It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do we have Déjà vu?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jellyman1991

No I wasnt supposed to be on the plane. Ive only read of others who had a bad feeling and later learned the plane had crashed.

Some have even felt guilty thinking they should have been on the plane and somehow defied death.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC

Originally posted by ugie1028

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC
I go through deja-vu at least 4 times a week. The fact that y'all brought up your life flashing before your eyes led me to develop a theory.

What if Deja-vu is actually linked with the parallel universes. You are dying in a parallel universe so while they are reliving their life they cross the boundary into another universe to relive that moment going on exactly how it was????

Its just a theory. Please feel free to tear it apart so I can work on it some more.

you might be more right then you think... its all about perception and immediate reality.

It is possible, because of string theory and the infinite universe....

each chance, possibility, and what-not are happening right now, in an altered universe. like in 5th grade instead of getting a 75% of a math test, you got 100%. that little detail, had enough to change the events leading up to your point in the time-line. choice, chance, luck... depends on how you look at it. we are traveling in a straight line, but there are MANY MANY forks, each decision you make, thoughts you process, shoot out in all directions along this straight line, going in constant speeds. (time)

Things can change in an instant. in your reality, or your alternate reality, and in theory (singularity) as your soul goes back to the source (again singularity) it would ultimately, ripple to your immediate dimension VIA dejavu, or dreams... (dreaming you were a millionaire, prince of Egypt, or w/e. in alternate realities, it is possible... infinite universe, infinite possibilities.

im sorry if i wasn't clear, and if i am not, or having trouble understanding, ill try to explain again.

~Ugie

Edit: Spelling... like usual...

Well then Your soul is revisiting pivotal points on its way back to the singularity. Would i be correct in assuming so.

[edit on 4/17/2009 by ugie1028]

I dont have the right words to explain if you are right or wrong, but its about perception. (plus there is no way to prove it, just theory, or an idea of...)

It could be revisiting, it could also be that your soul is connected in each time line, like a WEB. something traumatic, like death, would have enough influence to make its presence known in all of your realities. your not just having one dejavu, or being sent a dejavu from one source, it is meeting all sources.

I still don't know, but your idea reminded me of many ideas i had onto why it happens... alternate realities, are one of them.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

it sounds like final destination where Déjà vu plays a big part in saving lives, question is if you had Déjà vu about something that would happen would you stop it??.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It definately sounds feasible. and if you look at it from a simplistic view it seems fool proof. Though like you say, there isn't any evidence along with it, and its a theory a rather weak one, but a possibility.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yes I would try to stop it if it was within my power to do so. I'm also a big believer in fate. Some things are pre-destined to happen.

All those killed in car wrecks never imagined they would die that day when they left the house or they wouldnt have left.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jellyman1991
reply to post by wonderworld

it sounds like final destination where Déjà vu plays a big part in saving lives, question is if you had Déjà vu about something that would happen would you stop it??.

Well i know this isn't my question to answer, but don't mind if i add a story as a reply.

Well, its hard to tell this story because of all the craziness in it, and the fact that's its as unbelievable as anything else on this site, but ill still share it, as a story, not a fact, or w/e.

Well, here it goes...

About 2005, i think it was late jan or early feb. i had a dream, where i saw my dad die, and my best friends dad die one day apart. i woke up crying, the feeling of that loss was intense. i immediately wrote an e-mail to my friend telling him to watch over his pops. he said calm down, nothing is going to happen, yadda, yadda yadda...

I put that dream on the back burner for the time being, and well, 3 weeks pass by, and im playing diablo 2 LOD, and then WHAM,a flash, dejavu!

(... anyone ever see chuck on NBC? like he flashes all the govt secrets when he hears a code word, or a picture/symbol/person he flashes on the intel) it kind of happened like that... sort of. its the best example i can come up with ATM on how it looked like to me.

