It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting Dominoes Employee's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I'm amazed at the naiveté of the American fast food buying consumer, owners, managers etc....

You hire kids, for slave wages, that haven't developed a sense of ethics and are much more interested in playing with their wii wii, don't train them properly, treat them like ****, and then wonder why they spit in the food.

Perhaps it's just me but the solution is clear. PAY A DECENT WAGE SO THE KIDS WILL ACTUALLY WANT TO WORK THERE and not screw around.

My business model always included, Pay well, be respectful and grateful and not put the profit motive before the humanity of the employee. My people, I could trust not to steal, and take care of my business even when I was on extended vacation in Cabo or Topolobampo or at a trade show.

When I was a Kid working, my motto was...."Pretend to pay me and I'll pretend to work"

"You get what you pay for dumb___"....economics 101

Topic.....Dominoes sucks, Franchises suck....Bring back the Mom and Pop restaurants if you want good food, good service and a non industrial place to hang out.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by whaaa]

Though your right about minimum wages, at the franchise I co-owned, we started people at $2 above minimum wages. Luckily, in my entire life I never once worked for minimum wages. But always understood that low wage employees don't give a damn, and I knew that.

And you're right for most companies, they do not give a damn about employees and do not treat them well. That situation breeds bad behavior, and you see this in corporate stores all the time where theres no real owner just a corporate head office 1000 miles away.

Franchises on a whole are not a bad thing, cause the owner is usually there working hard to provide the best service, cause his lively hood depends on it. This isn't the case with large franchises though, where the owner has flipped on the autopilot switch. Most smaller franchises ARE mom and pop operations, just as mine was.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am sorry, I cannot agree.

I was young when I started out working in food service and did it very well...I was 14 when I worked at a pizza joint. The training even sucked but I knew enough to keep myself and my food area clean clean. The money sucked, but it was money..who cares.

Point is...these kids have no conscience. Even worse that they post it for other kids who have no conscience to view...and likely there are plenty. This isn't new, I am sure it has been done since Kings had foodtest/tasters, it is also not the first time it has been youtubed (recall the Burger King sink bather???).

No damn conscience. I only blame their parents for creating these little monsters.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Many years ago my husband worked in a well known restarant that served a variety of food dishes and steak was one of them.
He told me that the steak would be taken back off the plate and served to another customer and the customer had no idea this was happening.
This was a very popular resturant in my town and you would never think that this would happen there.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I worked in a Greek restraunt (privately owned) and the owner was filthy...and I have nothing against Greeks, he was just a pig.

My last job of the night was to vacuume the restraunt, one night it wasn't sucking up even a crumb, so I asked him where to get a new bag....

He was cheap, therefore he opened up the machine, took out the bag and proceeded to pull out the fuzz n goo from the hole in the old bag. In doing so he pulled to hard once and hit his elbow on a shelf behind him as he crouched on the floor....(he was mad at having to do this so late at night).

A butter packlet fell from an upper shelf into the soup of the day he was cooling on a counter above. He continued to pull the fuzzies then put it back, slammed the machine closed so I could finish my duties.

He angrily pulled out the butter packet from the soup, which left a grey layer of dust on top of the soup that he put away for the next day.

I trust a chain restraunt over a privately owned one...at least they have 'supposed' inspectors and rules tyvm.

I just tend not to eat out (veryyy rarely), once a year if that. I trust no one when it comes to my food, how they purchase it and how they refrigerate and how they cook..allll worrysome to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
You hire kids, for slave wages, that haven't developed a sense of ethics and are much more interested in playing with their wii wii, don't train them properly, treat them like ****, and then wonder why they spit in the food.

That's just it, these idiots were in their 30's. They weren't kids, so they can't use that excuse.

Perhaps it's just me but the solution is clear. PAY A DECENT WAGE SO THE KIDS WILL ACTUALLY WANT TO WORK THERE and not screw around.

When I was in college I got paid crap to take crap from the public while operating solar telescopes in the florida summer heat wearing a suicidal uniform of black jeans and black cotton shirts. In between groups of rowdy kids I'd run imax and planetarium shows, but then it was back to the telescopes for the rest of the night.

Some people consider false email rumors to be a mere nuisance, but it takes on a new level of personal frustration when you have to explain to a crowd of anxious adults that no, you can't even see mars tonight in spite of that recycled email from 2003 - you're several years too late. Others would demand their money back when what they saw didn't look as good as hubble photos they'd seen online, or they'd get mad that you wouldn't open the dome when it was raining.

