It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Extraterrestrial in Cleopatra's Tomb?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If ET's have visited Earth it was more than likely before we were ever about,the amount of time we humans have populated the planet is absolutely insignificant compared to the age of earth and also the time when life started to flourish on it.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Outlawstar

Ancient Egypt and the Pyramids lend themselves to speculation more than any other era I can think of. There are many questions. Still...

the hall of records and in fact ENTIRE CITIES of a highly advanced pre-Egyptian-pre-flood civilisation exist right under the sphinx. Many credible historians speak of such things, including lights that burned forever, explaining how they saw in the pyramid, advanced robots that guarded entrances, were talking sci-fi here folks and Im think its from a civilisation that was far in advance of even our own...

That's going a little bit overboard. Robots?! Really? Wouldn't robots require insulated wiring, alloy, circuit boards, transistors, capacitors, power cells etc? Where would they be made, by whom and with what materials? Same for the cities...cities evolve from villages, towns etc. They don't just appear and vanish without leaving traces of their rise and fall.

I'm not trying to be argumentative with you. I believed some of this stuff when I was at school. If you think about what it takes for any of the above to be true it stops making sense. For any of it to be true requires such an incredible amount of 'evidence removal' that it becomes impossible. Even Arctic ice core samples don't show the carbon footprint that would indicate an advanced civilization from thousands of years ago.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Outlawstar

Ancient Egypt and the Pyramids lend themselves to speculation more than any other era I can think of. There are many questions. Still...

the hall of records and in fact ENTIRE CITIES of a highly advanced pre-Egyptian-pre-flood civilisation exist right under the sphinx. Many credible historians speak of such things, including lights that burned forever, explaining how they saw in the pyramid, advanced robots that guarded entrances, were talking sci-fi here folks and Im think its from a civilisation that was far in advance of even our own...

That's going a little bit overboard. Robots?! Really? Wouldn't robots require insulated wiring, alloy, circuit boards, transistors, capacitors, power cells etc? Where would they be made, by whom and with what materials? Same for the cities...cities evolve from villages, towns etc. They don't just appear and vanish without leaving traces of their rise and fall.

I'm not trying to be argumentative with you. I believed some of this stuff when I was at school. If you think about what it takes for any of the above to be true it stops making sense. For any of it to be true requires such an incredible amount of 'evidence removal' that it becomes impossible. Even Arctic ice core samples don't show the carbon footprint that would indicate an advanced civilization from thousands of years ago.

I dont take anything you say as argumentative, I love a friendly debate............listen I think the big mistake your making is basing your assumptions on the technologies we know of in this age, and the fundamental technological knowledge of this age, there are many other ways to do things, as this time shows when compared to even only a hundred years ago, Im not claiming to know anything, but theres just to many historical anomolies and accounts from credible sources for me not to consider them, especially when you consider the obvious cover up going on in Egytology.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
well I've been told that et material has been recovered through the ages and the current location of this material evidence is said to be in the Vatican. if it really true or not who knows... I know Vatican and Hitler were working on ET stuff according to this article I remember reading... it makes sense since we suppress new technology .... and that does not make sense unless they know where it leads... they poo poo its call peer review... check out Cold Fusion for an example and zero point.... someone does not want to go there at this stage of the game.... go figure...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
well I've been told that et material has been recovered through the ages and the current location of this material evidence is said to be in the Vatican. if it really true or not who knows... I know Vatican and Hitler were working on ET stuff according to this article I remember reading... it makes sense since we suppress new technology .... and that does not make sense unless they know where it leads... they poo poo its call peer review... check out Cold Fusion for an example and zero point.... someone does not want to go there at this stage of the game.... go figure...

Your right, they dont want us to got there, because God forbid we become a people who can sustain themselves independant of a central power grid, of centralisation in general and in peace, and God forbid they couldint control our and monitor our every move, bloody makes me sick.
The truth of whats going on on this planet is far stranger than fiction.
You literally couldint make this # up.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
Maybe the OP is thinking of Isis? If so, there was a thread a while back on this precise subject, and about a project named "Project Isis". Supposedly, a Extraterrestrial mummy was found in a tomb, among other things.

