It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Antichrist Know He's the Antichrist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
OK. I've been pondering this one for a while, and searching my butt off both on ATS and google for the answer, and I haven't found it, so maybe someone can help me.

Does the Antichrist know that he's the Antichrist?

meaning, does he know from birth the evil that he will eventually cause, and the defeat he will face (for those that believe in end-time prophecies)?

I've been doing a fair amount of research, and scientifically, I can't justify the antichrist just appearing out of thin air, and then poising himself for the takeover of the world- he has to come from somewhere, so is it a normal birth, a normal childhood, and then one day he is visited by someone who "tells" him what his future holds?

Anyone that can offer some sort of insight into this, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, anyone with relevant antichrist information or websites, feel free to U2U me, or get ahold of me on AIM.

Thanks in advance for the input.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
According to some Christian beliefs. there will be a point in time in which the antichrist will experience an indwelling...ie...supposedly at the time he sustains the mortal headwound from which he is revived.

So, no, the antichrist might not realize he is the antichrist in the beginning of his life.

I can get the scripture pointing out those facts, but probably someone else might beat me to it.

In fact. for trivial pursuits, Indwelling, I think is the title of one of the Left Behind Series of books about the end time. Scripturally they are fairly well researched and true to the bible. KJV

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by radstar]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
the left behind books are what got me started on this little knowledge quest to begin with. I started the first one last week, finished it in a few days, then just picked up the second one- the book entitled "Antichrist" is next up once i finish my current one.

I'm not very well versed on the Bible to begin with, so I'll apologize in advance if any other questions I have may sound dumb- they aren't meant that way, I assure you.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I remember being really young and going to sunday school, I use to always wonder if I could be the AntiChrist lol, such delusions of grandeur. Hmm well, until I recieve a deadly headshot, we won't know for sure.

He could even be an ATS member... /looks at all the younger posters.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by radstar
According to some Christian beliefs. there will be a point in time in which the antichrist will experience an indwelling...ie...supposedly at the time he sustains the mortal headwound from which he is revived.

So, no, the antichrist might not realize he is the antichrist in the beginning of his life.

I can get the scripture pointing out those facts, but probably someone else might beat me to it.

In fact. for trivial pursuits, Indwelling, I think is the title of one of the Left Behind Series of books about the end time. Scripturally they are fairly well researched and true to the bible. KJV

Aww darn, you got to it before me. I was gonna quote the Left Behind series as well. Yea, I don't think he'll know it at first, but eventually I don't think he will be able to avoid acknowledging, what with the dead rising out of the ground and the demons trashing the Earth.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Leaves one to ponder could the AntiChrist be turned, will he have his own free will or just be influenced by something/one else?

