It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could drive around the world, what car would you use?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Don't know why I thought about this, but I was curious to what type of vehicle you would use if it was possible to drive completely around the world?
I would think if all world's land mass was connected all by bridges (which would prolly never happen?)... alot of people would take advantage of this and complete the journey, would you?..................I "think" it's around 32,000 miles all the way around, you would probably have to change out your tires before you got back home!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
That’s an easy one, it would be my magenta kit car that I am restoring, its light so if stuck in mud or sand you just lift it out, its fast so easy to get by the terrorists or bandits or worse the cops lol .cheap on fuel as it’s the mini cooper s rebore to its max but still small enough to be cheap on fuel, and it will go any where on or off road.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Same car I drive now: Toyota Hilux diesel.

Parts available everywhere - if you need them. They're notoriously hard to kill.

It is actually possible to drive around the world. East Asia poses the greatest difficulty - but the biggest problems are bureaucratic, getting local license clearance and so forth.

I'm fairly certain it's possible to drive from the arctic ocean to the end of Argentina... that's a drive I'd love to do.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Lambo!!!!!!!
If im going to drive round the world, might as well do it in style!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I rather go by train around the world thank you very much. LOL.

But since tracks don't go everywhere and cars do limit your movement, I rather go by motorcycle like a BMW or something is able to go off road.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Oh I would so go in a 67 Shelby GT500 Mustang! Eleanor and I would have a great trip together and we would get lots of looks
It would make for fun times!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The Mercedes Gaurdian. Can resist an attack from a small military issued missle. And it is air tight to protect from gas bombs. I would feel safe driving it.

Or the Lamborgini Reventon. I just love that car.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Chevy 57 convertable.
Oh yeah!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If I was going to try to drive around the world, I definitely wouldn't want to try it in a street vehicle.

I'm not sure which one I'd choose, but I think a Land Rover would be a good choice.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Herbie the Love Bug or KITT... preferably Herbie, something about Kitt was a little creepy... kind of fem... I dunno, I trust Herbie a bit more, he always liked his drivers to fall in Love... Kitt was unnaturally attracted to Michael (THE HASS)

(He did keep the Hass from DUI's for years so... maybe)

The Car though needs to drive itself sometimes ... it's a long drive.

new topics

top topics

join