It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do we have Déjà vu?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

if you do find out, maybe you will be surprised with the out come it might not be bad you might get a free house?.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I keep bumping into the same things you have just mentioned.

So in theory we could be reliving our whole life in our dying moment?

Thats pretty eerie to say the least but would fit in.

Bit Vanilla Sky'ish

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jellyman1991

Free house.

I doubt that very much.

I have no idea yet but I will soon see.

I often find things like that a bit parable like or metaphorical. I dont think its to do with a house at all but I might be wrong.

Could be that im going to die
(Going home)

My pet is sick with cancer so it could be that actually come to think of it.

Its too many coincidences for me to deny it though. Thats why I say experience is better than knowledge.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jellyman1991
reply to post by UrsusMajor

maybe you had a more significant Déjà vu, to go their, maybe you new that in the future you would go to this place so it kept reminding you of the place, so when you found it, it came less frequent becuase you found what you're looking for.

Yes, I have considered this. The spirit and the mind are both incredible in many ways.

Second line,...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

what if we died and our Déjà vu is us living our pasts, which we did not know about, would we have a vivid dream about our deaths does that mean we are already dead or does it mean nothing, when we dream when we fall is it just a dream or something else?.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

that is true, but i don't think you will die, i just think that you might inherit a house or you could have something happen in a house, life is weird when you experience what is going to happen, you could think back on your thoughts and laugh about what you thought would happen.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Guess the question would then be, why?

I can answer that from a religious perspective if that were true but it is quite far fetched to even think that we are dead in the first place when we appear to be alive.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Bit Vanilla Sky'ish

Yes, that's the basis of the theory. Our lives are replayed in our dying moments. But, because our brains are dying as they are playing back this stored recording, the playback is corrupted as the two partitions break-down and the dividing wall between our sense of self and the actual recording also breaks down. With the dividing wall breaking down and creating 'peep holes', the dying sense of self is able to occasionally watch the replay conscious of the fact that we (semi) remember this from the first time around. The results in déjà vu, the idea that someone is watching us when there's no one there and so on.

It does fit in and explain a lot of 'weird phenomena' and yes, it's very eerie.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I was joking about the dying part. I am a bit sarcastic by nature

I often find that its best just to ignore things like this and see what happens as its like finding a piece of paper torn in half, makes no sense until the other part is found.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Bit Vanilla Sky'ish

Yes, that's the basis of the theory. Our lives are replayed in our dying moments. But, because our brains are dying as they are playing back this stored recording, the playback is corrupted as the two partitions break-down and the dividing wall between our sense of self and the actual recording also breaks down. With the dividing wall breaking down and creating 'peep holes', the dying sense of self is able to occasionally watch the replay conscious of the fact that we (semi) remember this from the first time around. The results in déjà vu, the idea that someone is watching us when there's no one there and so on.

It does fit in and explain a lot of 'weird phenomena' and yes, it's very eerie.

Strange that life seems to speed up the older you get is it not, could be the point of actual brain death approaching faster.

Dont like the thought of the whole theory but that doesnt disprove it.

Medic!

Reminds me of Waking life actually.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I will dream of something that is going to happen the next day, but dont realize I dreamed it until the thing occurs, and then I can recall everything in my dream. This is usually my deja vu experience, took me a while to put this into words.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I stared this because i beleive its somewhat important to understand dejavu, because at least once in our lives we experience it and we don't know why...

i go through this on an almost daily basis, and its already beyond weird, its annoying; because i don't know why i experience this.

I have had some dreams, where i make myself remember them, like, writing it down, or committing it to memory soon as i wake up. there have been a few occurrences, to where, i would be able to "know" when the phones going to ring, or even when the doorbell rings. its odd, i know, but that's dejavu to me... (was just an example)

sometimes i would just think of something, like (so and so) and wham, its in the news, or something related to it is in the news...

Its extremely, unknown thing. IMO what i think it is, some sort of survival instinct, or survival tool that's dormant within human beings. (spiritual evolution probably?)
IDK, all i know is that's its odd, its annoying, and i wish i had more answers for you and myself.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I'm starting to believe deja-vu is a part of a something familiar to us that strikes a chord and makes us think we've seen been done or thought something before. I had a strange case where I went to my aunt's house and could swear I'd seen it and been there before . It's really funny how the mind works. Recently had a case about a conversation with my dad and brother that I swore we'd had before it all felt like going back in time almost really strange really interesting.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I go through deja-vu at least 4 times a week. The fact that y'all brought up your life flashing before your eyes led me to develop a theory.

