It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do we have Déjà vu?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I don't think anyone can predict the future based on anything else than intuition or an informed deduction (trends). precognition seems like fantasy.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jellyman1991
reply to post by Welfhard

answer me this, if you see or dream something that isn't their?, is it going to be their when you wake up or go sleep?, a mirage messes with your perceptions does that mean that whatever you see in the mirage is going to be their once you get to it?.

CAn you clarify the question? I'm not sure what you're asking here.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jellyman1991

Its not knowledge.

Experience as I posted above.

Nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Nammu

i agree, the feeling you get is like you experienced that moment and no one else could ever go back to that moment, which is a pretty interesting thought to think about, but what is really weird is the instinct to say ''Déjà vu'' once it happens, but if it is a glitch then why do millions of people experience it?.

Simply, because time runs backwards. So we all have the potential to experience it. Our subconcious minds are aware of this. They're aware of everything. But what we actually experience as 'reality' is controlled by our concious minds. In some cases our concious minds encouter a glitch, resulting in the feeling that we've been here before, when in actual fact we have, but haven't conciously experienced it before.

Some people are more predisposed than others to experience these glitches. Hence some of us get deja vu more often than others and some people get have better precognitive abilities.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

good point, but that does ask a question of, if we have Déjà vu
then isn't it possible to have a choice to never experience it or do we have no choice.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by XXXN3O

I don't think anyone can predict the future based on anything else than intuition or an informed deduction (trends). precognition seems like fantasy.

I think this is where many people are looking at it wrong.

People percieve a lot of topics as a prediction. Not all are.

If I watch someone walking towards a table, say "your going to hit that table" and they still hit it. That is just common sense logic.

Premonitions on the other hand are something completely different and are not something that are a persons predictions either. Deja Vu is not a prediction either.

I agree with you on Precognition and do not think it is possible simply because it would defeat the whole point in being here in the first place.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

what i'm asking is, if you can't see something and you turn around and it's their does that mean it was behind you the whole time?, which means if you dream it and it happens, was it going to happen all along or did Déjà vu just predict it as a fluke?.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by jellyman1991]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

what i'm asking is, if you can't see something and you turn around and it's their does that mean it was behind you the whole time?, which means if you dream it and it happens, was it going to happen all along or did Déjà vu just predict it as a fluke?.

Perceiving something or not perceiving something does not change reality. If it is there, it's there and was there the whole time (unless it's moving but you get what I'm talking about).

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

i liked what you said, it' an amazing question of, ''if i told you not to step on the road where the car just passed would you have stepped on that road where the car would have probably killed you which would result in your imminent death as a result of me telling you not to?.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I think a lot of this boils down to perception.

Perception is created from individual experience.

The worrying thing about this is the fact that many people are letting things such as TV, magazines, textbooks,etc, dictate their experience giving them a completely false sense of perception. Ever asked someone who they are these days?

Its a question of signs or coincidences really but many will side with coincidence because that is the favour of the media especially. Many will side with coincidence for good reasons as well. Vice versa with regards to signs.

I still think it is very important to live your own life and have your own mind when it comes to things such as this topic.

Fascinating things to think about though.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

it's the same as Déjà vu, theirs a number of Déjà vu's such as Déjà vecu ('already experienced or lived through'), Déjà senti ('already felt'),Déjà visite ('already visited').

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

thats a good thought, when we go through life do we ever not watch tv or read books or talk to people?, that influences us in some way,
if we dream do we not dream about tv shows, books, or talking to people?,
i suppose thats what Déjà vu is all about, the mind who filters out all of the stuff we've seen and imprints it into our minds untill we see it again in the near future.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I once had a Deja Vu at same time with another person I never met in the past and met for first time. Both us said, what was that! It was like a Freaky Friday movie kind of a thing. Like a time shift or something. How would science explain that one?

[edit on 17-4-2009 by sean]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

It doesn't change the fact that anticipating something that actually occurs doesn't change reality, it was still going to occur.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

science can't explain everything in this world, which begs me to say that having a Déjà vu with someone must explain something that a scientist can't, i'm not saying science is wrong, i'm just saying that two people having the same Déjà vu is unexplainable.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

was it?, i mean if your friend said don't go on the road what is your first instinct? to ignore him, or walk on that road?.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

if we dream, do we not dream about stuff that happened during the day?, if so does any of the things you dream about happen tommorow
if so is it part of Déjà vu?.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

science can't explain everything in this world

Maybe not yet, but science is an ongoing process. Just because there isn't an answer yet doesn't mean there is a mystical explanation. Everything in this universe can be explained, eventually.

I have done research in the past on another dysfunction in the brain called synaesthesia. There are many discrete structures of the brain with specific functions. Sometimes when the brain forms in infancy, these structures can blur and start interfering with one another. The most common showing of this condition is the invoking of colours in the mind's eye by sound.

The short explanation is the brain screws up.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

its interesting to know that we are never without an explanation,
i just hope they explain Déjà vu one day be it natural or something else.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

.... actually maybe it warrants a thread. Synaesthesia is a fascinating condition with no apparent downside. i got researched because I had a rare form when I was young.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join