It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy conclusion: We are alone!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
To the author of the thread. There's alot of evidence that we are not alone in the universe. How would you explain abductions, cattle mutilations, alien object implants and sightings such as the 1942 "Battle of LA", Roswell, Aztec, Phoenix and Stephenville just to name a few?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdm2104
I can understand the points you make, however....

"absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

AMEN!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Coward

To the creator of this thread... lol! This is what ATS will do to most believers; turn them into hard core skeptics. I bet you wrote what you wrote to see if someone changes your mindset back to believing?
Yes your right you got me
This was the reason of this Thread. But because those endless games that are being played I have become skeptic untill it is proven otherwise

I am sure you are just tired of the endless debunking of useless footage brought up here on ATS.
I agree mostly with your post
Gave you Star

[edit on 23-4-2009 by UFOexisist]

[edit on 23-4-2009 by UFOexisist]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkElvis
To the author of the thread. There's alot of evidence that we are not alone in the universe. How would you explain abductions, cattle mutilations, alien object implants and sightings such as the 1942 "Battle of LA", Roswell, Aztec, Phoenix and Stephenville just to name a few?

You're confusing evidence with proof. Just for the sake of argument, can you say for absolute sure that all these things can't be the work of human time travelers or researchers from our own future, maybe using organic robots to do some of the dirty work?

Because if that's as reasonable an "explanation" for your evidence as aliens (and I think it is), then nothing has been explained, has it? No dots have been connected. We've not cleanly, clearly made it from Point "A" to Point "B."

At that point, all we could say is that it's either aliens, or time travelers. Or maybe it's something else we haven't thought of. Basically, "we don't know." And "we don't know" is the winner there.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Nohup]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solar.Absolution

Originally posted by jdm2104
I can understand the points you make, however....

"absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

AMEN!

True. But absence of evidence isn't evidence of anything. Right?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

There is an abundance of evidence. It's just that for some the evidence does not yet constitute proof.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
unless we were planted here by some intelligent species some time ago or some automated explorer spacecraft visited in the past 10K years there's a very slim chance anyone farther apart from us than 120 light years (our first radio waves) to know we're even here.

i think many of you understand how big our solar system is... how big our star "neighborhood" is. how huge our galaxy is. and i wont even go to local group or galaxy clusters. we are so small and so far away on the outer side of the galaxy that it's very unlikely we'll ever be visited by alien beings. we're not important. in fact on a galactic scale we're completely insignificant. we may have a devastating nuclear war in a few years and it will thousands of years or more until some evolved civilization will have the ability to receive our radio transmissions (assuming they are listening when it passes by them).

on the other hand the "grey" or green beings from outer space flying super ships is a great cover for the military's high-tech experimental technology. hidden in plain sight!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

I disagree it's unlikely. And I don't think our radio signals are necessarily relevant at all. ETs don't have to be drawn here by our signals nor does their finding earth have to be a some kind of 'against the odds' accident. If, for instance, some ETs come from a planet similar to earth, then their arrival here could simply be due to their efforts to specifically find and investigate planets that are similar to their own. It's certainly possible that, just as we are particularly interested in finding earth-like planets, ETs look for planets that are like their own home planet, especially so if they actually have the capacity to visit them.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The following was posted earlier in the thread... IMO if "an advanced race" were able to travel to the earth, their techolgy is far superior to anything we have. therefor they are either able to make themselves "unseen" ...

My question is, why do so many give alien human characteristics or base things on human knowledge? I'll give you the "advanced technology", but isn't it a great leap to assume they ever had "radar" on their planet, that they designed a ship to avoid radar? If they never had radar, they'd have no reason to consider that we did?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cdesignmaster

I don't think it's necessarily about radar but what radar is sensitive to. Some ETs may have learned to eliminate the signs of their presence. This doesn't mean that their tech is specifically designed to beat radar, just possibly to leave no sign, and thus radar and maybe countless other detection systems are perhaps all automatically defeated because there are no signals to detect.

Then again, perhaps it's simply a natural effect of the tech they use that it can't always be detected by radar, rather than an intentional stealth tech.

Then again...again...if they have been visiting earth for a long time they may have developed tech specifically as a response to beat Earth's detection systems, such as radar, despite, as you says, their perhaps never having originally developed radar within their own society.

There is so much we don't know.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram
reply to post by cdesignmaster

I don't think it's necessarily about radar but what radar is sensitive to. Some ETs may have learned to eliminate the signs of their presence. This doesn't mean that their tech is specifically designed to beat radar, just possibly to leave no sign, and thus radar and maybe countless other detection systems are perhaps all automatically defeated because there are no signals to detect.

yeah right the aliens have the magic "EASY" button. you just press it and all earth technologies are defeated

no matter how advanced a race is, as long as they use physical means of moving around and they have physical bodies they will have the usual trouble of staying hidden.

the point is it just does not make any sense for them to be hidden for such a long time yet most movies and tv shows that deal with this subject present aliens doing things with the planet and its inhabitants. that's just bogus! i can accept that some advanced civilizations may have existed here on earth or have visited during biblical times. but this alien thing today is nothing more than mass hysteria and the movie industry exploiting the trend. and of course the government relying on it to make sure the pictures of high-tech aircraft are kept as alien ships. while the 30 year old "kids" still living in their parent's basements and watching star trek or other things like that instead of getting a life have the impression they are special. it's a win win situation for everybody.

