It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC Tea Party 10 worst signs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't watch CNBC but talk about Ignorance!. I wished I had attended one of these Tea Parties, unfortunately, I was sitting on the side of the road with a broken rear axle. but regardless, I wanted to go into Youtube to catch up on the protest when I stumbled on this video.

If you don't like getting pissed off don't watch this video.

I kinda liked some of the signs including the gun sign, and will we even have guns tomorrow or not.

This guy is a boil on America, What do you think......

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This is a great find. It shows what the MSM thinks of us. They want to call us crazy, and discredit honest criticism of the current administration by calling us names.

Sure, those signs were nutty, but I am sure that most people were like me, moderate, middle of the road people who are pissed off at the government taking out tax money and giving it away to their rich buddies.

Most of the people on this site who have been criticizing the government's conduct recognize that Bush was bad, and Obama is also bad. This isn't a partisan thing. Taking our money and giving it away is bad no matter which party does it.

I went to the protests when the Republican Nominating convention came to New York in 2004. There were plenty middle of the road, Bush hating democrats there, but there were all kinds of leftist nut jobs present as well. There were people preaching for Communism, and anarchy at these anti-bush rallies. I am sure no one would say that everyone who was against Bush was a Communist or anarchist.

If you go to any political rally, you'll find crazy people. That’s not the point. Most of the People at these "Tea Parties" probably wouldn't even consider themselves republican. I am sure there were democrats, independents, libertarians, and republicans at these rallies. This is just a ploy by the MSM and TPTB to divide and conquer us.

The bottom line is that these protests were about government waste. If being against that is crazy, then give me a strap jacket. And why can't you be both rational, and not like Obama and his agenda? I don’t think that those two things are mutually exclusive.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Sure, protests will bring 'crazy' people together.... But the way I see it, these people are practicing their right to Free Speech, even if it's with a sick sense of humour. I respect these people protesting however they want.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

You would think by now protests mean nothing if you dont have the media to back you up.

You are now just making yourself look stupid and/or wasting your time. It would be better spent actually doing something about it like helping people in need or something if you want to be all about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't care for any of those signs...people should know that you cannot put the word Obama on a sign anyway because it will be shown as anti obama..regardless of the point you are getting across.

Some of the signs were ridiculous..most of the people that were out there were just railing against government spending or the federal reserve.

Of course the hard core nutters are going to show up and taint the message.

This guy is a stooge and trying to portray everyone as being this way.

The left was all over Bush with this same kind of thing as well...but that still doesn't make it moral for people to make signs like this too...although they have that right to do so.

IF they were smart enough they would realize that this will automatically put people in "defend their vote" mode and put them on the defensive..then offensive.

But quite honestly...the media has been foaming at the mouth for a chance to bash the protests anyway...so it's not surprising to say the least.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
edit - improper video link

[edit on 4/17/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Sure, as pointed out, crazies come out of the woodwork at these sorts of things.

But, since I haven't seen it mentioned yet....it strikes me that in all of the coverage, regardless of the news source, I haven't seen one person of color (excepting the effigies).

It is particularly silly, this 'tea party' event, when I'd wager that the majority there didn't even know the historical significance. I mean, Glenn Beck (!?!) making a big deal out of being at the Alamo???

Talk about intellectual disconnect....

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
"The Young Turk" is a complete idiot, and I say this with the experience of having viewed many of his so called broadcasts over an extended period of time. In my view, he represents the pinnacle of arrogance and condescension which seems all too prevalent within my generation.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I am not going to dismiss any protester as nutters. I have respect for every person that gets out there to make their voice heard. Freedom of Speech still exists, for us to make whatever statement we deem important to us.

Who is going to start deciding who can go out to say what they want, and who can't??

The media can call the protesters anti-whatever-they-want. The way I see it, the government has been trying for quite a while, to piss off as many of us in as many different ways as they can.

To be honest, Obama has taken the job of being the face of government (the entity upsetting people), and it MIGHT make him open to ridicule. Or is that not legal in the US?

I don't think Obama kills babies, like one sign said.... And I am not out protesting, because I think these people are misguided. The reasons are misguided. But they are not being violent... and it seems like the government has been trying to make ALL OF US appear to be anti-this, or anti-that. No matter what we do, they are going to keep labeling us what they want to.

Bah, rant over.

EDIT: Lol Seems David said some of what I wanted to say, already.... But, it seems like more of us are a "potential threat" by the day, doesn't it?

[edit on 17-4-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
here are some better ones

If you can get beyond the crappy music there are some very good ones in here.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Sure, as pointed out, crazies come out of the woodwork at these sorts of things.

But, since I haven't seen it mentioned yet....it strikes me that in all of the coverage, regardless of the news source, I haven't seen one person of color (excepting the effigies).

It is particularly silly, this 'tea party' event, when I'd wager that the majority there didn't even know the historical significance. I mean, Glenn Beck (!?!) making a big deal out of being at the Alamo???

