It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MI5 Spray-on Tracking Device?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The BBC have a story today regarding the search for a new 'chief scientific advisor' at MI5.

BBC

On BBC Scotland's Newsdrive program today, while reporting this story, they interviewed Dr Anthony Glees, 'Security and Intelligence expert' from Buckingham University.

At the end of this fairly lighthearted interview he spoke of rumours about an 'odourless spray' that can be sprayed on the shoes or clothing of an individual and 'allow them to be tracked a bit like satellite tracking device in a car'

I can't find any information about this anywhere.
Has anyone heard anything about this?

here is the link to the program.

BBC Scotland Newsdrive

the full interview starts at 1hr 18mins 43sec.

the quotes in question are at the end of the interview 1hr 21mins 21secs.

it is only online for 7 days and I think it is available only in the UK so if somebody can capture it some other way that would be useful.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by ivycutler]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The US is working on a odour to spray on all money that would allow specially trained dogs to sniff out large amounts of money going across the border to the drug cartels.

This is a new program that is being done in conjunction with the US navy.

The navy has been working on this for a couple years to track military equipment thefts.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED[/url]

Although only a rumour, the man in the interview said that this was an 'odourless spray' that could be tracked like a satellite device in a car.

I am far from understanding whether this is even possible but it's implications could be frightening.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's likely nanobots being sprayed on you and while they would stick to your clothes or you, they would also emit signals that can be picked up.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Firstly, spraying something onto clothes is not very efficient, if you would like to keep track of someone on foot by satellite the obvious place to spray something is on the head hair.
I remember that years ago already there was a discussion about the use of light radioactive isotopes being sprayed on the backhead of then russian dissidents by the then KGB in order to locate and follow their movements.
When people started losing hair and showing other symptoms of radioactive contamination they dropped this method.
It IS possible that meanwhile the radioactive isotopes were replaced by something else, but you always have to use something that emits a signal in order to be picked up by a satellite or plane.
RFID chips do not emit ( they have no power source) and would only be useful if you'd have stations on every corner to register the entry of the chip in the magnetic field of the station.
Nowadays the reach of stations is around 10 meters. If it would be possible to even increase the reach to, let's say 1 kilometer then the only info you'd get out of it would be that the target is within this range, but not where in the range. So you'd need overlapping stations in order to triangulate. This would be very costly, not very precise.
Far cheaper to use the existing setup and triangulate over the cellular phone, since almost everyone has one.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ivycutler

Thanks for sharing the truth. The government has been trying to soft-kill people for years. We must not allow ourselves to be a part of their experiments.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is my post from another thread that I think has some good info relative to the topic.

A while back I read about this company that has developed smart dust, microscopic sized rfid tags that is like dust

When used in conjunction with cctv seems like a pretty effective marriage of tech

rfidwizards.com...

www.knowthelies.com...

Granted this isn't dust or sand grain size, but I just wanted to show there is satellite assisted rfid technology, and it wouldn't suprise me if the technology exists to read dust sized rfid tags from satellites or aircraft

www.rfidjournal.com...

I think there could be easily be sprayable rfid like stuff, smart dust etc specially when you consider the advances in nanotech etc.

Spray some smart dust on whatever you want to track, and use a network of ground and aerial sensors maybe even satellites to monitor

see this link again for the satellite part

www.rfidjournal.com...

[edit on 22-4-2009 by warpboost]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've heard a rumor from a secure source that implied the technology has existed for some time to track radioactive isotopes from the sky above. That the bands around the stacks of money have it inpregnated in them.
That specific isotopes can be tracked individually, and that this was used to "follow the money" during black operations. This kind of tracking was useful in finding all the links in the chain of any op.

This technology now has active countermeasures which are well known amoungst intelligences organizations.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
thanks for replies.

excuse my scientific ignorance, but when you say 'isotopes' does this imply that whatever is attached to the money/clothing etc. is radioactive and emitting some kind of detectable 'signal' or would a satellite be emitting and looking for a 'response'. It just seems like a long way for a signal to travel from something small enough to be sprayed.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
It's likely nanobots being sprayed on you and while they would stick to your clothes or you, they would also emit signals that can be picked up.

Nope - not nanobots, it's radioactive.... a very specifc type of radiation which sticks out like a sore thumb - can't remember exactly where I heard about it, but I have a feeling they use something very similar in larger quantities and they ariel spray it into weather systems and monitor the exact movements from satellites... I think they also do it with underground water sources.

That's my 2 euro cents.

edit: looks like Griffin got there before me! - I should read further down the threads

[edit on 23/4/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
but if they spray from the air how do they track a specific object or person? Surely they need to spray a specific target with a unique 'whatever' and follow that, otherwise they'd be following squirrels all over the park.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ivycutler

I would say that they don't spray from the air (for tracking individuals)... If say a male needs to be tracked you can bet a very hot 20 year old in a mini skirt and very very tight top will bump into you and drop her shopping all around those beautiful toned legs... You don't even think twice before stooping down to grab the jar of pasta sauce before it rolls away... 2 quick squirts to the back of your neck or somewhere and your tagged... Or even worse already dieing of something incurable!!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

ha.

yeah i'm so glad i just kept walking. She walked into me!

she can pick up her own pasta sauce.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I think the words you're all missing are "light-hearted interview."

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DeltaNine

The words 'lighthearted interview' were mine and were merely my description of the tone of the interview. I don't think you'd hear a scathing expose of MI5 anywhere on the BBC. Even in Scotland.

The information was given and remains the same as it was regardless of the tone. My choice of adjective does not affect how many, if any, grains of truth are involved in the story.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by ivycutler]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Lighthearted or not did you see the links in my post? There is an rfid smart dust product currently being made and sold, and there's another rfid tag albeit a bit larger that can be tracked from satellites in orbit so the technology is there.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by warpboost

You cannot track RFID from space - RFID is a very local technology 50 meters maximum I would say... Do you know how RFID works?

Hmmm looking at that link I may be wrong... I suppose it is radio frequency identification in the fact it transmits is ID via RF... But my understanding of RFID is that a current is induced in a pick up coil/antenna and flashes back the ID - no on board power.

[edit on 27/4/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hello!

I've got a feeling the GPS tracking is more bluff than anything, I'm thinking more low-tech...ever heard of SmartWater?

www.smartwater.com...

...used as a burglary deterrent in offices, sticks to clothing and only shows up under special light (UV?).

In fact looking on the website it even mentions MI5:

www.smartwater.com...

I wonder if it would be possible to see something/someone marked with Smartwater from a satellite.....

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MongEyes

Thanks for that link. What a strange business that appears to be? I have looked but can't work out how an item sprayed with 'smartwater' is traceable to an owner. Apart from maybe.. 'my bike got stolen and it looked like this with a spray of smartwater on the wheel'. Is this just a liquid that shows up under UV, or is each spray individually indentifiable.

In the study of over 100 experienced criminals, SmartWater came top, with a mean average of 8.3 out of 10, scoring considerably higher than security guards (4.9), burglary alarms (6.0), CCTV (6.2) and access control systems (6.9).

What a strange business (and website). How do you conduct an unbiased survey of 'experienced' criminals?

No other company can boast the close partnership that SmartWater has with the Police.

Wierd. Who are these people??

SmartWater is simply applied to inconspicuous areas of your valuables, making them forensically traceable back to your address. Traceability is something that criminals hate, and because they know that Police are checking property for SmartWater they’ll give anything protected a wide berth.

Nice find. What else do you know about this stuff?

new topics

top topics

join