It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I get it all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The world. A self contrived vision of paradise through a dreamworld ultimately created by millenia of self created illusions and trepodations.

The self. A contrived unit of displaced thoughts ignorant against a body of logic and reasonablity.

The real. Stifled because of war and falsely implied realities out of ignorance of a bigger friggen picture of the way life will be and is.

Take that reality.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Someone once said "reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it."

How do you feel about that statement? Is it in line with you philosophy?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
why don't you look into "nonduality" then when you try wrapping your head around it, for days, weeks, months ...and then your head gives up, then it will be there for the you that isn't you to see for yourself.

Everything else besides nonduality is nonsense

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
why don't you look into "nonduality" then when you try wrapping your head around it, for days, weeks, months ...and then your head gives up, then it will be there for the you that isn't you to see for yourself.

Everything else besides nonduality is nonsense

Look for the absent..rotation. I always lately equate my perceptual reality to the basics of electric flows because that is real.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by mastermind77]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yes, but who is " I " ? What part of "you" is that part that is the "I" ?

Wrap your head around that irregardless of electrical flows(which is just more separation"

When you are thinking, how do you know you are thinking. When you stop thinking, which part of you knows you have stopped thinking?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
When you are thinking, how do you know you are thinking. When you stop thinking, which part of you knows you have stopped thinking?

I have never been able to achieve a state of non-thought. Have you? If so, I am curious what it was like. How did you know you weren't thinking?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The thinking mind which isn't you, but a tool used to think, can only focus on 1 thing at a time.

So be aware of both your hands at the same time, this short-circuits the mind/thought and for that briefness, there is no thought. Soon as you start thinking, "wow!!!! so this is no thought" that is the mind (which isn't you" thinking again, so go back to awareness of 2 hands

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
That is an interesting exercise. Hrmm. So, if 'thinking' is just a tool, what is controlling thought?

Not baiting you; this is interesting.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

That is an interesting exercise Hrmm. So, if 'thinking' is just a tool, what is controlling thought?

Well, thats a good question. Its up to each individual to take this further. You can say the mind has a mind of its own, especially when its just randomly creating thoughts, some like to call the monkey mind.

Funny thing is, when you become aware of the mind and aware that the mind thought that it was "you" many cool and strange things take place. Little by little, your awareness becomes aware of alll of the minds decietfulness, and trickery, and other BS. It claws away to try and regain the falsity of being the "I" and many times it will trick you back into that role.

But, as you stay more and more aware of it and what it does, you start to take control of the reigns of thought. Granted, this is fairly new to me too, but I've gotten to a point of being aware of every single dream in a night, so many that, "the mind" forgets them all.

Of course the ultimate question is what is awareness. Is awareness the "I" that is aware of the mind? Or is awareness another tool like the mind is, of an even subtler or greater aspect of ourselves. Have yet to crack that one, though it seems as if its already obvious somewhere.

We've all been claiming to "know" things for so long, and yet we hardly know ourselves.

Self inquiry my friend.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
i am a collection of memorys in a biological computer designed through darwinistic causality. God is causality. Reality is fractal. each resolution of reality is vastly differnt in time scales getting faster as you curve towards the singularity.

There is no magic... only techonology. No gods... only an infinite amount of lifeforms all built by the same processes all in varying stages of evolution and understanding.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

i am a collection of memorys in a biological computer designed through darwinistic causality

The collection of memories is in the mind. Are you the mind? If so, then how is it you can be aware of the mind and its thinking and its creating thoughts and its process of retrieving memories?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Someone once said "reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it."

How do you feel about that statement? Is it in line with you philosophy?

He didn't stopped believing hard enough
I wouldn't advise anyone to try it though, especially if you have wife and kids.

Side effects include walking like drunk, losing all sense of logic (this is without taking drugs, drink, nothing, just pure thinking)so yes it's ill-advised when you're with someone.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Side effects include walking like drunk, losing all sense of logic (this is without taking drugs, drink, nothing, just pure thinking)so yes it's ill-advised when you're with someone.

Lol, hey why you scaring him? And everyone else?

Isn't it important to break the mind and find out who we all really are?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
because i have memories of remembering memories. this is self reflection.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
there is no you
the thoughts are the 'thinker'
they just happen

top topics

join