It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Bizzare clouds - Earthquake link -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Quake scientist predicts Iran will shake in late April 2009

www.newscientist.com...

We wrote last year about the attempts of two Chinese researchers to predict earthquakes several weeks in advance using unusual cloud formations. One of the researchers, Guangmeng Guo of the Remote Sensing Center at Nanjing Normal University in Jiangsu province, eastern China, recently emailed me with an update. He says his team has detected the same unusual clouds above Iran. They predict that there will be a magnitude 5.0 to 6.0 earthquake at the end of April in southern Iran.

This fits in with some recent threads here in China/Saudi etc. It also would match up with WEBBOT prediction of a coastal event in Apr09.

i guess these are the cloud formation types from Saudi.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by komp_uk
Quake scientist predicts Iran will shake in late April 2009

This fits in with some recent threads here in China/Saudi etc. It also would match up with WEBBOT prediction of a coastal event in Apr09.

as and avid webbot reader, let me point out where your wrong with this..

webbot DID NOT predict a "global coastal event" for april... the Global Coastal Event has been under way for some time now... really got under way with the giant waves in the south pacific and tonga volcano eruptions.
The GCE (or as the hph guys call it, the global coastal PROCESS) will be on going for some time over the next few months with horrible consequences.
infact, i don't recall Iran being mentioned other than the in regards to a war with Israel.

the next big global coastal thing to watch for, besides earthquakes, is the ice sheets to start sliding into the ocean at a fast pace... then the ocean currents around the Antarctic/globe to shut down.

please, people, if you don't know the webbot stuff, please don't use it as some sort of reference.

-------------

I wouldn't be surprised if there are quakes in Iran... that's like saying it's going to snow in Canada in the winter.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
i only thru in the webot bit as a side reference I also dont subscibe to it. Whats more interesting is the cloud formation as a link to the quakes themselves.

Im sure i remember some weird cloud formation over china recfently that looks like the one over saudi.

Im sure i also remember weird clouds over china prior to a quake.

Afghanistan took a 5.5 hit yesterday by the way.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The cloud in the Saudi Arabia video is a typical cumulonimbus.

The clouds which supposedly predict earthquakes are very different from cumulonimbus. The predictions are based on clouds which form over the area where the earthquake is supposed to occur. The prediction is for an earthquake in Iran. Saudi Arabia is 400 miles from Iran.

Iran has no coast.

[edit on 4/17/2009 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This was seen in China before the quake
On June 3, tangodog posted this now famous rainbow cloud photo taken by an unnamed Chinese photographer in Tianshui City two hours before the May 12th Sichuan earthquake:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b83beac419a3.jpg[/atsimg]

And this was from Arizona this month

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22c6cc0faf66.jpg[/atsimg]

"While golfing in Scottsdale, Arizona, yesterday I was treated to a bright light show in the sky," reports Gary J. Cooper. It was so distracting, he almost missed his putt:

Does this mean maybe something will happen in the next few days in that area?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
it was a very creepy & evil looking cloud over Saudi none the less.......man if I saw that near my place I would gather my kid & pets drive away from it lol and wait for it to go away........
(ya never know nowdays anymore)

Im a down winder I know about these things....

[edit on 17-4-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Iridescent clouds are not rare. Their appearance has to do with the size of the water droplets in the cloud.
www.atoptics.co.uk...

top topics

join