It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente - False Flag Recovery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I just believe this man!! Even though most the people I know believe things are going to be great within the next few months, I think it will become much worse. Maybe it will APPEAR to be much better for a period of time, but then the bottom will fall out......we'll have another major 'terrorist' strike......something will occur that will result in Martial Law being declared......wharever!! I do not buy into what the masses are being told be the government & the media.

You??

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I agree. Things are only going to seem to get better because the MSM is going to go on and on and on about how well the stock market is doing and to the average person when the stock market is going up, that means the economy is great! It's going to look as if Obama is the "savior" so that more and more people will just accept and trust him and they'll follow and trust his every step and move, because, he was able to get us out of the "worst economic situation since the'30s"!

Then the bottom will fall out. Or maybe it won't. Since it's all orchestrated--as was the collapse. Maybe this "recovery" will be what pushes the world to unite under one leadership--not necessarily Obama, though. Maybe once the "recovery" is complete, Obama will say that the best thing to do is to go under a one world government and the average American will just believe him and go with it because, after all, he did save us!

This is naturally all speculation. But, I can't help but remember Biden saying, before the election, that "there would be a major situation that occurs within six months of the inauguration and they [Obama/Biden] would act in a way that is contrary to what their supporters would want and that regardless, they'll need their support."

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

Still listening to the rest of the interview but what I've heard so far is nothing but truth. People believe what they are hearing on the TV from the financial sector and the government. Things are NOT as good as they make it out to be.

According to Celente, unemployment is actually around 15%. If unemployment is so high, how are people going to "buy"? Another thing that gets me is this .... we kept being told that th bailout was to rescue banks and loosen up credit and get banks to lending again.

Who are they lending to? We've had no problems in the past getting credit for various things, (new Semi-truck, etc.) but now we can't get credit for squat and we've always paid our bills on time. The only people I can think of that banks are lending to are their elite cronies. (my opionion on this one!)

And Celente made a very valid point about commercial properties. All those large businesses that have failed left huge swaths of empty offices. Who can afford to rent them? What happens when no one can rent them and the people who own them can't make the payments? Get ready for the next financial disaster, the commercial property crash.

I'm trying to remain positive but it's very hard. Seeing the way things are actually going vs what MSM is saying ... *shakes head* ... I think we're in for some seriously trying times.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cnichols

To backup your 15% unemployment quote, here from the NYTimes:

blogs.wsj.com...

The Full Picture: Broader Unemployment Hits 15.6%
By Sudeep Reddy

Americans are giving up on their job searches at a faster pace. The nation’s official unemployment rate jumped to 8.5% in March from 8.1%, putting U.S. joblessness at its highest since November 1983.

But the Labor Department’s most comprehensive gauge of unemployment surpassed even its early 1980s levels. The government’s broader measure, known as the “U-6″ for its data classification, hit 15.6% in March — a big leap from 14.8% in February.

The comprehensive measure of labor underutilization accounts for people who have stopped looking for work or who can’t find full-time jobs. The March figure is the highest since the Labor Department started this particular data series in 1994. It’s also above a discontinued and even broader measure that hit 15% in late 1982, when the official unemployment rate was 10.8%. (That data series goes back to the 1970s.)

The 8.5% unemployment rate is calculated based on people who are without jobs, who are available to work and who have actively sought work in the prior four weeks. The “actively looking for work” definition is fairly broad, including people who contacted an employer, employment agency, job center or friends; sent out resumes or filled out applications; or answered or placed ads, among other things.

The U-6 figure includes everyone in the official rate plus “marginally attached workers” — those who are neither working nor looking for work, but say they want a job and have looked for work recently; and people who are employed part-time for economic reasons, meaning they want full-time work but took a part-time schedule instead because that’s all they could find.

Many forecasters expect the official unemployment rate to top 10% by early next year. If the path of the broader unemployment rate continues, it’s likely to top 18%. For people in this group, comparisons to the Great Depression (when 25% of Americans were out of work) may not look so wild even if overall economic activity is holding up better.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Dbriefed]

top topics

join