If I am not mistaken, Cleopatra's cartouche reads "Cleopatra daughter of Isis", so there is some connection although they speculate that she added that for "marketing purposes".

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I heard cleopatra was riddled with STI's..that sooo put to end to my many fantasies about me and her...she looked hot in the hieroglyphs though...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
When you stop and think about it, there are dozens if not hundreds and even thousands of stories and official reports about finds of what Ivan Sanderson called OOPAs (Out Of Place Artifacts). But they never get taken seriously, or if they are, they get hidden. IF--and I believe it is so--ETs have visited Earth for a long period of time, then there should be some evidence that they left behind. And some of that evidence would have been found by now. (Roswell would be a modern example.) The movie Raiders of the Lost Ark carried that concept to the extreme. But archaeologist will ignore ANYTHING that their mainstream doesn't accept or isn't ready to accept. Basically, it goes against human nature. Can you imagine how devestated their whole science will be when the ETs finally land and say, "Yep, we built that ...that ....and, oh, right, that too!"

Indeed, out of place artifacts are intreguing phenomena sometimes.

This site may be of interest, not that i see things in the same historical context as that, i don't, but the items of interest cited make for an interesting read.
www.s8int.com...

Paxus.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by DeltaPan]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hey folks, after skimming thread, it's dis-heartening to see references to Pyramids and the Sphynx in conjunction with Cleopatra and "aliens" !

Let's leave all the UFO trash to one side for now and go back to Egyptology 101:

Cleopatra VII was a Ptolemy - Hellenistic (Greek) Pharoah, who lived 59-30 BCE.

The pyramids at Giza are commonly dated to around c. 2560 BCE. That means the time between Cleopatra and the Pyramids being built is approx. 500 years MORE than NOW and Cleoptra.

Any baseless theories people have about aliens and the Giza pyramids have nothing to do with Cleopatra. It would be like saying JFK was shot by Jesus.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I know they have found a lot of odd items in Egypt. I think they are supposed to have a special on it on one of the Science channels on Sunday night. But as someone else said if Hawass is involved their will be no talk of aliens period.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
There is a thread on ATS started 15 April titled 'Dig May reveal Cleopatra's Tomb'.

This implies, to me, that they haven't found the actual site yet.

So, why would we jump to an ET conclusion so soon?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yeah -- and at the time of this post, the OP had 13 stars. I saw those stars and assumed that something concrete was said in this thread lend some credence to the question asked in the OP...

...however, after three pages it seems the title of this thread could have been "Wouldn't it be cool if they found something ET in Cleopatra's tomb?"

I don't understand all the stars for such a hypothetical question.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
In some of the tombs there have been pictures scrubbed out off the walls .. Im sure it was because the people didn't like certain kings or whatever but imagine if there was an alien or ufo that had to be scrubbed out for our sanity. HEH

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outlawstar

Originally posted by Salvatore_Rubberface
reply to post by Diplomat

You dont seem to believe in Human endeavor? Trust me my friend UFos didn't built the pyramids. Study Egyptology.

ha...Im not saying UFOs built the pyramids, but Ill tell you something, neither did the Egyptians, and they certainly arent tombs, thats the biggest joke "Egyptology" has ever come up with yet.

Certainly the evidence suggests the Egyptians inherited the pyramids from a long past lost civilisation with technological capabilities far in excess of even our own.

Egyptologists and archaeologists have a lot of information as to exactly who designed the Pyramids, who they were designed for, and when they were built. This really isn't much of a mystery. They even know basically how the Pyramids were built, and it doesn't take any special "knowledge" that the Egyptians were not know to possess.

The technology used to build the Pyramids was not beyond the capabilities of the Egyptians at all -- remember, they were modern human beings just like us and possessed the same brains we have with the same capacity to solve problems. Sure, the Pyramids are massive in size and were massive construction projects, but their construction is not that sophisticated. Clever? -- yes. Beyond their level of understanding? -- no.

