It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy conclusion: We are alone!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
-If we were being visited by an Extraterrestrial Intelligence and we can never get hard proof and they don't bother us, who cares...

-If they did and made themselves highly visible and they have not made contact. Who cares, lets cross that bridge if we ever get to it...

-Right now I've never seen anything remotely curious. Except a few Meteors...

-Other than that, nothing spectacular...

-YAWN...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
That "we are alone" phrase is in it self the same thing as "the Earth is the center of the Universe" or, "the Earth is flat".
It is man´s arrogance and complex of superiority thinking that we are SOOO special.
Even when we are unable to prove the existance of other life forms out there somewhere, simple logic tells us that the Universe is probably filled with life forms of many types, and that there must be other intelligent life forms less advanced and more advanced than us.
As they say in the movie "Contact"... If we humans are all there is, then WHAT A TERRIBLE WASTE OF SPACE...and planets and stars and everything...Don´t you agree??

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Did the OP mean in the entire universe or the just here on earth? If he meant the universe than that is rather close minded of him, but if he meant here than yes that is true. The sheeple of the UFO community would have you believe otherwise though.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Armour For Victor
reply to post by UFOexisist

I just have one question.

Why is it that you believe in the video about how ufos are real but there man made, yet you dont believe the countless amounts of eevidence and video that describe otherwise? Isnt that being bias? Just a thought.

Peace!
I believe it because it makes sense and there are countless people hoe say that they have seen them. Add to that that the mexican airforce filmed it and said they don't know what it is.
So that means there are UFO's. However I didn't see evidence of ET's that are walking on earth or some kind of evidence on that part of the story.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Armour For Victor
reply to post by Graphix10

The only problem i see wit that is, how would you be able to find that planet. With the endless amounts of galaxies and stars on top of that, how would you be able to locate a planet that is capable of life? could be like finding a needle in a haysatck. except in a ginormous scale.

peace!

Why knows? We're talking about a highly advanced civilization. You're thinking in terms of OUR technology. How could we possibly comprehend what type of technology they might have? They could be a billion years more advanced.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by da_beast_666
reply to post by iTruth

yes I do. There is no doubt in my mind that what is done is for the best. If they take a life, they save thousands if not millions.

We are alone and what is done by gorvernments (rulers, kings etc) is done for the best? Even when they take a life?

Have to say I'm very sorry for every life been taken by whoever who.
Every life IS precious, godly in itself. Even lives of animals, plants etc that live on planet Earth (Mother Gaia).

Where will it lead to if humanity keeps on believing in power and powers outside themselves?

PEACE be with you! I better go reprogamming my Pineal Gland to discover some Universes in there.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I must say that I agree with you,we(humankind) are nothing more than a cosmic"accident"and the truth behind UFO sitings do indeed have a strictly eathly origin,I'm sure one will come down one day other than within a US Military base,and will have Lockheed Martin,British Aerospace,Sukhoi etc plastered all over it!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You are alone, my friend, quite alone, among the very few who really believe that we are alone...

Quite alone...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Joseph Goebbels claimed Germany was winning the war and on the verge of victory, even when the Soviets were storming the Reichs Chancellery.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOexisist

Im also a slight believer in this..

my conclusion is, if we weren't alone, they would have made them selves known to us by now. They wouldnt need permission of the government or be afraid of the military. They would just show up and do what they need to do to make themselves known.

However, maybe they know how volatile us humans are.. oh scary spaceman coming to visit us, lets nuke em like in the movies.. Do you think a nice spaceman wants even an ounce of bother?

Do us humans want that hassle when we finally visit other galaxies? no, so why would any intelligent alien even consider Earth. We are just too stupid for them to even care probably. I wouldn't want to visit people like us, thats for sure.

Now if they have visited, who do you think they will visit? Well there are tribes and other civilisations on this planet that are alot more interesting than any built up western world.. Look at the Mayans, for example. They probably already got visited and taken away to a far far better place and let us locusts eat away at our beautiful decaying planet (which is our fault).

For now, for a long long time, we are alone. And its our own fault.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
From a practical standpoint some of UFOexisist are fine at face value. The problem is that a few of those points (however practical or rationalized) sound absolute. They go against the idea that there is any life out in space. whether intelligent or otherwise.

The first point of contention from a believer is very simple - not all can be man made. For many, if it can't be explained - it is of Alien origin. It's that simple. That is their incontrovertible proof. No amount of spirited debate or reasoning will change this.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Of course they don't want us to know that they are there...
as long as they can manipulate us...
and that is what they are doing...

