It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money Recall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I had once heard that the plan was to eventually recall the dollar once it became the worthless paper that it's become now...which means we will need something to use as money. Gold and silver were brought up,but some say(Dave Ramsey)that that also will lose value. From what I know about history,gold and bartering always held some value.
Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I read that China is buying copper to an extent greater than present usage would dictate.

Needed perhaps because their society is rapidly joining the modern world.

And cornering the market on something allows you to dictate prices on that particular thing.

Perhaps the world will go to a copper backed currency.

The US would probably do ok with our large deposits of copper.

Locally we have a big copper mine and they're expanding their operation which is good for the local economy and the US as a whole.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I was just thinking that a new currency could be backed by copper. It is much more useful as a commodity than gold is, and there is a much greater supply of it than there is of gold. Gold is limited in usefulness as currency base, because there just isn't that much of it in the world- and the majority of the gold that has been mined has already been hoarded and is now located God-knows-where.

One big downside to linking a currency to copper is that it would give huge incentive to increase copper mining. And copper mining can be very environmentally destructive.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent78

My thoughts are that the dollar wouldnt be so worthless if the news would stop scareing the money back into everyones pockets. And if the american people could get Obama to stop blowing our money problems way way way out of proportions. The man is a bold face lier when it comes to his speaches on how he inherited the worst econemy since the great depression. When Regan took office we were way worse off. Just check the history books and you will see for your self. Weither you believe it or not statements like his and the news always having to make every little problem into the end of the world is why our econemy is so screwed up. Sure the Bush admin had some part in all this. but not nearly as much as he is given credit for. and to prove that its just the republicans that do this Regan came in after a democrat who really screwed the american public and killed more jobs and had us in more debt than Bush could ever have hoped to acheive.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
When the time comes, you will be lucky if they give you .10 cents on the exchange of our dollars. Wake up people

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent78

I had once heard that the plan was to eventually recall the dollar once it became the worthless paper that it's become now...which means we will need something to use as money

Where did you hear this? Are you sure it wasn't just the talk about the $1 bill being taken out of circulation and being replaced by a $1 coin, much like we have here in Canada with our $1 and $1 coins? That's something that has been in the works for a while now.

Our loonies are cool!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
reply to post by Agent78

I had once heard that the plan was to eventually recall the dollar once it became the worthless paper that it's become now...which means we will need something to use as money

Where did you hear this? Are you sure it wasn't just the talk about the $1 bill being taken out of circulation and being replaced by a $1 coin, much like we have here in Canada with our $1 and $1 coins? That's something that has been in the works for a while now.

Our loonies are cool!

but the toonies buy more ...... had to get that in there.

new topics

top topics

join