It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Cat - That old chestnut.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hey guys!

I wish to share a story, which happened nearly 4 years ago.

Me and my friend were staying at his place when another friend called us to meet them at the local shop (small town!)

It was nearing 10pm and we were bored out of our brains so we decided to take them up on their offer. We started walking down the road and then up next to the pine plantations which took you directly into town.

We had only walked approximately 300m on the track before i saw it. I saw its back legs and its (huge) tail. I swung my arm against my friends chest and said "Stop". He said "What was that" because had heard cracking of twigs (Or something like it) so we started jogging backwards which turned into a run. We ran off the track and onto the road which felt like about 400m when we heard a load BANG, like a gunshot from a .22 or something of the sort which made us run even faster, now.. im a smoker and im not very fit at all, but you couldnt stop me from running as fast as i did that night.

We told our friends and you guessed it, they thought we were lying.

Here is a map of where we walked:

img24.imageshack.us...

The next day, we walked down there (Looking for paw prints or anything) and on the way down or the first corner there was sheeps wool all over the fence. Me and my mate thought that maybe the cat was getting into the farmers sheep then ran away, he'd gone inside, grabbed the rifle and fired a warning shot or something.. we dont know.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by XeonSky]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Unfortunately those living outside of Australia wouldn't understand how bizarre it is to have a black pantha at large in the outback.

Fortunately I do.

I have seen footage of one and it is clear enough to be unmistakable so I'm inclined to believe you.

The question is, what the hell is it doing here and how is it still alive with shotgun-wielding farmers and so many highly venomous snakes? Not to mention the terrain.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Haha very true, and that i am unsure of!

Being 10pm at night it may have been hard for this guy to shoot it. Plus, there was only 1 gunshot fired, and that was about 30-40 seconds after we saw it.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Well, after you stated you had seen footage, for the first time i went and had a browse on YouTube:

www.youtube.com...

That is Gippsland, where i live, and the town where my friend lives.. Tyers.

new topics

top topics

join