It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and Ancient Art.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Many unusual things have been depicted in various artworks, dating back hundreds of years. These objects look very similer to what some might consider Unidentified Flying Objects.

It is my belief, the people who witnessed these anomalies may have attributed them to something religious. I think it was the only way for them to explain what these things were.

It could also explain why many of these paintings have a religious theme.

Were these people seeing nothing more then ufos, operated by intelligent beings?

If tomorrow, some guy starts going around and telling people he just saw angels flying on top of a golden chariot and that they spoke to him. People would think he was crazy.

500 years ago, if someone reported a wheel like object flying around, landed and little grey people came out, telling the man they were from zeti reticuli, he probably would have been jailed, tortured and then burned alive.

This one is "The Baptism of Christ". Painted by Aert De Gelder in 1710. It depicts a classic, saucer shaped object shining beams of light down on John the Baptist and Jesus.

Painted by Visoki Decani Monestary in 1350, shows two flying objects with pilots. They also appear to be operating controls.

Painted by Carlo Crivelli in 1486. A disk shaped obect, or heavenly vortex. Appears to be shining a beam of light through the house wall and down onto the top of Mary's head.

From the 10th Century Tibetan translation of the Sanskrit text "Prajnaparamita Sutra". You can see two saucer shaped objects.

"Indian Vedic texts are full of descriptions of Vimanas. The Ramayana describes Vimanas as a double decked, circular or cylindrical aircraft with portholes and a dome. It flew with "the speed of the wind" and gave forth a "melodious sound."

The prajnaparamita description is not from my own research. But from
lithiumdreamer.tripod.com...

As you can see people have been painting weird things in the skies for hundreds of years.

Are these from an overactive imagination, swamp gas or angels from heaven?

[edit on 17-4-2009 by phrankie79]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I like this subject. I find it very intriguing that our ancestors may have been blessed with the knowledge of life in te cosmos. I posted a couple of videos about this same subject a few minutes ago. You might wanna check the videos out, they may show you something you haven't seen yet.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Yes, a very interesting subject indeed. The more you read up on it, the more plausible it becomes

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I didn't even see your thread when i logged in this evening. Maybe they can be merged or something.

top topics

join