What if Deja-vu is actually linked with the parallel universes. You are dying in a parallel universe so while they are reliving their life they cross the boundary into another universe to relive that moment going on exactly how it was????

Its just a theory. Please feel free to tear it apart so I can work on it some more.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

weird maybe you time travelled, which would make your Déjà vu
experience unique, i do think that Déjà vu might be something more, but who knows?.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I believe that some people are more perceptive than others.

I also believe in premonitions. Ive actually had one.

I went to a meeting in this old building in the basement. As I was walking down the stairs I thought it seemed familiar but had never been there.

When I walked in to the meeting it was total Déjà vu! I thought this is freaking weird. The same people sitting at the same table, with a carpet laying crew in the back of the room. I had this exact dream about a year prior to this, every detail. TOO odd!

It was more than a visual thing. It’s impossible to describe. I’ll never forget it! I would like to know the answer to this somewhat paranormal experience.

I didnt get much out of that meeting, as you can probably guess. I was too bust making sense of the thing wondering why I had that dream and what did it mean.

We have heard about people not taking a particular flight and later learned the plane crashed.

I don’t believe in hokas pokas either. It only happened once. That's enough for me.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatusRJCC

well if we died in a parallel universe, wouldn't the world be different?, i dont think that it could be a parellel universe becuase in theory our parellel selves have nothing in common with us, but would they still act as us??.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC
I go through deja-vu at least 4 times a week. The fact that y'all brought up your life flashing before your eyes led me to develop a theory.

What if Deja-vu is actually linked with the parallel universes. You are dying in a parallel universe so while they are reliving their life they cross the boundary into another universe to relive that moment going on exactly how it was????

Its just a theory. Please feel free to tear it apart so I can work on it some more.

you might be more right then you think... its all about perception and immediate reality.

It is possible, because of string theory and the infinite universe....

each chance, possibility, and what-not are happening right now, in an altered universe. like in 5th grade instead of getting a 75% of a math test, you got 100%. that little detail, had enough to change the events leading up to your point in the time-line. choice, chance, luck... depends on how you look at it. we are traveling in a straight line, but there are MANY MANY forks, each decision you make, thoughts you process, shoot out in all directions along this straight line, going in constant speeds. (time)

Things can change in an instant. in your reality, or your alternate reality, and in theory (singularity) as your soul goes back to the source (again singularity) it would ultimately, ripple to your immediate dimension VIA dejavu, or dreams... (dreaming you were a millionaire, prince of Egypt, or w/e. in alternate realities, it is possible... infinite universe, infinite possibilities.

im sorry if i wasn't clear, and if i am not, or having trouble understanding, ill try to explain again.

~Ugie

Edit: Spelling... like usual...

[edit on 4/17/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

we're you supposed to be on the plane?, if so did Déjà vu save you?,if so thats miraculous, if not then i'm sorry i misunderstood you.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC

you might be more right then you think... its all about perception and immediate reality.

It is possible, because of string theory and the infinite universe....

each chance, possibility, and what-not are happening right now, in an altered universe. like in 5th grade instead of getting a 75% of a math test, you got 100%. that little detail, had enough to change the events leading up to your point in the time-line. choice, chance, luck... depends on how you look at it. we are traveling in a straight line, but there are MANY MANY forks, each decision you make, thoughts you process, shoot out in all directions along this straight line, going in constant speeds. (time)

Things can change in an instant. in your reality, or your alternate reality, and in theory (singularity) as your soul goes back to the source (again singularity) it would ultimately, ripple to your immediate dimension VIA dejavu, or dreams... (dreaming you were a millionaire, prince of Egypt, or w/e. in alternate realities, it is possible... infinite universe, infinite possibilities.

im sorry if i wasn't clear, and if i am not, or having trouble understanding, ill try to explain again.

~Ugie

Edit: Spelling... like usual...

Well then Your soul is revisiting pivotal points on its way back to the singularity. Would i be correct in assuming so.

[edit on 4/17/2009 by ugie1028]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join