I was paid worse than some of my friends working at fast food chains were and some others were just volunteers and not paid at all, but that doesn't mean I felt entitled to ruin a customer's experience or lie to them, even when I was being mistreated and underpaid. In the end, I was demoted back down from manager after my staff followed the rules too closely and refused to bring an ash tray to the telescope for a VP (who they didn't know was a VP). I was sick that night, probably from working too hard in the sun earlier in the day, so I wasn't there to resolve the situation. Not long after I found better work elsewhere, but I never once considered breaking the trust the customer had given us by paying to be there. Ultimately, customer service is the responsibility of the employee regardless of their pay.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
OMG This is like writing your own dismissal notice. Why would anyone be so stupid as to film behaviour such as this and post it on the internet. I am sure this goes on in many food outlets and makes you think twice with regards to ordering take away or eating out.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
there government agents, spreading the bird flu threw farts... ok probably not...

but they could be..... well probably not....

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I wonder where do the NWO'ers eat at.... Hum. lets make some phone calls and lets find out... and take appropraite action....

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have worked at many Dominos Pizza stores over the years. I would say that this incident discussed here is bad, but not the worst I have heard of. I have heard second hand stories about some really nasty stuff at Burger King and Taco Bell.

Many Dominos do run under franchisees, and that is part of the issue. I have worked for a franchisee who was rarely in the store, and that left a bad impression on the employees. If the owner does not care about the store, why should the employees? Another franchisee came in sometimes, and he was always nice to the employees, asking names and saying hi to everyone. That was a difference in the attitude of most of the employees. They felt cared about and wanted to do a good job.

The most important thing is the Management. That guy in the video making the sandwiches was probably a shift runner, if the girl was not. From personal experience, those are too often the types of people hired by Dominos with crappy franchisees and bad managers. I currently work at a Papa Johns, and the manager is great, and people respect her. I can not imagine a single person at our store doing anything like in this video. That is because the manager makes the environment the type where this crap is not going to happen. People actually respect her, and the store, and Papa johns pays better than Dominos, so people do not feel so underpaid.

At Dominos I caught this kid licking the pepperonis before putting them on pizzas. It was not just one order, but multiple. His reasoning was just that he was bored and it would "cook off the germs" anyway. He was 17 and had no respect for the customers.

I will let you know that the "3 second rule" is for real at these places. If it falls on the ground you have 3 seconds to pick it up and box it for the customer. If it takes longer, oh well, just box it anyway. This happens way more frequently than the really gross stuff.

For the most part, I did not notice too much stuff like this. I was a closing manager for the majority of my Dominos time. The general managers I worked with made the most difference with the shenannigans that did or did not go on, followed by the franchisee. People often stole money too, to make up the pay they felt they deserved but were not getting. Money missing from the cash register at the end of the night was common, and often security rules had to be instituted and enforced.

Oh yea, one thing to be careful of is ordering too early or too late. The morning ingredients were probably sitting out all night, with an hour or sometimes 2-3 hours of that being unrefrigerated. Late night orders are sometimes half-assed because the employees just want to go home, and also the ingredients have probably sat out at least an hour too. Sometimes a pizza is slapped out and topped, but then is cancelled. These can sit for a while before someone orders right before close, and then they are used for the order. There is a difference is fresh and not-so-fresh pizza.

I will be honest and say that I have not ordered Dominos in years, and will only eat it if there is nothing else, though I can not remember the last time I did eat a Dominos pizza. It has been a few years since I worked at one, so maybe some things have changed, but the years I did spend there, it was a lot of the same things. This video does not surprise me at all, except that they were stupid enough to post it for the world to see and not try to hide their identities. These idiots do deserve some harsh punishment in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
There is a little too much over reaction from some of you. You have to remember these are barely educated young people working for 10 dollars an hour in a fast food restaurant kitchen. Would you actually expect them to not spit in food and fart on peperoni ? That is why they get 10 bucks an hour.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I stopped ordering from Dominos way back when they forced their 30 minutes or the pizza was free thing. My best friends son had his first job with Dominos and was late twice the second week he delivered for them and had to pay for the late deliveries. He died the week after in a horrific crash trying to make the delivery because the butthole that ran the place threatened him with termination.
There's a reason for some folks dastardly deeds against this, and other companies, but this rises to the top reason I hate dealing with fast food restaurants!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by drsmooth23
He covertly spit in a cops sandwich because the particular cop had a had a knack for shaking down mary jane users, taking their stash and never reporting it.

Pretty gutsy considering that you watch your sandwich being prepared right in front of you at subway. And gee, I thought I was relatively safe there for that reason. What gets me about this story is that it wasn't just some immature teens who need to learn some life lessons, these were fully-grown adults acting like complete idiots.

Just because your full grown doesn't mean you're fully mature. I have seen plenty of adults act like complete idiots.

But besides that this doesn't justify there completely disgusting actions, and being dumb enough to post it on youtube.

But I generally don't eat at restaurants (especially fast food) a lot so I don't have to worry about this.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

And I believe the girl was a sex offender? My faith in humanity, falls a little now...

He we go, found it.

Yep, she was gay, or at least Bi.

Wait, wait, wait. so how does her being gay or bi make her a sex offender Republican08?

On topic...

This is disgusting behavior. If I had these two in my kitchen they would not only be fired but I would have them brought up on criminal charges as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join