It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Antichrist Know He's the Antichrist?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
So come on all you brilliant minds!

~~~~Answer this question to the satisfaction of the entire human race~~~~~

(come on we R waiting 2 know)

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If the story about an anti-christ is based on 7 heads etc. etc., I wouldn't be surprised if there actually is no anti-christ who is a person. I always thought those quotes were cryptic descriptions of nation states and possibly their organization and structure.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don't know if the Antichrist will realize that he is the Antichrist at first. From what I have read on this subject, he will be a man, a great military leader, a great peacemaker, and very well liked at first; then he will suffer a headwound. I think that at the time he has the headwound, that the Antichrist spirit will indwell him. He will deceive many people, so obviously he will be a "piece of work".

2 Thessalonians 2:9
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie ...

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
KingLizard.

The Anti-Christ could be good and pious, but chose not to follow Christ and for this be killed ?

Deep

Interesting Scenario to ponder:

what if the Anti-Christ is a Christian, and a die-hard one at that, earlier on in his life, or up until he gets shot. What if he doesn't know he is? He comes to power via his noble beliefs and trying to act them out accordingly starts some sort of revolution through out the world and the world begins to follow him. Then he is shot by someone who is more evil and Satan begins to inhabit his body. Would he then go to heaven for being noble? That's a question I've had.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I've been following this and i just have one question.

Why in order for it to be the end of times, does it have to follow the christian bible? why not any other religion? And if i remember the "anti-christ" is supposed to gain the following of EVERY major world religion, then he will see who follws him, or who follws, Allah, God, or what ever God anybody else worships.

Don't believe everything you read.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Sorry for not using the edit feature,
but if this "anti-christ" makes his appearance, he will not claim any religion at all, but will claim to be englightened and in contact with God ... so whoever (he/she) will be very spiritual, and in return, very powerful.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
You don't suppose the 3rd AC could be a certain reincarnated American hero do you? Someone of immense intrigue do you? If you know two hoots about Edgar Cayce than you know that these things do have their roots firmly in some pattern of immense intrigue and logic. A "Master of Terror" would have to be seasoned first as in the case of Hitler's WW I expirience and Napoleon's French Civil War. What is left I'm afraid is some sort of prodigy and a very disheartened one at that.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If the antichrist suffers a head wound, I can understand why he would want to stay away from churches. I once suffered a head wound and had a nasty black eye afterwards. The church I was in used some incense one day and it gave me such a nasty headache, I had to walk right out of church during the middle of their service. I don't know why churches continue traditions regardless of the health of people attending. I guess you could say that the health of people attending is not necessarily a concern.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousitysee Revelation 13: 1...a beast (which) rise(s) up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. This beast receives a wound in one of its heads, or at least verse 3 says "And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. "

"And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? "

The dragon, a strongly proven Biblical symbol of the devil (see Rev 12:9 & 20:2), has "...given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
the verse above states clearly, imo, that the beast "is given power through war to "overcome them", the saints (or Christians), plus he is able to "blaspheme" those that dwell in heaven, but make war against the saints, overcoming them,

A similar saying is found in Daniel 7:25 where it says "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time."
Some say the "time and times and the dividing of time" adds up to the 42 months the beast is in power on earth in Rev 13:5, and that THEN the Rapture happens, 3 1/2 years into the Great Tribulation Jesus foretold in Matt 24:21 and which Rev 7:14 says this about "......These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

Daniel 7:4 says, speaking of the vision he had of four beasts, "The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings. I watched till its wings were plucked off; and it was lifted up from the earth and made to stand on two feet like a man, and a man's heart was given to it."

I mostly found Revelations too vague and metaphorical to make anything of it. But, years later, after reading many other end time accounts from Hopi, Vedas, etc., and finding them very compelling, I returned to the bible for a Rev. re-read.