...and if the Pyramids were built by some ancient, yet advanced civilization -- even "more advanced than our own" -- then I would suspect they would have constructed the Pyramids using some other method other than the terribly inefficient "load-bearing stone masonry" method. Even the construction done by the Roman Empire was more sophisticated than that.

[edit on 4/18/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
There's many reasons why they could of been built.

1) Tomb for the 'chosen' one aligned to a star

2) Protection - from invading armies or deadly comet

3) A tribute of some sort

4) Stairway to heaven

5) UFO landing pad . ;D

6) Clock calendar

But option 1 is the most logical because of the way it was build and interior

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Interesting post,if there is something of an alien nature to be found in Egypt a Pharaohs tomb would be a good place to hide it.Sadly if something is discovered it will be quietly disposed of and never mentioned.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

You dont seem to believe in Human endeavor? Trust me my friend UFos didn't built the pyramids. Study Egyptology.

ha...Im not saying UFOs built the pyramids, but Ill tell you something, neither did the Egyptians, and they certainly arent tombs, thats the biggest joke "Egyptology" has ever come up with yet.

Certainly the evidence suggests the Egyptians inherited the pyramids from a long past lost civilisation with technological capabilities far in excess of even our own.

Egyptologists and archaeologists have a lot of information as to exactly who designed the Pyramids, who they were designed for, and when they were built. This really isn't much of a mystery. They even know basically how the Pyramids were built, and it doesn't take any special "knowledge" that the Egyptians were not know to possess.

The technology used to build the Pyramids was not beyond the capabilities of the Egyptians at all -- remember, they were modern human beings just like us and possessed the same brains we have with the same capacity to solve problems. Sure, the Pyramids are massive in size and were massive construction projects, but their construction is not that sophisticated. Clever? -- yes. Beyond their level of understanding? -- no.

...and if the Pyramids were built by some ancient, yet advanced civilization -- even "more advanced than our own" -- then I would suspect they would have constructed the Pyramids using some other method other than the terribly inefficient "load-bearing stone masonry" method. Even the construction done by the Roman Empire was more sophisticated than that.

Clearly your study of the pyramids is very much based on shal we say, a mainstream view, there is SO MUCH to CLEARLY show that the Egyptians arent the builders of the pyramids that it is actually kind of funny why anyone would think otherwise, and Im very tired right now , but tomorow Ill show you plenty of evidence.....Goodnigt and do some research.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Hey bruv.

Here's a media file containing a few things you may want to consider before you completely discount extraterrestrial interactions with ancient civilisations because more architecturally complex structures could have been built.

Because more architecturally complex structures have been built and destroyed with ruins that show there was technological precision used in the past and engineering skill where schematics and written language must have been used but where indigenous populations of the time-frames involved were supposedly at oral language development and hadn't a written language, etc.

Download this aired to TV on History channel programme and consider.
thepiratebay.org...

Bit Torrent clients.
Good processors and RAM, use VUSE, best in classical view.
www.vuze.com...

Lower spec' computers use Utorrent (stable).
www.utorrent.com...

Player to view...
www.free-codecs.com...

Or codecs for your own media player...
www.free-codecs.com...

Paxus.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by DeltaPan]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
The reason I ask is because I have seen the news today about researchers possibly finding Cleopatra's tomb, and years ago I remember reading something about Cleopatra's tomb and something to do with E.T.s.

Oh boy .. it's one of those time line changes again!

If they just found it then how could you have heard about something ET in it before this?

I'm calling time line change on this one.

Something has changed, timeline?

'They' changed the timeline because the ET information came out.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I was just reading on CNN's website that Marc Anthony was burried with Cleopatra.
Although I wouldn't say "extraterrestrial" evidence, I may agree with "alien" evidence. After all, Marc Anthonny wasn't from Egypt, thus making him an alien (to Egypt). And he was supposedly burried in his Roman General uniform.
So perhaps the "alien artifact" you're thinking of would be his Roman Spear?

**First Post for me**

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join