It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Ufo Sitings Explaned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
aol.com There is a story on aol.com top news section about 5 former employees of Area 51 who were interviewed by The LA Times. Some of these people worked there for decades. A covert spy plane, the A-12 Oxcart, is said to have been what people saw in the skys over the instalation. It was reported that these craft had a disc shape and could travel at 2,000 mph! One of the men, Thorton "T.D." Barnes, 72, stated he conducted his work underground there. It is an interesting story, one of the men is 86yrs old. What my question would be is if we had something like that what in the heck do we use it for, and does it have a purpose. Take a look at the story and see what you think.

[edit on 4/16/2009 by PammyK]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
here is a purpose the us mail and ebay i recently sold stuff there and need to snail mail it out if i could just zip it along at 2000 mph that would be awesome.

maybe we have fast stuff but that old man has his numbers mixed up or added a zero. after all someone would have to pilot that craft.

personally i am more interested in these super humans if they exist and the tech that kept them alive, there are theories on hwo to make stuff go that fast but who were the ones flying them??? what the hell kind of fuel are they using? sounds like all bogus crap from attention whores to me rather than facts. hey i know next time they come forward do it with supporting documents and not just he said she said. call me old fashioned but thats how ti works.

and if they went that fast why is fedex charge so much for overnight delivery!!!!

if this is real then we need to raise the price of stamps and get this tech public and make some profit on it. but since it isnt real i can still dream of when it will be. underground maglev delivery systems would be more efficient.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hi,

Project Oxcart A-12 is well known - this was a replacement for the U-2 and used for spying both by the military and the CIA. I have provided a thread below. It was by no means disc shaped. There are several on show in museums.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
And theres the fact that the Oxcart can't hover, move without noise, travel straight up, and of course it doesn't even closely resemble any type of Ufo.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

The link goes to an SR-71 thread. Interesting bit though, especially how the plane leaks so much before take off due to in-flight expansion. Expanding an inch while in flight! How did it ever hold any liquid at all?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Hi,

Hmmmm! Project Oxcart involved the design of the A-12 a derivitive of which was the Blackbird or SR-71. See link below.

en.wikipedia.org...

However, found a link to another A-12 project - apparently cancelled in 1991;

en.wikipedia.org...

Think the interviewees were discussing the development of the first.

Peace!

new topics

top topics

join