BTW the new star trek movie is coming out soon i cant wait for it

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Do you have any evidence or proof to support your hypothesis that the UFO phenomenon is not of ET origins and that its just a ploy? What evidence do you have of a "Mass Hysteria", because I beleive in ET life and I am far from Hysterical. You should probably choose your words a little more wisely and use the phrase "in my opinion" if you don't have any evidence to back up your excuse to throw out the whole thing.

The point is life looks for life. I'm sure on some distant planet somewhere at one point in time an ET species wondered if they where alone in the universe. This is the perfect reason to start exploring it. How do you know there isn't a galactic/universal governmental system? They might have the entire galaxy charted on some quantum computer some where, and we being a fairly new intelligent race are watched and studied. Actually there are an infinite number of scenarios that could be playing out right now. Sure you might be right, I understand that. You still have to allow for the possibility that you are very wrong. Allow the possibility.....

[edit on 24-4-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret

no matter how advanced a race is, as long as they use physical means of moving around and they have physical bodies they will have the usual trouble of staying hidden.

No, that's an assumption. You are limiting ETs to our technology and our understanding of physics as if you even fully understand what "physical" means and what it's limits are. You don't. What if their tech employes very advanced quantum-physics? You have no idea if such technology would present the same "trouble of staying hidden".

Your argument is based on a lack of insight.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Do you have any evidence or proof to support your hypothesis that the UFO phenomenon is not of ET origins and that its just a ploy? What evidence do you have of a "Mass Hysteria", because I beleive in ET life and I am far from Hysterical. You should probably choose your words a little more wisely and use the phrase "in my opinion" if you don't have any evidence to back up your excuse to throw out the whole thing.

right now the best explanation (published in peer reviewed studies) we have is mass hysteria, sleep disorders which cause the person being slightly awake but still sleep-paralyzed, epilepsy, hallucinations and other such brain related explanations. even though there are recorded "sightings" of lights in the sky many of them can be debunked while others lack enough data but still wont point to ET unless you want it to point there. yet i dont know of any tapes showing the actual ET beings moving around or smth. people who claim they are being abducted regularly should shell out $200 for a surveillance system but obviously they dont want their pipe dreams to be debunked by a tape showing them sleeping in their beds during this whole thing right?

do you have any peer reviewed evidence of the existence of ET here on earth?

as a side note i'd like to add the disclaimer that everything i publish is "in my opinion" and i do not represent any company, organization or government.
hope that clarifies your question.

The point is life looks for life. I'm sure on some distant planet somewhere at one point in time an ET species wondered if they where alone in the universe. This is the perfect reason to start exploring it. How do you know there isn't a galactic/universal governmental system? They might have the entire galaxy charted on some quantum computer some where, and we being a fairly new intelligent race are watched and studied. Actually there are an infinite number of scenarios that could be playing out right now. Sure you might be right, I understand that. You still have to allow for the possibility that you are very wrong. Allow the possibility.....

knowing how big the universe is, i have no doubt it is full of life, some of it intelligent. that does not mean there is a federation of planets or whatever you want to call it. watched and studied we may be but it's very unlikely.

as a last point i'd like to add that i would bet all my earthly possessions that, just as generations before us, nothing out of the ordinary will happen in our lifetimes and no non-earth based intelligent beings will ever reveal themselves to us in an official way through let's say a mass landing in all capitals of the world or a transmission on some of our commonly used TV/radio frequencies.

"they" are not here and those who claim to have seen the little green/gray/etc people should constantly carry an active mobile recording device with them (just like sky divers) and after reviewing the abduction tapes (which will obviously show nothing out of the ordinary) should promptly seek medical advice.

believing in ET life somewhere out there is healthy and logical. believing they are here performing experiments is not.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
All the evidence and witness statments (officials / astranaughts etc) are out there and have been for a long time. its up to you! if you beleive 1000s of different evidences which 90% all match in some way to what the next average joe has said then you should all ready beleive. If 1000s upon 1000s of peoples witness statments and 100s of solid evidences (implants, crop circles etc) are all faked in your eyes and you dont beleive then well your seriously naive! but hey if you dont beleive the truth its up to you!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOexisist

remember, we are also the ones "exist" out in the solar system which we are just another group of living beings on some planet called Earth. there's infinite amount of galaxies, planets, suns, etc. and we haven't even discovored more than 1% of space, even though we haven't even discovered more than 1% of the world's deep inside the oceans! where do life come from before they were on Earth? microbes and even water trapped inside the meteorites and asteroids crashing into the Earth for millions or billions of years supplementing the Earth with life. where do you think the meteorites and asteroids come from? they are fragments from an ancient planet before earth which was exploded to pieces by sun or star possibly a supernova. it would not makes sense if we are the only living beings on only one planet out of infinte amount of galaxies, solar systems, planets, etc. there has to be another unknown intelligent civilization that could look almost like us or a totally different unknown species like the Greys for example. you may be right about some ufos are classified military aircraft but not 100% of all UFOs are. we discovered drawings of UFOs and "space men" in suit made by cavemen, ancient native tribes such as indians. there are also some very early documents of UFO events recorded like Christopher Colombus out in ocean when they seen a bright lighted object going in and out out of the water and also hovering around the boat, there are events recorded early before Jesus was born! In these early recorded events, it is unlikely that they are classified military aircrafts and very likely to be alien or something that is not from this world.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by roboboy]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOexisist

This is a question that has always bothered me.

