It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's too late to apologize.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
After watching this video...it struck a chord with me..not just because of the song...but the images in the video itself.

Why do we keep waging war and killing innocent people? We do we keep risking the lives of our soldiers for reasons our government and politicians lead us to believe.

Why?

Why are we letting government get so big that it uses US to wage war...to bailout banks...to push unfair legislation on the minorities of this country...in which all of us are in the minority of something.

Why?

Why do we keep letting our government strip away our freedoms just so we can say we support one party or the other?

Why?

Why can't we stop? Why can't we just live within our borders and take care of our own? Why can't we let the rest of the world decide their own fates.

Why do we let the federal reserve steal from us and inflate our money..making us all more poor with each passing day.

This is an old video...which was made as sort of a dedication to the Tea parties started by RP supporters in 2007. I don't know if some of you have seen this before or not...but even if you have..it's worth watching again.

I'm sick of what our government has done to the citizens of this country...the image they've protrayed of us to the rest of the world...and the oppression and death they have caused.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I'm sick of what our government has done to the citizens of this country...the image they've protrayed of us to the rest of the world...and the oppression and death they have caused.

I won't defend the US when it comes to the innocent lives that we have taken, nor will I defend the US on the economic chaos it has brought upon us and the wrongs it has done to its own citizens.

However, I will defend the US. She ain't perfect by no mean. She has evil in her just like any other country. She can be your best friend and worst enemy at the same time. But in the end she is still my country. And I swear that I have yet to find another country just like her.

Have you?

As bad as things are, things could be 10 times worst if I were elsewhere. I prefer to stay in the US, even with her faults.

No disrespect meant.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Star and flag! I'm with ya! What gives?
I hate to keep bringing this up but, money is #1!

Anything else is considered later after the profits are calculated.
This country runs on greed, intolerance, indifference and apathy.
But mostly just on good ol greed! It is the bs that binds us.
Everything and anything else-including and especially-people are
secondary. Ah, makes you so proud dont it?
This explains it:www.youtube.com...

Oops, potty talk alert! beep, beep, beep!
He says bad words like bush, colin, dick, foreign policy, etc.

Ya, I love this country, how it used to be!
I love the rights we USED to have!
I love the bitchin' monetary and foreign policy we used to have!
I love the original idea the founding fathers had,
what do we have now?......

One big greedy corporation with a great big flag pole!

[edit on 16-4-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

However, I will defend the US.

Jam...i love my country..i know just about everyone here loves their country. The people in this country are for the most part good, honest, hard working, and care for others. We give more to other countries than anyone else in the world.

The problem is that the government is killing the people...both figuratively and literally.

I know that we have it better than anywhere else...but we are on the road to losing it.

I know you don't mean any disrespect..I don't either.

Things were just never supposed to be this way...none of this was intended when this country was created.

We need to get back to what made us a good country..and i know that many of us want that...but our government is putting us in horrible positions and standing with the rest of the world...not to mention disenfranchising many of the people who have awakened from their slumber..as I have.

I want real change.
I want our government to symbolize what we think it should...freedom and liberty for all.

It doesn't anymore man.

We all keep getting beat up..and we don't deserve it.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I know.

Everything is so screwed up....what's bad is that it's easy not to notice it if you aren't looking for it...or if someone doesn't try to show you how it all really is...and how far we have strayed for what we once stood for.

Liberals are going to regret the day when a freakin republican gets into office..or Congress...with all of the new power they are receiving.

It's going to backfire on them...and hurt the people of this country even more.

I'm just tired of it.

We need to break the cycle...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
After watching this video...it struck a chord with me..not just because of the song...but the images in the video itself.

Why do we keep waging war and killing innocent people? We do we keep risking the lives of our soldiers for reasons our government and politicians lead us to believe.

Why?

Why are we letting government get so big that it uses US to wage war...to bailout banks...to push unfair legislation on the minorities of this country...in which all of us are in the minority of something.

Why?

Why do we keep letting our government strip away our freedoms just so we can say we support one party or the other?

Why?

Why can't we stop? Why can't we just live within our borders and take care of our own? Why can't we let the rest of the world decide their own fates.

Why do we let the federal reserve steal from us and inflate our money..making us all more poor with each passing day.