again, just thinking outloud.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
So come on all you brilliant minds!

~~~~Answer this question to the satisfaction of the entire human race~~~~~

(come on we R waiting 2 know)

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
To answer the first question...does the a-c knows he's the a-c. The answer from the Bible is

Rev 13:3One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast.

And yes, reading the Left Behind Series is also what got me started on my investigations via the net and eventually lead me here to ATS.

Amazing, isn't it. The need to know more prophecy and more truth about the world we inhabit.

As to the second question can the a/c be turned away?

Well, knowing human nature, I would have to say, power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

And the reason I believe that is the a/c won't be an innocent prior to the moment of indwelling. The a/c will by that moment have become deeply entrenched in the vices of life, the temptations and all those things that corrupt people. He will constantly be going deeper and deeper into the intrique the devil offers him. And each step into the void is made willingly.

No, I don't think there will be a snowballs chance in Hell that the antichrist can be turned.

sigh

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Probably can't be turned. If prophesy is to be fulfilled it HAS to happen. Like Judas.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If Darth Vader was turned by Luke Skywalker of all people, I would think the AC could be turned.

Seriously though, I do wonder if the supposed AC will have free will? Maybe his human nature makes him evil once he sees his power?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
don't you see it? The a/c doesn't have the power and never really does. It is satan, once he takes full possession of the a/c's body that holds all the power.

The a/c will be seduced by evil into becoming the most terrible evil ever known.

read my sig

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by radstar
don't you see it? The a/c doesn't have the power and never really does. It is satan, once he takes full possession of the a/c's body that holds all the power.

The a/c will be seduced by evil into becoming the most terrible evil ever known.

read my sig

So that individual has to "choose" his path then?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Yupe. Like any path, it's chosen by the individual completely. It's called personal responsibility. The two roads in the woods....whatever, but yes it is definitely a choice.

If you liken it to doing something small wrong, then trying to cover it up, keep it hidden so nobodies knows about...then things just snowball, one wrong after another, until you get to a really lousy situation out of which there is no going back.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbo
I've been doing a fair amount of research, and scientifically, I can't justify the antichrist just appearing out of thin air...

With all due respect, neither science or research can say anything about an antichrist. Of course there is no way PROVE anything about any antichrist, simply because the fictional character is based solely on BELIEF! Clearly, there is major difference between knowledge and faith, the latter of which requires no proof. Ergo, no proof exists for apocalyptic antichrists. Very satisfyingly, I agree with Thomas Jefferson, in that the Revelations of St. John the Divine are, "the ravings of a maniac."

ME

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
NO.

He/It thinks he is god . . .

Actually, I seee some of you mention the beast, but thats not the personage of the antichrist, they are the Gov's that have been in control and continue to lead the world to #.

The AC will find out his power as it is GIVEN to him and born of . . .

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeon10101110

Originally posted by Bobbo
I've been doing a fair amount of research, and scientifically, I can't justify the antichrist just appearing out of thin air...

With all due respect, neither science or research can say anything about an antichrist. Of course there is no way PROVE anything about any antichrist, simply because the fictional character is based solely on BELIEF! Clearly, there is major difference between knowledge and faith, the latter of which requires no proof. Ergo, no proof exists for apocalyptic antichrists. Very satisfyingly, I agree with Thomas Jefferson, in that the Revelations of St. John the Divine are, "the ravings of a maniac."

I agree that there is no way to prove or disprove anything about the antichrist.

I was able to get an appointment with a high ranking bishop in my area, and i told him flat out what i wanted to discuss (he's a catholic bishop, and they, at least around here, are notorious for refusing to answer questions about the antichrist for some reason), and he said that it was no problem, he'd give me the best, and most honest answer he could.

my appointment is at 4 PM saturday, which gives me up to an hour with him before his mass at 5PM, so if anyone has any questions they'd like me to throw at him, I'm open to suggestions.

I'll check up on the posts periodically, and i'll give an update after my meeting with him, and sooner if i can get ahold of any other information.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The Antichrist will know he's not able to surpass God, but he'll pretend to be God so he could drag with him as many people as possible into perdition. The Antichrist is Satan's last attempt to fool the Christianity before the real Lord returns. I think he's a devil incarnte, just as Jesus Christ was an incarnate of God the Father.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Here's a few points to ponder:

Jesus knew he was the Messiah when he was 12.

Anti means "in the place of" as well as "against"

One could conclude that this means that the AC is someone who we replace Jesus with, and while he is in that position, leads us away from the true Jesus Christ.

AntiChrist is a spirit (zeitgeist?) as well as a man. A general hatred of Christianity will manifest.

The AC will deceive many, including the elect - that means Robertson, Lahaye, Falwell.

The AC might try to use the Magdalene heresey to prove he is of the line of David as Jesus was.

The AC could be the Maitreya or Prince William.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Do you think it is really possible to identify a person living today as the antichrist? I'd ask the bishop that.

While we're on the topic of deception, the AC will be a grand master of that, so how could we possibly know that Prince William is the AC?

Anyone who claims to know who the AC is at this point is kidding themselves. Why, because there are still numerous prophesies that still must be fullfilled before the Antichrist is revealed.

first of all, the rebuilding of the temple, then the peace treaty with Israel. Until those two things happen, I refuse to cast my vote on anyone being the a/c.

Once I see a truce in Jerusalem, I think the AC will be evident, but the thing is....nobody is going to see that fact. Even devoute Christians will be deceived, like La Haye, etc.

So hold your breath on stating this guy is him, that person is. Prophecy states there will be many false, one here, one there, and there is another....

As a Catholic, myself, I will be most interested in reading your report, this evening, I hope.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have been thinking about the subconscious lately and how to get to know your self. Basically, I find that when you follow what your subconscious things tend to come together in a funny way. During the process of this for a period of time I felt there was the chance I could be the antichrist. However, this was for a short time and I do not believe that at all anymore.

I believe it would be possible that the antichrist wouldn�t know exactly who he was from the start. At a certain time the antichrist would start to listen to their subconscious and over a period of time they would find out who they are. Perhaps the subconscious of the antichrist would be influenced by some �evil� power greater than him self.

That�s just a thought that I had as we cannot really know what is going to happen or things are going to work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join