NASA is still using a rusty old space shuttle with no replacement in sight that we know about anyway. Yet we have sightings from airline pilots of flying craft in our atmosphere that are two miles across. That flies without noise etc,.

We are being told that these are secret military projects. If they are they are only secret from us the population. Do you really think that if the US had that the Russians wouldn’t know about it?? Or indeed visa versa??

So as someone said earlier if they are man made what are they for?? If we as humans have this technology what are we doing with it??

It seams to me that if the US had that sort of technology they would be bragging about it, well they brag about everything else. When a new nuclear power comes into existence they don’t keep it quite they brag about it saying don’t mess with us.

So you are left with one alternative of the rusty old space shuttle??

Or spacecraft out of Startreck, what you are saying here is the two exist man made side by side.

Not unless there is a big deep dark secret that is behind it world wide.

One of my theories is that there is.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOexisist

Originally posted by king9072
I think to say that no governments have made any claims is a bit off base. Canadian officials have come out, on the forum right now the brazilian government released its once, classified ufo files, britain has done some of the same.

I dunno, if you look at every single piece of information as outright fraud then sure it's easy to say it doesn't exist.

But official explanations for a lot of evidence just doesn't add up, and the situation never really gets a solid ending. So I think it's really in the eye of the beholder - like most things.
Did they came out and say ET exist? If so they should have an evidence becuase they know that we won't believe it without evidence. And an other point is that they might be Government agents to dis inform the people.

There is also an other point to add and that is that they just released the UFO files saying look at that plane or sighting. That could be verified by radar etc. But not look at the ET that couldn't be verified.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by UFOexisist]

I suggest that you take a second look at the declassified documents, if that is what you think it does not sound like you have really spent any time reading them. My suggestion would be to start with the Canadian releases because those are very easy to search and read if you have little patience.

-rrr

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

NASA is still using a rusty old space shuttle with no replacement in sight that we know about anyway. Yet we have sightings from airline pilots of flying craft in our atmosphere that are two miles across. That flies without noise etc,.

If these airline pilots are seeing "flying craft" two miles across then they aren't seeing NASA.

Also, the shuttle is not "rusty." They are titanium and aluminum. It's just been the most stable and cost effective vehicle at this point in time for our needs right now at this time. That is why it is used.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Whenever the topic of UFO’s comes up in conversation that is invariably the first question out of a persons mouth, and I think wrongfully so. As to whether or not you or I believe that UFO’s are real is of little importance. The real question to be asked is...... Does the Government believe them to be real? And by the government I mean the real powers, the CIA, NSA and all the other Black Agencies.

Presidents come and go but these agencies are about as permanent as stone. Even if the government were to topple these agencies would simply morph under another name yet retain the same function, namely National Security, and the key word under that title is Survival! If you take away the obvious merchant factor and war booty of any war you are left with one thing and one thing only, Survival.

Think about it for a moment. If you had something that would give you an overwhelming advantage over every other person and country on Earth would you reveal it? I think not! I don’t think that any sane person or government would. Survival is what’s at stake. It is the one motivational factor that has governed every empire, dynasty, dictatorship and every other form of government there has or will be.

It amuses me that everyone feel's they are truly getting the “Scoop” when they flash papers in front of others proclaiming that they got them under the Freedom of Information Act. National Security means Survival, and just like you or I would fight to the death for our own survival I guarantee you the government and its core, the Black Agencies will do that job to the tenth power! Anybody who really THINKS that any real secrets are being divulged under that act is in a self-delusional state of mind.

Whether you or I believe in UFO’s is of little importance. The real question is do the, Black Agencies, the real core of government believe in them. Don’t bother asking them either since obviously they are not speaking on the subject. I find it interesting to note that all those shows and supposed documentaries on the subject never come to any real conclusion. So much for the Freedom of Information Act that so many of them hinge their accounts on. As to what the Black Agencies know that is something we will most certainly never know regardless of what act’s congress passes. That’s right, I don’t believe in that crap that we have seen in “Above The Law” or “Clear and Present Danger” where the congressional committee has the last say! That’s in the movies only. In real life the Black Agencies Keep their secrets!!!

I think a questions that are better suited to this phenomenon is this: Does Life exist in the rest of the universe? Does intelligent life exist in the rest of the universe?

Don't ever expect that one very weak video on google will convince everyone that UFO's do not exsist.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join