This is an old video...which was made as sort of a dedication to the Tea parties started by RP supporters in 2007. I don't know if some of you have seen this before or not...but even if you have..it's worth watching again.

Why? Cause mainstream media convinced over 80% of the population to agree to the acts of a high jacked government.

Media is literally an essential ingredient to making every single one of your "why's" take place.

That's why, it's frustrating for me to see people labeling themselves as "Constitution supporters" when they push mainstream media propaganda in their threads.

Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I don't question your love for this country. I see you trying to rally the cry with every thread you make.

In a sad way you answer you own questions with this

Why do we keep letting our government

In the end we are to blame. We keep electing lifetime politicians, Presidents that play us, hold nobody accountable, fight over left/right, dem/rep, my race/your race and any other issue that divide us.

Yes, we do complain and we complain quite loudly and quite often. Unfortunately that is all we will ever do. Just like that first bailout, we complained hard about that and what good did it do us? They passed it anyway and the next day we were off to the next news story that was headlining.

There are many reasons we don't do more or should I say why we keep letting government do what it wants. Some of us are law abiding, some of us don't want no trouble, some of us or love ones receive help from the government, some of us are afraid of the unknown or change, and there are many more reasons that could be added to this list.

I really don't have the answers to correct what America faces and I honestly believe I am not the only one feeling this way.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Thank you for all your posts and ideas on these threads!
And for your reply! I wonder if thats one of the big reasons
for 2012. Thats when we officially go off the deep end.
Thats enough time to make it seem like the NWO is the end all to be all for most.
The peeps will go along willingly. everybody will be so freaked out by then.
If the repub war mongers get control again, we are done for.
Either way we can argue right or left but
the game is being played the same by both sides regardless.
The country will be so split and torn by then, that must be what they want.
Either that or we just got some real winners in charge!
Either way it doesnt look good. And I dont just say that cuz of my name!
Anyone who thinks war is the answer I dont trust.
Kinda reminds me of the caveman days.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You know the old gal has a few more good years in her. Why is everybody walking around like it's a funeral? We allowed all this BS to go on and sit on the sidelines and did nothing.

We sat there not paying attention as war was made in our name and We sat there while blood was being shed for our supposed safety.

We can take it all back if We decide We are freaking mad as hell and are not going to take it anymore.

I remember reading something that started with the phrase someplace.

Something very old and precious

We the People....

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Media is literally an essential ingredient to making every single one of your "why's" take place. That's why, it's frustrating for me to see people labeling themselves as "Constitution supporters" when they push mainstream media propaganda in their threads.

Are you trying to call me a fraud? Is that what the purpose of that post was? Because i've posted videos from MSM?

If it's something I agree with...when it comes to the Constitution....then i will put it up.

Not much to agree with lately. I know all the freaking media is biased...I watched as Hannity turned the tea party he was in at Atlanta into a Republican sideshow with Newt Gingrich thrown in for good measure...it was sickening.

The worst part of it all was the fact that there were thousands of people at these protests that were protesting the federal reserve...signs all over the place...and none were heard...except one...which was on GB..and it was heard because it was on live television.

Beck is as biased as everyone else....you are biased...I am biased...everyone is biased in their opinions.

The MSM gives little tidbits of truth..mostly masked with lies or diversion..i know that you can't trust everythign that is said...you don't have to tell me.

Now are you done with attacking me for what I believe or are you willing to let it go?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I am proud to consider you all an American!
Not left or right or blue or green!
I agree, WE are to blame as much as anyone!
And anyone who doesn't agree is deluding themselves.
Somehow we participate whether we buy their junk or
fill our cars with foreign gas! The choice is ours.......

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
well if facing invasion it would be necesary to fight to prevent being killed by or stop a nasty worse govt. But living in america we have it or had it better than most not as good as some. But that was part of their tricky ways. keeping us satisfied and fat and happily diverted and pursuing material things while they go off and murder and pillage even inducing(with lies) us to do the3 fighting in their open wars ,(viet nam, iraq ww1 ww2 spanish american)well I cannot defend soemthing that is oh so wong. this whole system is rotten from the top down and it has been run by the same people behind the scenes for a long time.at the top they are all one doesnt matter what country they are from.america bankrolled the russian revolution, built stalins industries with arm and hammer in his office across from stalins, enabled pol pots nasty behaviour with dinner at the white ,sold weapons yto indonesia so they could massacre the east timorese people.on and on and on.the people running aMERICA are not seen much but do indeed run it. like warburgs, and similar types better and less well known. war does the common people not one bit of good, t only enrishes and consolidates the powers of the elite and realighns world structure,usually at millions dead.we have never had cities bombed,had millions and millions of civilians und soldats die and i never want to see this sytem come to its fruition , it has been a nasty business since columbus,not to mention before as well.you cannot ignore millions of innocents massacred in pursuing the elites agendas .