Disbelievers are easier to manipulate!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Graphix10

True, and while were talking about being advance on a scale that big , then why search for a planet when you can just find a sutable planet and provide it with whatever materiels or compunds it needs for the planet to sustain life. Or better yet why not create one. Its easy to assume that once you give this "extraterristerial life a life span of over a billion years, then the limits of their technology are well, limitless. One cant say that such life forms are evolved enough for said technology to locate a planet but then give it a limit until it reaches desirable limits.

Peace!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I hate to say it like this, but you are incredibly naive. If you really think that the government can't keep a secret, and there is no substantial evidence of intelligent life beyond the confines of this planet, then your research is very, very premature.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Anything unusual and unexplained happen lately?
No.
Was Walton taken up in a saucer?
Yes.
His companions ran off and Walton was taken to a hospital.
No way to fake the long recuperation period.
A bona fide saucer trip.
There were witnesses and a traveler.

Too bad he had to tell a story cooperate with the Illuminati
but he hardly knew what went on being sedated at times
and seeing disguised base workers.

His story of course being buttressed by Illuminati led media
by National Security since 1945.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You know what is interesting from a neutral observing point of view (I say neutral because although I believe that life has developed elsewhere in the galaxy- although I do not believe it has visited us yet) is how strongly you true believers seem to feel threatened by a person who in this case, beleives there is no life out there.

Like you he has come to his belief by interpeting the facts as he sees them, and here you are treating him as some of my very skeptical colleagues would no doubt treat your own beliefs! Do you really feel that threatened?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What a strange situation we find ourselves in today,
almost like role reversals.fifteen to twenty years ago
a mere mention of extraterrestial life would have
brought a titter from the scientific world who only deal in facts.
Now nearly all scientists agree that there
has to be life out there somewhere,because
they are getting more and more facts almost daily.
So,if you hear a scientist say,sure there are other civilisations
but they can't be here visiting earth
that is simply his theory,based on what he knows
and nothing else.
Now this OP wants an alien to sit down with him and share
a ham sandwich,and if they don't,they don't exist.
Remember Bernard Lovell at Jodrell Bank saying "There will be nobody on the moon in my lifetime"he was wrong and he is still living and so is Jodrell Bank,which he reckoned would good for ten years!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by timelike

That anyone feels threatened is an assumption.

The OP is being rejected because it is an absolute statement which is pure speculation presented as fact. There is no evidence for his claim.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I respect the OP's opinion, but I know he's wrong. I have witnessed a UFO and it was NOT man made. As much as I wrestled with what I saw for years, I came to the conclusion that what I witnessed that night was not of this earth.

It wasn't a regular metallic UFO, this thing shifted shape at least three times and constantly changed colors while we watched it. If humans can create what I saw, then we are far more advanced than most of us know and that, my friends, is bigger than any UFO conspiracy !

I'm sorry, but lack of physical evidence means nothing to me, there is way too much witness testimony, video, reports and CREDIBLE accounts to just say that they are terrestrial. If witness testimony can put someone in jail for life, then it should also be good enough to AT LEAST open people's eyes regarding this subject.

I also say that we go to other planets, so why wouldn't an advanced race do the same? Look at what we accomplished in regards to travel and flight in just a hundred years, what do you think a race that is a million years ahead of us could do? They are visiting us, I know it, I've seen it.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by sniggitydiggity]

[edit on 20-4-2009 by sniggitydiggity]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sniggitydiggity

You highlight an interesting point.

That humans could create some of the mind boggling craft that are observed in our skies would indeed be a conspiracy as great as their hiding the fact of ET contact. And yet skeptics often invoke this idea - of black project craft - to account for craft which sometimes are so far beyond anything we have or can conceive of that to assign a human origin to them is far more absurd than assigning an ET origin to them. But they have no problem doing this and implying this conspiracy of near supernatural black project craft being kept secret from mankind. Yet, in response to the idea of ET contact being kept secret by Governments, they will suddeenly perform a complete U-turn and cry "Oh, right, it's all a big conspiracy, is it? Give me a break. Governments can't keep secrets. If they had made contact, we would know." etc.

They invoke the idea of conspiracies regarding unknown "black project craft" every bit as earth shattering as ET contact when it suits them, in order to explain away all UFOs, and feel no need to provide evidence for this.

And yet they dismiss the possibility of conspiracy when it relates to ET contact and UFOs. Suddenly it just couldn't be possible. Governments can't keep secrets, etc.

It's highly and blatantly inconsistent.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Malcram]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join