It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just trying my best to make sense of it all...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hi folks.

I'm a transplant from Texas that now lives in Kansas. Been here about a dozen years now. I live in a very small town that has been somewhat insulated from the biggest of the problems thus far.

Did my time in several institutions, including the military. Was trained as a helicopter mechanic (67U) for the Chinooks. Pursued, but never obtained my civilian A&P license...mind altering chemicals were much more fun for me then. That was a long time ago.

I'm a CISSP and CEH these days, doing my best to keep up with bills and taxes. I'm a long time pessimist about republics, so-called democracy, and any governmental bodies' ability to remain servants of the people.

For about thirty years now, I've had an incredible sense of dread about the state of the union and my ability to take care of my family and I in what seems like an ever-increasing quagmire of regulations and burdensome taxes.

I remain very skeptical about almost everything, but know enough to realize that there is way too much I don't know and couldn't even comprehend if I did.

I've been told that I can be rather obsessive about things and I struggle with that sometimes too.

My biggest concern right now is how to be prepared for what I feel is inevitable. I'm way behind the curve because I wanted so much to be 'normal' and not have people think of me as a loon. I've given up caring about what people think, or more accurately, I mix that with an almost draconian refusal to share my thoughts with anyone.

I had it figured out before that I was going to need about ten million bucks to prepare my family and friends for what's going to happen. Of course, it included water filtration systems, pre-fab concrete structures- connected and buried, titanium shielding, A custom-built tractor trailer for bugging out - equipped with the small intercept vehicle in the back, complete with lcd panels for skin to assist in optical camouflage. I figured we would be underground for quite some time.

I've spent most of my waking hours thinking about various systems involved in the protection from or evasion of some tyrannical power that never really had a face. As far as I'm concerned, that power has a face today. It looks just like me.

The advent of ground penetrating radar, bunker busters and other assorted facilitators of doom forced me to rethink my entire strategy. It would seem to me that as I am not a member of the elite, no amount of money could ever save my family from what I expect to happen. So the choice was made for me. Instead of getting bigger, I get smaller.

This is where you guys come in. I cull your posts every day absorbing what I think may be useful and disregard a lot of the bantering. I read your ballistics info and try to keep my finger on the pulse of what's really going on. Through you I've learned to be a lot more critical thinking. I learned that there is very little media I can trust to care about the best interests of my family. I learned that I'm not alone. As crazy as my friends think I am when I mention things, as alone as I feel when I wonder how these people can just go about their lives like nothing is ever going to change, I've learned that I have comrades.- brothers and sisters that are as concerned as I am, but some of them are doing something about it and I can too.

I ask for your forgiveness for such a long introduction and for your patience in advance of my ignorance and questions that may seem elementary to you.

I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be right now and am very grateful that you folks are here too.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well hi there buddy and welcome to glorious ATS!

We were all blind once, don't worry about it, you pick up so much here! Although it sounds like you may know some things people love to hear, like being around military installations etc.

We get called crazies alot, it's why we come here at the end of a long day to relax!

See you on the threads bud!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hey man, welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
"" As far as I'm concerned, that power has a face today. It looks just like me. ""

^^Nice quote!!! I like.! You're heading in the right direction brutha! Don't feel or think 4 a second that caring about what goes in the world is in any way unjustifed, or a burden 2 some1. In the end, it's the fact that YOU CARE that's important.

Keep preparing yourself. Keep thinking about your family like you have.
Continue 2 seek the truth.......and to be part of the movement.

There's plenty of wackjobs here,( like me
), who think about the same stuff, every day. We are all in this 2getha......trying to find the way 2 survive. A way for freedom.

Welcome aboard. I'm a newbie too, and found great minds and discussions here already. Hope u will 2.!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS my friend, You are going to fit right in. Be sure and check out the survival forum.

I look forward to seeing you around the board,

wupy

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Sounds like you are going to fit in very well.

These are certainly tough times for young families. My children are 33 and 40 with children of their own. They think they need to protect me now.

I admire you for your desire to do all you can to protect your family.

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thank you guys, and gals...and if there is a category I missed, my apologies.
I'm goig to keep my best poker face on and as fas as most people know, I'm just a sheeple like the rest of them.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I believe I have alot of Say in this discussion
I have grown up with the conspiracy theory all my life.
My father has tried to imbue me with the ability to think for oneself

For that I Love him......

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
you know It's real easy to blame the "left" or the "right" The truth Is somewhere in the middle.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Welcome to ATs you will get it...

Spike

top topics

join