But anywho, i go to my kitchen, and see my pops on the floor, pale as hell, white as a ghost... he was barely moving.
i called the ambulance... and he was whisked away to the HOSP, and lived. he lost over 2/3rds of his hemoglobin (blood count) 2 huge ulcers in his stomach.

after i calm down after this heart racing event... i came to realize... (wow, i had written this down, i wonder if my friends dad is fine.) i called up my friend, told him to watch over his dad for the next 24 hours... also told him, not to tell anyone in his house to what happened to my dad... because the stress they might of gotten from it... my dad was expected to make a full recovery, and my next mission was to make sure his dad wont meet the fate of the dream version of his dad.

8-12 hours later, his dad started to have chest pains... (minor like indigestion feeling) my friend took me serious for once, and called an ambulance, and on the way to the hosp, his heart stopped 3 times! and 2 more times in ICU!!!

It all comes to choice... if i had not gone downstairs, my dad would of been found the next morning, dead...

if i hadn't told my friend to watch his dad, he would of had a heart attack at his house, instead of the ambulance.

(choice, luck, w/e u call it) plays a role in dejavu, they are reminders, of choices you make... and choices you COULD make... IMO

They Both are alive... thankfully, but that's my story...

EDIT: (spelling again!!) Grr

[edit on 4/17/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Wow, that's a scary story. I have another.

A few years ago my dad leaves for work as usual. He doesnt return home after work!

My mom doesnt worry until 5 hours later. She Sensed something very bad had happened. She called his boss and the boss said he was probably out drinking with friends, My dad didn’t drink.

Two days later me and my mom sped to Canada and found part of his shirt tail hanging out of a wood chip bin. They built a box around him so he would get crushed further.

This will sound weird. For 2 days prior, my mom and dad said they sent each other telepathic messages. It did in fact save his life.

He did make the local newspaper. Man survives buried alive for 3 days.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Wow, that's a scary story. I have another.

A few years ago my dad leaves for work as usual. He doesnt return home after work!

My mom doesnt worry until 5 hours later. She Sensed something very bad had happened. She called his boss and the boss said he was probably out drinking with friends, My dad didn’t drink.

Two days later me and my mom sped to Canada and found part of his shirt tail hanging out of a wood chip bin. They built a box around him so he would get crushed further.

This will sound weird. For 2 days prior, my mom and dad said they sent each other telepathic messages. It did in fact save his life.

He did make the local newspaper. Man survives buried alive for 3 days.

wow thats a scary story too..

As i said before, all of our realities are connected. this would open the possibility of telepathy, or a way of telepathy...

death is traumatic enough to cause a flash (dejavu) it all depends on your vibration and how well you can pick it up.

that story isn't my only one, just one of the only ones where i have multiple witnesses... and an e-mail. look at my older posts in my profile. i have a few dream stories you would be interested in.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The reason is probably because time is an illusion. There is no past or future, only this eternal moment right now. Hence everything happens in this moment, where consciousness witnesses changing circumstances.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I have had this happen many times but with little things like who my waiter will be at a restaurant or something. Deja Vu happens for a reason .

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Yes my dad was very near death when we found him. His eyeballs were sticking out from lack of oxygen.

He later said he saw Angles flying around in there with him. He thought it was a hallucination but who really knows.

He got sucked up in the bin where he was upside down with his arms and legs as a contortionist. It was very traumatic.

Telepathic communication does sound odd but it happened. My mom knew something horrible happened and also knew he was alive. My dad sent her messages, as to where to look for him. Weird isn’t it?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
From observing the comparisons between my inner thought process and what manifests in reality, it is my understanding that unconsciously we perceive time non-linearly. Consciously we perceive it from moment to moment.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The way I understand it, the brain is like a computer. You receive information, it is converted into 'bits' that your brain can interpret and store. But just like a computer, sometimes those 'files' that you get from perception are 'stored' in the wrong drive or file. When you then retrieve those 'files' it's where you retrieved them from that can create the condition.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

I think some believe that we live this life over and over again. The exact same life. So maybe our mind just remebers things that happened on the last life cycle. They mention this in that Kevin Spacy movie KPAX. He is supposedly a Alien entity from the future and in the movie he claims all that has happened in your life will happen again.