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I remember reading something that started with the phrase someplace.

Something very old and precious

We the People....

Nice touch Slayer

only problem with that is...

The elected people who wrote that then

Are having it bastardized by elected people now...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Media is literally an essential ingredient to making every single one of your "why's" take place. That's why, it's frustrating for me to see people labeling themselves as "Constitution supporters" when they push mainstream media propaganda in their threads.

Are you trying to call me a fraud? Is that what the purpose of that post was? Because i've posted videos from MSM?

If it's something I agree with...when it comes to the Constitution....then i will put it up.

Not much to agree with lately. I know all the freaking media is biased...I watched as Hannity turned the tea party he was in at Atlanta into a Republican sideshow with Newt Gingrich thrown in for good measure...it was sickening.

The worst part of it all was the fact that there were thousands of people at these protests that were protesting the federal reserve...signs all over the place...and none were heard...except one...which was on GB..and it was heard because it was on live television.

Beck is as biased as everyone else....you are biased...I am biased...everyone is biased in their opinions.

The MSM gives little tidbits of truth..mostly masked with lies or diversion..i know that you can't trust everythign that is said...you don't have to tell me.

Now are you done with attacking me for what I believe or are you willing to let it go?

Listen David, to be honest I have specifically always pointed out when you contradict yourself. Personally, I think my reasoning, was entirely your little label "constitutional supporter"

Now please, to resolve the entire matter, just follow me for a minute here and try and see how I see things.

- I see, a person claiming to be a constitutional supporter. To me, this means exposing those who wish to harm the constitution, does it not?

- Then I see, on your one hand, support for the constitution in some threads, but then on the other hand, at the exact same time, I see support for those who are critical to the destruction of the constitution.

- Main stream media, as I just mentioned is the ESSENTIAL ingredient for governmental abuse. If the media WAS NOT HERE, distracting us, and feeding us garbage we would all be in the streets shouting hang them!

So for me, to hear your official stance, then see you support ANY form of mainstream media, who are the reason this stuff goes on, is seen as a contradiction.

I never wanted to attack or belittle you, I honestly just wanted to point out to you those contradictions. Do your part for defending the constitution by not supporting Main stream media in any form, and most importantly FOX AND CNN (there are other, I know..). If you want to defend your constitution, tell your family, your friends, your boss, anyone who will listen, that MSM is not in anyone's best interest. They are simply there to keep you distracted, while the government rapes and pillages all without media scrutiny.

And that my friend, is why you should not watch fox, push fox, or any other form of media. Cause you support one, then you support their entire crooked empire.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

There are many reasons we don't do more or should I say why we keep letting government do what it wants. Some of us are law abiding, some of us don't want no trouble, some of us or love ones receive help from the government, some of us are afraid of the unknown or change, and there are many more reasons that could be added to this list. I really don't have the answers to correct what America faces and I honestly believe I am not the only one feeling this way.

You're right...another reason why we don't do anything is because even those of us that are working can't take the time off to be more vocal.

I just hope these tea parties don't result in more of the same...and i'm afraid it's going to..which is why I think it's so important to keep talking to people about it.

Seeing so many in the crowds talking about the federal reserve was a good thing...but none of the people covering it would really recognize it...but the signs were there...thousands of them.

I think things would change...unfortunately we aren't there yet.. I wish we were.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'm kind of new here (was naturalized some 15 years ago,lol) but from what I observed, as someone who was never brainwashed by dem/rep or any other kind of propaganda in my youth, ya all do not care about long term goals of this nation...

People are turned against each other and brainwashed into thinking if you work really, really hard and not care about how others make it, you gonna have a lil' of that FAKE promise called AMERICAN DREAM.

