It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The current media war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed there is a mainstream news war going on? News networks seem to really be at each others throats lately. More so than normal these riffs between talking heads is becoming more serious and they are taking us with them. Take for instance O’Reilly and Olbermann. They’ve been at it for a while but the difference now is, the people are drawing lines in the sand and starting to wake up, and the heads are taking sides influencing a lot of people. People are turning off reality T.V. and thankfully paying attention now. The bashings between networks is going to have an effect on the people.

MSNBC is using the race angle as a reason for the Teabag protests and slamming the right. If not sooner, the 4th of July is going to be the next feeding frenzy for them. They seem to be focusing our attention on the past administration. Today it was the torture memoirs and the flaming of Bush and Co. Don’t get me wrong there’s definitely room for blame but I ask them this; What is worse, the crime or the lack of nuts to uphold the Constitution and prosecute that crime. Our former Tsar and his comrades should be charged and tried. This appeals to a certain viewer and has an influence on them when dealing with a republican.

CNN is busy misdirecting the public leading out with Casey Anthony and Portuguese water dogs and other pointless interest stories. When they get to the important issues they uphold the fear of the right and gloat to the left. Partisan infotainment second only to Fox, according to the ratings. I’m sure that’s important to someone but it doesn’t affect my viewing decisions, I’m a flip till I find something pertinent type of viewer. Point is they need to get real, get in the trenches and report real issues affecting Americans if they want back up on top. They are ostracizing the middle class calling them right winged extremist or equating dissension to anti-American on some level.

Fox has masterfully jumped on the patriotic American fan tail and is using that as a platform against the other networks slinging as much mud as possible for the ratings. They have mastered neurolinguistic programming and have seduced the masses with their admittedly HOT, talking torsos. Fox fills the gaps with the Archangel Nancy Grace, the impotent Glen Beck and Greta Van who cares. Unfortunately they appeal to a little bit of everybody and have the floor when it comes to influence.

CNBC is expecting the storm of the century. By raising the storm flags and telling everybody to batten down the hatches and conserve in every aspect of our lives they’ve scared a lot of people, shut down our consumerism and in some ways influenced where our money gets distributed.

So I guess my point to all of this is that Mainstream Infotainment News have taken sides and they are taking America with them. This has all the earmarks of an historical event in the making. We’re being divided. If not one way then another, race, money, political affiliation, morals, religion, borders, rights. You name it, it’s a divide and conquer tactic being waged against the people by the media.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by The Undertaker]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Here's a prime example being discussed in another thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Clueless reporter with CNN.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
What better way to polarize the population than to polarize the media they watch. You'll have people arguing over things that aren't remotely important. All you had to do was watch the different networks coverage of the tea parties to notice they are all marginalizing the movement in one way or the other. Fox news is trying to hijack the movement, while CNN and MSNBC call those attending fringe right-wingers. What a crock.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Seems that the general idea of this is to pit people against each other. Most people get so caught up in the media fueled 'right vs. left' fight that they don't see there are actually other sides to the debate (for example, the Libertarian perspective). The MSM wants to keep it this way. It's just another distraction tactic.

TheAssociate

top topics

join