It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do we have Déjà vu?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I always thought, ever since I was a kid (I used to get really strong deja vu and even deja vu of having deja vu) that you pick what lessons you want to learn in life and you judge that by what you view beforehand - and the deja vu is like the trailer or preview of your life.

Deja vu makes me feel sick when I get it now, however

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

I see where you are going with this and can account for some versions of Dejavu however, is it not that true Dejavu is knowing at that very instant when you know you have never been to a certain place, you've never had that conversation, yet it all seems too familiar. I know to skeptics its always you've seen it in a film, tv, picture, heard someone talk about it, read it in a book, heard it on the radio etc.... I guess its like anything in this world, its always open to interpretation. I suppose 99% of the time that is the correct assumption yet there is always that 1% that cannot be explained away. Hah life is always a little ambiguous

[edit on 17-4-2009 by 667 The neighbour of the ]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Interesting topic!

But....I feel....like I've read all this.....somewhere....before........

Sorry! Just couldn't resist!

No, really, great thread!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Abbby

No kidding!!!! I knew you were going to say that.... Chortle (Grin.. Smileys not working) Infact i know i've typed this before

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jellyman1991

I think its because that our brains have a built in response system to certain reactions that we encounter. Perhaps its because that there is a system inside our brains to train us to monitor our environments and when we come across similar chances our brains fire and gives a reactions that we think that we've experienced before. Its a very peculiar feeling but one that leads us humans to evaluate our minds and think outside the realms of science. To take a look inside our minds would certainly yield many hidden secrets.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I said this in the luck thread.... but I feel it is somewhat similar.

Consider this if you are very open minded...

Before we are born into this life our souls are given a road map of the life we are about to live. We may even have to design this map ourselves. The goal or destination of the map is to improve or learn something specific in order for our souls to "level up" so to speak or reach the next level or dimension.

But we must actually live through it and make the right decisions to end in the right place. The soul at the point of birth has all recollection of this map removed in order for the lesson to be pure. There is however a minimal part or reminent of our soul that can guide us which is the sub-conscious or instinct. It helps us make decisions hopefully the right one for the lesson we need to learn.

Since we have seen our lives laid out pre-birth, it stands to reason that some things may wear through vaguely from this sub-conscious. Giving us the feeling we have been there before or the Deja Vu feeling.

sorry for the long answer, but I feel as though this and many other things like luck, premonitions, etc. are more than fluke or chance happenings.

This type of thing may also explain, people who can see the future to some small degree...

Anyway good thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

I'd like to see a survey of how far brain waves travel.

They certainly measure the electromagnetic spectrum of energy that travels like, radio waves, microwaves, infrared and ultraviolet light, X-rays and gamma-rays.

Brainwaves may travel further. They have done several studies on twins 1000 miles away from each other that transmit signals.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm almost positive that this has been answered at some point in here, but it's late and what the hell.

The current theory (at least to me) is that it is one side of our brain picking up the information slightly before the other, giving like a kind of feedback effect.

Hope to help.

EMM

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So what does it mean when you have a dream, and you only recall the dream you had after an event that just occured?
That has happened to me many times.

I would have dream for example about a pot of water that spilled over on the stove and I happened to notice the exact time on the oven clock, but only after it happens, I recalled that I had a dream about the same exact event like a day or two before.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The strangest deja vu I've had is the ones where I know exactly what will happen in what sequence or some detail less then a second before it happens. Like I'd look at something, then here comes that weird feeling, then in my head I see myself turn around and (I dont know something totally random will be there), a certain person (which i didnt see or know was there before) will come into the room and I see that person before I actually turn around a see him/her. Its like I knew that person was coming in before I saw them. Its so strange, like I jumped ahead a second or two and then am just catching up to myself in the future. Anyone else had something like this happen to them?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MBSCSDD

I've had the same feeling too! One was almost a year apart and the person I saw in the dream was actually there, but I never met her before that dream. But then bam, one year later, here she was. lol!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jellyman1991

yes i agree, but if you remember seeing something from your memory is it not Déjà vu?, if it is then why do we not remember straight away?.

No, Deja vu is the feeling of repeating exactly what your doing at one time, creating a strong sense of significance or creepiness.

The strong feeling associated with the experience is a major part of Deja vu, where as the "perceived" repeating isn't - if it's a perceived repeating, it's Deja vu, if it's real then it's not deja vu.