Our representatives here do not have long term goals which are beneficial to ALL the people, but the opposite, the only ones they have is to put more money in their own pockets and pockets of big corporations, and yet, they are elected year after year (by the sheeple) based on silly and idiotic things like abortion stance, are they Christians, are they gonna say that they are gonna lower the taxes but none of them EVER do and EVERYBODY knows it, lol.

The only people who I believe EVER had long term goals beneficial to all and VISION to make this country a greatest nation on the planet are those who wrote our constitution

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xtiml

dont forget we set up the taliban in afganistan during the
russian invasion and also we set up saddam with weapons!
Then they turn around and use them on us? And we are surprised?
(thats all according to official sources, what REALLY happened I always wonder) with all the crazy things were told is it no wonder were skeptical?

5th element, thats very astute of you! Welcome!
Indeed our energy policy is to beg the saudis to pump more!

That is one MAJOR reason for war also! Once again, money.....
Our energy policy is a perfect example of what you said!Great point!

We are too busy spending the future away to actually plan for it!

bush was right about one thing, we really are addicted to oil!
And thats coming FROM an oilman!

He should then know, right?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I see support for those who are critical to the destruction of the constitution.

What? How am i supporting those who want to destroy the Constitution? Is this just because i've posted some GB videos?

Come on man.

I rail against what is said on television to people all the time..especially those I work with..and family. I always tell people to be critical of everything that is said on tv.

People here on ATS are smart enough to know what the MSM does and I don't need to tell them that.

I'm still not sure what you are getting at...please u2u me so we don't sidetrack the thread any longer.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

dont forget we set up the taliban in afganistan during the russian invasion and also we set up saddam with weapons!

Exactly...i've gone onto the 912project website declaring this...telling them that our government has been creating our enemies by arming them for US interests...and then turning on them.

I've been blasted for it...called a liberal and told to go back to watching MSNBC and CNN.

I think everyone on ATS knows that i'm not a liberal.

I've been blasted as well for sticking up for gay rights..as they have the same rights as everyone else...sex/skin/religion...it doesn't matter...a US citizen is a US citizen..period.

Freedom to the individual..no matter how vile someone may think someone is...as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others.

They say they are conservative...but they must not know what a conservative really is...small government, no war, freedom to the individual.

They only support it when it goes along with their own beliefs. People need to learn to be tolerant of others.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Exactly...i've gone onto the 912project website declaring this...telling them that our government has been creating our enemies by arming them for US interests...and then turning on them.

Really? Wow! The facts are there, its not some big conspiracy.
I guess its like the holocaust. You hear some claim it never happened.
I guess if your 15 years old and you dont study history how would you even know?
Before their time type of thing.
I am just worried we will make the same mistakes which apparently
it seems we are. I'm just going by the crazy stuff people do and say.
I sure hear strictly one side of the coin.
Like if your an environmentalist you will be shot, I have heard this from coworkers.
Like what if there sister or mother cares about clean water?
Its always the hunters screaming the loudest, even though the environmentalists are the only ones standing with them to HAVE something to hunt! What does that make me? Someone who cares about life or whatever label seems to fit the box we are always trying to stuff me in.....
Good luck there. btw, yes I own guns.

I've been blasted as well for sticking up for gay rights..as they have the same rights as everyone else...sex/skin/religion...it doesn't matter...a US citizen is a US citizen..period.

Thanks for your comments! I agree totally! Kudos for sticking up!
Regardless of if we feel if its right or wrong it is not ours to judge!
We have to be civil and tolerant or we fail as a nation.....

I dont always stick up and Im not proud but I live my life peacefully unlike
so many that are one paycheck away from disaster. But I dont like to be shot either.
I seen the coming s*** storm and prepared anywho!
While others mortgaged their lives away to the banker gods I played it smart, safe, sane and low rent.
Once again thanks for the reply and stars(if you did)!

Obviously with my name I dont get many nor do I post seeking them,
only how I see things from my perspective. Peace.

BTW, I appologize OP, for not doing more when I could of.
I know you said its too late but heres mine anyway.
I appologize to the country for not sticking up for what I BELIEVE
as an American with just as much right as any to say so!

Fighting in the playground but we're all grow'd up!

Sorry bout the rant......

[edit on 17-4-2009 by dodadoom]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join