So basically you are living the same life over and over again, making the same choices, doing the exact same things. Maybe this is the case and your brain is remebering some of those things that happened in your last life.

I dont believe this theory, I am just throwing it out there for others to contemplate.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Deja Vu is a "feeling", what happens is that where the soul has been through a few iterations, which you don't remember until you become an "old Soul" you get deja vu with similar circumstances. That is why it feels so strange.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Does no-one know how to answer this?
I've seen countless documentaries on this and each one of them has succumb to the same conclusion. There is nothing "paranormal" about Da'ja'vu, its simply a sort of minor hiccup or malfunction within a persons brain.
To put it in plain terms, your brain is constantly processing infomation between your long term memory and short term memory. We do this to essess situations and formulate responses. A good example of this is human speech communication; we as humans require a short term memory to remember what our fellow humans have just said to us during convosation. Without this we would simply forget what has been said and be unable to communicate.
However, when we respond to what has been said to us in convosation, our short term memory communicates the new infomation to the long term memory to find a suitable answer within the long term memory.
For example:

---------------------------------------------------
Man 1: "Where were you last tuesday?"
(At this point Man 2's short term memory will store this question(infomation) and communicate it to the long term memory)

(The Long term memory of Man 2 will search for the infomation required to answer the question eg; where he was last tuesday. And a response will be formulated)
Man 2: "I was shopping".
---------------------------------------------------

What Déjà vu has to do with this is that in some rare circumstances there can be a minor stuff-up in the communication between short-term and long-term. This causes infomation from the short-term to be processed as if it were from the long-term. This will cause current events to feel as if they have happened once before.
It should also be noted that "Jamais Vu" is another brain malfunction that causes the opposite effects as deja vu. Caused when their is too little connection between the long-term and short-term, making experiences seem very unfamiliar and unknown.
These effects can be caused by many little things, scientists are still researching into it and discovering new causes. Many are drug induced but it can often occur naturally due to extensive over stimulation within the brain. It's quite a facinating topic but definately not supernatural at all, our brain is an amazing place and incredibly complex.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Our brains continually gather data via the senses at conscious and subconscious levels. As you walk down the highstreet, glancing at shop windows, you may not consciously remember everything you see - nevertheless, the information is stored in your brain - and that information can sometimes be retrieved under hypnosis.

Subconsciously stored data will be filed away in the brain quicker than when it is consciously processed.

As you look into your shop window, you may see an item that interests you. However, if your conscious thought stores an image in the same part of your brain where the subconcious data was stored only microseconds before, then you will experience the effect of deja vu.

There is also a certain illness to which older people are sometimes prone, which can cause symptoms similar to deja vu.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have to agree with the last 2 comments. It's simply a brain malfunction, where the brain mixes up the information it receives. Normally we "see"things first with our visual cortex and then realize its there. With Deja Vu the brain works the other way around, instead of seeing it first, the brain kind of relais the information first before the signals of the visual cortex come in.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has already been suggested, but as a student of the occult, it is my theory that Deja vu is an instance of which our brains become absolutely aware. This means, that we tap into the "super-conscious" as well as the sub-conscious simultaniously allowing us to not only physically realize a situation through our five senses, but in many of my own experiences with deja vu i have been able to make instant predictions of the next event to happen in that same instance. I consider it a completely aware/awake moment of our total mind which has the ability to tap into the future as well as the past. Thats my two cents. Namaste.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by AwareOne]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i like Déjà vu experiences, particularly the ones that happen from dreams...

ever dream about something, and then it happens to you within the next week, or you visit that place from your dream??

you have Déjà vu, but when it's from a dream, and not your waking life, that tells me there's so much more to life than just this material world...

you start to get the impression that everything does happen for a reason, and all this combined, proves to me that there is a Divine Creational Spirit (God)... how can you continue thinking that there's nothing more to life than just this material reality? ...there is a whole other plane of existence (at least 1), and Déjà vu proves it!

...yes, this might sound far-fetched, but wait until you have a dream manifest in your reality... then tell me what you think of life THEN!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join