It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do we have Déjà vu?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

yes but isn't that precognition?, the fact that we can dream our dreams into life, i agree with you a 100%, but what if like in the movie minority report we could find a way into an absolute state of mind that see's the future before it happens, would we stop everything from happening or would we just say that it's just our memories faded?.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

yes Déjà vu can happen at anytime, it's astounding how accurate
Déjà vu can be thats why i think that, if we dream is it reality and is reality a dream?.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jellyman1991
reply to post by XXXN3O

so when we dream we dream the reality so wouldnt that make our dreams the ultimate reality, what if we would use Déjà vu as a sort of power wouldn't we all see what is coming infront of us, if we did tap into our minds would we find that we could unlock this unique ability to better our lives?.

What would be the purpose of that though in terms of being here?

I dont think that its possible to predict everything in our or anyone elses lives because it would eradicate the whole point of existing if you get me. Who would want to live with knowledge of everything before it happens, there would be no experience in it.

I do think that it is possible to see the future to a certain extent though but nothing beyond a certain point.

I am a firm believer in fate these days from my own experiences so theres nothing you can do to change the future. If that is the motive for wanting to know it would only serve to burden people who could see into the future when it turned out exactly as they saw it.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jellyman1991

yes but isn't that precognition?

Not when you alter your memory to appear similar to something going on now.

I was sick when I had heaps of Deja vu. If it were some hidden ability, it should have happened less, but it happened more, which tells me it's something a weaker or sick brain would do more often - a dysfunction.

Experiencing something that apparently happened isn't actually Deja vu, is it? Deja doesn't pertain to dreams.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

thats an amazing point which i agree with, it's like we have a sneak peak for a second then it closes forever.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I like the idea that time is actally running backwards. The basic laws of physics work equally well moving forwards or backwards in time.

That would then account for this story about a black box that can predict the future based on changes in human conciousness, deja vu, remote viewing, people being able to see future events etc.

I love it when i get deja vu. It's such a weird feeling. I do think it's kind of like a glitch in reality when your concious mind has a lax moment.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

that is an amazing point which i know see, i think that no one can change the future but we can experience it being awake or asleep.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

yes but you can't say that if you haven't had Déjà vu in a while then your cured because some people dream disasters, does that make it Déjà vu or does that make it precognition?.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by jellyman1991]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Sorry I meant to say
"Experiencing something that apparently happened in a dream isn't actually Deja vu, is it? Deja doesn't pertain to dreams."

Anyway lots of people dream lots of random things, so if one person dreams something that does occur and it happens, why automatically assume there is something more that coincidence going on?

I live in a quake zone, we get a noticeably strong one every 6 months or so (we had one last week). If someone dreams about an earthquake, it's not going to be some psychic ability.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jellyman1991

yes but you can't say that if you haven't had Déjà vu in a while then your cured because some people dream disasters, does that make it Déjà vu or does that make it precognition?.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by jellyman1991]

I think your speaking about premonitions. Dreaming the future. Thats when it gets interesting.

Think about this,
Lets say you dream tonight that on June 22nd there will be a massive catastrophe. Two choices, you can ignore it but then you see it happening on the day or you can try and prevent it.

What if your premonition that caused you to act resulted in you causing the catastrophe or vice versa?

Its a catch. Seeing the future is not a gift, its a curse if you have it.

Que sera sera

Knowing is not power, it is a burden when you find out that you can do nothing about it.

Im pretty sure you get where I am coming from and im not dismissing you but saying that there are certain things that nobody can share with anyone else which is the main reason we know nothing about things like this.

Thats all im gonna say for now.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
What weirds me out, is when I get deja vu, then I say to myself, "wow deja vu" then I have deja vu about me saying "wow deja vu" and then things happen after that, deja vu again and again. Deja vu multiple times in a row.

What is that!? lol

[edit on 17-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

i agree, the feeling you get is like you experienced that moment and no one else could ever go back to that moment, which is a pretty interesting thought to think about, but what is really weird is the instinct to say ''Déjà vu'' once it happens, but if it is a glitch then why do millions of people experience it?.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I just got a picture in my mind of you walking around daily going, Woah a spoon i saw that, argh a chair i saw that, tv damn that deja vu again, meeting people and having a whole conversation with yourself without even speaking to them then going "saw that too".

What if everyone experienced it constantly exactly like that?

Life would be comedy gold.

PS I know that was not what you were saying entirely but its a thought.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

well they do say that time repeats itself, but i've never had more than two Déjà vu's in a row, it's interesting that you had simultaneously had more than two.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Yeah lol, it's a weird feeling indeed.

The problem with deja vu, most of the time you just can't figure out why it feels so familiar, did you have a dream about? did you do this before? It gives you a headache lol

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I just got a picture in my mind of you walking around daily going, Woah a spoon i saw that,

There is no spoon.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

you surprise me with your knowledge, i think that if we did dream about disasters and we did try to prevent them then we could alter how that disaster will happen, which could result in something more serious, now that is the catch 22.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by XXXN3O

I just got a picture in my mind of you walking around daily going, Woah a spoon i saw that,

There is no spoon.

Exactly and that is my reason for posting that nobody can tell the future beyond a certain point.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Or maybe like in LOST, the theme "whatever happened, happened"

Meaning if we try to change it, it will still happen just the way you saw it. Or you trying to stop it helped create what you saw in the first place haha.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

answer me this, if you see or dream something that isn't their?, is it going to be their when you wake up or go sleep?, a mirage messes with your perceptions does that mean that whatever you see in the mirage is going to be their once you get to it?.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join