop would be the place that had life forms on it! Don't you? If WE could travel galaxies, I'm quite certain it would draw our attention. Why would they be any different?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOexisist

* If they existed then NASA would have found it. But still they didnt find it.
* If you saying the impossible, that Nasa is not telling the truth, then what about other space agencies around the world. European Space Agencies, Russian, Chinese, Indian and other. It is impossible that they are also not telling the truth.

Have you SEEN any of the photographs taken by NASA that have blatantly been modified in a something like Photoshop?

They're very tiny differences, bit if you edit the contrast, etc. you can see they've been edited.

I haven't got the link, but try searching something like 'Edited NASA Photos'.

Either way, I don't think you can completely disregard the possibility of ET's existence.

Besides.. If they didn't exist, that'd be an awfully big waste of space. No pun intended.

Deny ignorance? You're the one that needs to take a close look at yourself, else you'll be the one that starts getting denied.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by iTruth
www.youtube.com...

^^ UFOs caught by Mexican Airforce, covered by CNN

www.youtube.com...

That is true UFO exist that is proven

^^ Clifford Stone (US ARMY Ret.) on 57 known species of ETs

(edit to add link)

[edit on 19-4-2009 by iTruth]

However this is not proven. If he took an sample or a DNA or took the ET on the conference then I would have believed but then it was also on TV. But he didn't. e is just making claims without proving it.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
They have been with us from the beginning of time. I think that's why they appear as whatever the collective can understand as the ultimate unknown.

They are not what they seem...they seem what they are not.

They will do as they please.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOexisist

I just have one question.

Why is it that you believe in the video about how ufos are real but there man made, yet you dont believe the countless amounts of eevidence and video that describe otherwise? Isnt that being bias? Just a thought.

Peace!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Graphix10

The only problem i see wit that is, how would you be able to find that planet. With the endless amounts of galaxies and stars on top of that, how would you be able to locate a planet that is capable of life? could be like finding a needle in a haysatck. except in a ginormous scale.

peace!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOexisist

You make many good points, and I agree most of these people are frauds. However as skeptical as I am, we cannot say for certain that there are no advanced lifeforms out there because we have no proof either way, it is simply 50-50 at the moment. Is life a natural consequence of solar system formation? Until we can get out amoungst the stars we shall never be sure!

I would agree that I have yet to see any evidence which would force me to conclude ETs are visiting the Earth at this time.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdm2104
I can understand the points you make, however....

"absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

Agree 110% m8! and consider the fact that there are TONS of evidence both hidden and open. We just have to continue searching and to be a pain in the A// for whom ever is covering it all up.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by da_beast_666

Oh yes one more thing, just occurred to me. How would I go about proving something doesn't exist?

You have unwittingly identified the exact reason why the OP is wrong and why you should not have supported it.

Indeed, you cannot prove that ETs more advanced than us do not exist. Yet this is exactly what was claimed - as an absolute "truth" - in the OP.

Making claims of fact which cannot be proven - as you admit it cannot - or supporting such claims, is illegitimate. So why are you supporting it?

Don't make or support claims of fact you can't prove. Believers are told this every day, so it's only fair that those who tell them this are held to the same standards they insist on applying to others.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
We can't say we're alone. We're only now starting to make things to detect life on other planets. Barely even that really, more just to check for potential habitability. Whether they're here or not, saying that we are alone is a very premature conclusion. It overstates our abilities and underestimates the universe. There's no magic stuff here. Anything that happened here could happen somewhere else.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by GrayFox]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join