If you think about it when you are having deja vu it feels like you are living a memory, but afterwards you can't summon a memory where you did do what you are doing now - it's imaginary. The fact that you can't find the memory tells you there never was one, so it was just a glitch.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Deja Vu is simply God's way of telling you that you are in the right place at the right time. Nothing more, nothing less...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 401d d1
Deja Vu is simply God's way of telling you that you are in the right place at the right time. Nothing more, nothing less...

What??? Where did you get that crazy idea? Have you even actually looked into this stuff? Considered science answer al all?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard

Originally posted by 401d d1

What??? Where did you get that crazy idea? Have you even actually looked into this stuff? Considered science answer al all?

Welfhard,

Not such a crazy idea. Our creator is a scientist, he created all even science. Everything in God is the answer.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101
Welfhard,

Not such a crazy idea. Our creator is a scientist, he created all even science. Everything in God is the answer.

It's a poor assumption when there are perfectly natural explanations, more logical and cosmic explanations. Sometimes there are pedestrian explanations, often there are pedestrian explanations.

Appealing to a deity with certainty doesn't help us get answers.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm interested in other Christians points of view on Déjà vu, as the bible doesn't specifically speak of this phenomenon.

I have had many Déjà vu experiences as many others have. My first was as a child of about 6 years old. I was in the back seat of a car going somewhere in a different state to where I lived, and we was driving toward a hill on the right hand side of the road. I said to dad, "dad, I remember being here before, and there is a red barn on the other side of that hill." And as we got over the hill, yes the red barn was there. My mum and dad was blown away, as I had never been there before. I remember that experience so vividly, and to me even today, I knew I had been there before, no question. I didn't understand and thought mum and dad was lying to me.

Since that time, I have had many experiences of Déjà vu, even the words said by another, and the words I responded, not saying them because of the experience of the Déjà vu, if you know what I mean.

The question to me was had I lived this time already, but also with human logic, this was impossible. The answer to me with these questions was that both questions were right. I have lived my life, but also I haven't. To me its all about the perception of "time" with a God where there is no time, and we have glimpses of a life lived, but not lived.

If we only think in a humanistic, scientific, rational and logical senses to explain Déjà vu we may miss the very spiritual sense of feeling Déjà vu when it is experienced. I believe when we experience Déjà vu, there is a message somewhere in that experience, or time of life, whether small of large that meaning may be. I somehow agree with the person above saying its Gods way of saying, you are on the right track. But i also feel that we should be aware of the significance of the experience around us.

Anyway, that's my Christian perspective of this phenomena.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is something I experience all the time and lately it's so vivid that i actually finish peoples sentences sometimes. It freaks my girlfriend out sometimes, she asks if I'm a mind reader or something I say it's because I felt like we had talked about this before right here, wearing the clothes we are wearing, and even the smell in the room. There is so many possibilities of why this happens and the theories posted thus far covers the bulk of what they could mean. I think it's possible that we live the same lifetime over and over so many times that the goal is to finally be able to realize it fully and break the cycle so that you can move on. I often think that we are in constant limbo and that's what the people throughout history that have been considered enlightened have been trying to tell us. So maybe we aren't reincarnated into other things, we are just born again repeating the same lives over and over again. It's a little depressing and it would be very funny if this were true. This could explain even further why two people who have been married to each other for more than 50 years can't stand each other, because deep down they know they've actually spent many hundreds, if not thousands of years with each other.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has posted it yet, but I was told that DejaVu happens when you have a lack of oxygen, do I beleive that? Hmmm maybe, maybe a lack of oxygen causes us to see things we shouldn't, i dont beleive we are re-seeing the same event. Who reallyh knows, when yall can predict what will happen the next day then ill call you all psychic.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jellyman1991
Déjà vu is the experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously, an individual feels as though an event has already happened or has happened in the near past, although the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain, Déjà vu is usually found with ''eeriness''
''strangeness'' and ''weirdness''.

link from www.wikipedia.org

[edit on 17-4-2009 by jellyman1991]

Well, I think i know where your deja vu comes from.
- Seek the Truth -
Before we are born here on Earth, we all receive a "prebirth education"
in heaven. Part of this education includes looking at something called
a "Life Book". It is a large white book about 5 inches think.
You don't read it. You watch it like a TV.
It is controlled by God. In heaven he is known as the Spirit Father.
You see yourself in the future from boy to adult.
You also see how, when and where you die.
You see many important events in your life. Your spirit remembers
these events seen in the Life Book. When the event actually occurs
here on Earth you receive a "Deja vu" feeling.

-Seek the Truth-

You can find more info by reading a book called
The Soul's Remembrance by Roy Mills.
He remembers all about heaven before he was born.

- Knowledge is Power -

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Eurisko2012]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join