Partly cuz I had gained new interest in John, but mostly for personal reasons. I can make sense of the 7 and 10, rising from the sea, the dragon giving his power, the head wound and miraculous healing, the leopard, eagle, and possibly the blasphemy parts. Still, it is all just conjecture, based on my own biases and experiences. The beast and dragon could both be people. But my question is this? Who's the bad guy? The earth is a mess, and if we get destroyed, then is our destroyer possibly good? I lean that way.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Rev 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Rev 17:9 And here [is] the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, [and] the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

Rev 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.

and further the rest of the meaning is explained. He's a man leading ten nations. he's the eight's after and out of 7 kings, Babylon the whore rides him... need I explain further... just read it!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Define evil first and formost. It certainly depends on what side of the fence you are standing on (ask anyone in the middle east). I find it rather pointless discussing the prophecy of one rather hypocritical and generally violent religion over another. Christianity, as of the year 2000 held sway over 33% of the world's population (an estimated 2 billion or so). That is hardly grounds for debating wether or not "their" beliefs, are either credible, or, (as i and many agree) completely ridiculous to any thinking person. It has been said time and again that religion is merely a tool to keep you stupid, placid, and compliant with whatever inanity "they" decide for you. Why do you think perveyors of this trash refer to their followers as their flock (i.e. sheep)? Wake up! There is no anti-christ, no heaven, no hell, no afterlife. You die, your body rots and any electrical impulses formally known as your consciosness, or soul for you "believers", is delivered back to where it came from....the cosmos. End of story.No tunnel of light, no 1000 virgins, no lake of fire. Stop being so damned weak and face the reality that you are what you are, and no great being in the sky is looking out for you. If there was, there wouldn't even be an anti-christ, because any "shepherd" worth his column of salt sure as hell wouldn't let the wolf run amok in his flock, and if he did, screw 'im, he doesn't give a blue turd about you.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by DEATHKNELL]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
He will coincide with the important year with regards to astrology and that being the years 2016 and 2026 because, un-coincidently enough, there is something like a trillion dollars hard at work over there. I mean, how on earth does the world think they can win against what is arguably yet another Japan menace albight an absolutely perfected take on their often times bizzare strategy? Good God, for what is rising over in the Middle East is bound to be ten times the power of Australia or any other so-called parallels.

Dubai will soon have the number one of this and that. Iran has sobered up. India is fast becoming quite the industrial equivalent to the stodgy stalwart member of central Europe called Germany.

In a world littered with the likes of Bismark (the batteship), the Korean War, 1973 Oil Embargo, the now hugely unpopular and therefore waning power of the Illuminati, and oh yeah a worldwide resolve to keep oil prices the way they are; we are headed for a very evil and then some tragedy. By having all things annoying as the enemy; GCC unity moves ever onwards.

Look up Dubai in Google News! And while you're at it, look up Saudi Arabia and the like for your own sake because Russia and everyone else has nothing on this guy.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
what in the hell are you talking about?

my apologies to the mods for my one liner

[edit on 26-7-2006 by DEATHKNELL]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The Antichrist's are all very, very different. I mean really thou, just go to emaar.com to see just how gigantic the building boom over in the Middle East. How about The Palm that of which was featured in the Discovery Channel? The world's biggest theme park anyone (Dubailand)? Let's face it. We're doomed since there's no way the world can go up against the sequel to the Indian Tea Company.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEATHKNELLStop being so damned weak and face the reality that you are what you are, and no great being in the sky is looking out for you. If there was, there wouldn't even be an anti-christ, because any "shepherd" worth his column of salt sure as hell wouldn't let the wolf run amok in his flock, and if he did, screw 'im, he doesn't give a blue turd about you.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by DEATHKNELL]

yeah well the funny thing is that because of this very special shepherd all the sheep are becoming like the shapherd, with their mutual heavenly Father, God Allmighty, living in them and thru them because of the Holy Spirit.

now that's some pretty tough sheep to chew on.
Without God you are still sheep, but defenseless against wolves.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I`ve been fascinated by this thread . Good work !!!