First of all, who cares whether you see someone of "color" or not, do you need a "Rainbow Coalition" in order for a gathering to be declared official and legitimate?

Second, you must be extremely naive to somehow believe that those in attendance at these events did not realize nor accept the significance behind their representative actions.

Third, what was wrong with Glenn Beck discussing a relevance towards the Alamo? The Alamo was a final stand for Freedom and Unity against an oppressive and seemingly superior force. I see plenty of relevance in such a connection, even more so given the commentary by Governor Perry during the event of concern.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
As for the people of "color" attending the "tea parties".... Check out Tentickle's thread talking about what he witnessed in his local Texas protests!

Seems like being upset at today's going-ons are not bound to any color, religion, or political party.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
This is a great find. It shows what the MSM thinks of us. They want to call us crazy, and discredit honest criticism of the current administration by calling us names....

That isn't easy to do?

I said it and then watched Jon Stewart say it, protest wasteful spending...with wasteful spending! And the slogan is "Tea-Bag Congress!" I mean, what a joke. I realize you have to start somewhere, but what a pathetic display of outrage. Pathetic!

www.thedailyshow.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

plucky, that was the vid I was trying to bring!!

Oh, well....the 'Moment of Zen' was the best...the woman who didn't want to talk to John Oliver because Jon Stewart is a "Jewdich" (?) and a "communist"!!!! Funny, if it wasn't so stupid.

Oh, and Agent19? Hmmmm...everyone defending the Alamo died, as I recall.....the Mexicans killed them. I do not see the relevance. It was NOT their own Gov't....

Ya know, to have better brought this sort of 'protest' in line with modern events would have been to use cigarettes instead. Remember the reason for the Boston Tea Party?? It involved taxes.....ON the tea. Not 'income' taxes, not 'State' taxes, but anger at the increasing cost of tea, and knowing that the Crown had the Colonists 'over the barrel' in that they controlled the trade of tea. (Maybe that's why Americans drink more coffee now....comes from the same Continent...)

*EDIT*...Here's a take on it that maybe hasn't been examined yet....

Under Bush, there were tremendous tax cuts for the top 2% of individuals in the USA....new tax plans suggest increasing THOSE people's taxes by 3%, and REDUCING taxes for earners making less than $250K.

Now, stay with my logic...the 'elites' whipped up this frenzy by cleverly dropping hints and preying on the Fox 'hounds' and Rush 'dittoheads'....this is, purely, a self-serving ploy by rich people to use those who THEY consider to be 'beneath' them.

Now, I don't want any on ATS who attended, or who go along with these concepts that spawned this 'grass roots movement' to be offended. Ijust ask everyone to count to ten, and think about how easy it is for Media to manipulate a large group of people.

Finally, consider: In the former USSR propangda was, mostly, seen for what it was by most of the people, but THEY had no right to speak up....just knuckle under and bear it.

What we must guard against is the more subtle machinations that exist in a 'free society' as we have now. I'm reminded of Mary Kelly's "Frankenstein"....rabble-rouse the mob, and they attack with pitchforks and torches......

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have a childhood friend that's like these types. Actually I got sick of listening to all his B.S. that he recites verbatim from Fox News, Cheney, and Rove and don't even talk to him anymore. Divided we fall? I think we're just about there, heh?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Too right, being from uk, i do not know what the event means in relation to history of your country. But teh media makes me laugh when know it alls, know nothing.

These things are going to do nothing anyway, and the american people will do nothing, as they are just so tightly controlled. If you watch russia today on youtube, you can see that they mention it may of been organised by some companies. I doubt many that attended even know what they are there for. they will just go back to watching american idol.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
I am not going to dismiss any protester as nutters. I have respect for every person that gets out there to make their voice heard. Freedom of Speech still exists, for us to make whatever statement we deem important to us.

Yo got that right, all those people have a right to protest and whether you agree with there signs or not, they still had the right to say those things.

That geezer makes me alugh. He is the type that says, freedom of speech is only for people who agree with him, and the media, lol.

I think its funny how the media, is trying to marginalise the crowd as racists. I wonder if some where just provocateurs, there to just show the cameras.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Who is this guy??? Geesh......

However, this started with the recent domestic terrorist propaganda. All they are doing is demonizing people who are for the Constitution & speaking out against what the gov is doing to the gullible masses watching them on a daily basis.

I really fell like things are going to get REAL bad for people that question the gov & support the Constitution.........

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

These things are going to do nothing anyway, and the american people will do nothing, as they are just so tightly controlled. If you watch russia today on youtube, you can see that they mention it may of been organised by some companies. I doubt many that attended even know what they are there for. they will just go back to watching american idol.

Not according to Gerald Celente! This man has been pretty right on for a long, long time now....

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I saw a lot of excellent witty signs. A couple I remember were "Why do I feel like a boat passing by Somalia" and another was "I'll keep my money and my guns and Washington can keep their change". I did see a few Obama is a fascist type signs - the holders of those are just as bright as a CNN reporter. No idea what the protest is about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join