I found this website and thought it might be interesting

www.angelfire.com...

then again the guy might just be anti russian lol

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
"He" is most likely a she.

Ask please why Jesus did not accuse the adultress who was to be stoned in the gospel account? Caught in the very act of adultery yet Jesus did not judge her. He knew what was coming, 2000 years from that point.

As was mentioned, Rome assembled the New Testament and they assembled the church which propagates this idea of end times and what antichrist is. The actual meaning of the old testament is an allegorical/historical one. It is no mistake that Tut's tomb was opened in this time, nor that there are documents missing from the people who opened that tomb. If you don't know the true story of Moses, you don't know the true story of Jesus.

It's all in the Davinci code. What is the biggest threat to a church which holds men higher than women? Who called women and girls witches and burned them by the millions? Obviously if there is a karmic debt to be repaid upon the Christians, it will be paid be a female hand. They have neglected her, whereas Jesus did not.

Are you so certain that the antichrist is a bad person? Wasn't the bible assembled by Romans? Didn't they burn and kill Christians for years before that?

Isn't the Church a Roman Church? Weren't there senators in rome who saw women as the very incarnation of guile, trickery and evil? I have read essays by them, so I know the answer is yes.

[edit on 14-1-2007 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
"He" is most likely a she.

Which would mean that 'anti' simply means 'the opposite of.' Exactly.

An 'anti' christ is not the same thing at all as a 'false' christ.

The 'anti' is very possibly truthful down to the most miniscule detail - and if so, it would seem to me that it is better to be 'evil' and do it honestly than to be sort of good but pointing fingers at everyone else and waiting for more doom and gloom than we've already had for the most part of the 20th century.

Are you so certain that the antichrist is a bad person? Wasn't the bible assembled by Romans? Didn't they burn and kill Christians for years before that?

And perhaps 'Babylon the Great' is truly meant to be great? After all, John 'marvelled at her' with 'great admiration' and if the semantics and what not are investigated fully it is clear that it is just that - he was admiring what he saw in a totally positive attitude. And 'mystery' means something revealed to 'initiates' according to my old-fashioned lexicons. So it's not a new idea - just an obscured one but not totally due to God - mostly due to mankind's inability to judge correctly.

Proof of that last statement is the ongoing assertion that anyone coming as a peacemaker is going to be marked as evil because they are making peace.

How much sense does that make? NONE.

What about 'blessed are the peacemakers?' Perhaps this 'Christ opposite' is going to be bringing the peace Christ promised? The true peace - not that which is of this present time. Which no doubt is NOT peace.

At any rate it is just possible that even an 'antichrist' could do better straightening out our mess than we can....certainly it is not out of the question.

Isn't the Church a Roman Church? Weren't there senators in rome who saw women as the very incarnation of guile, trickery and evil? I have read essays by them, so I know the answer is yes.

I know you are absolutely correct - not expressing your opinion. It is opinions that obscure the truth which is far more simple than the myriad of 'end time' scenarios running amuck these days.

Better to be all the way one way and do it in truth and sincerity than to be a hypocrite or lukewarm. What does the outside of the cup matter if the inside CLEAN? Religion tends to judge the cover but God wrote the book - and still reads it every day!

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbo

Does the Antichrist know that he's the Antichrist?

No, most people are not capable of admitting to themselves that it is they who are the antichrist.

They think they are too good to be contributing to the forces of evil, and they remain in a state of denial. They do not love the truth first, and before all else, nor do they even admit it to themselves that they do so.

Meanwhile they can't even admit to themselves how they break God's law so often, it has already become automatic, and engrained into their genetic make-up as well.

God's Law that they break?

Case and point: (pointed out by Blueangel7)
2 Thessalonians 2:9
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie ...

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I do not know if I am antichrist or not, all I know anticorruption is as GOOD as antichrist.

Antiracist is good too, so I would say antichrist is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join