It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommorrows Fight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Just letting everybody know my son is fighting in the first of the three tournaments that determine the state champian in Arkansas.

He has won the last two years and looks better than ever this year.

I was gonna fight in my age group but have got too beat up training him........LOL

I will let yall know how it turns out

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Best of luck to your son. (not that he needs luck)

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Wish him well for me bro.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Give him my best wishes, too. I hope he does well. Update us when you know the results, please.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
"I was gonna fight in my age group but have got too beat up training him........LOL "

You should pick on someone your own age. Come on oldtimer, I got my walker oiled up.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Is this to do with a sport? well any sport get my
and good luck to your son Amuk.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Intrepid

Hell man I can barely move.......LOL

I am getting too old for this crap......LOL

Drunk

Its open style Karate, which means that they are dozens of styles competing for the same title

Thanks everyone for the well wishes I will tell him

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I used to do Tae Kwan Do i didnt get very far i finished on Yellow-Green belt.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Back and worn out.......LOL

He got third in "soft" combat and FIRST in "hard" combat

Thats my boy.....LOL

I got an achevement award that came as a complete suprise.

I will tell you more later right now I need a nap.......LOL

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Way to go Amuk and Amuk-son! Congrats to you both. I can't wait to hear the highlights. Hope you have a good rest and bounce back asap.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
He placed forth in Kata but our style doesnt have a flashy kata it is pure combat form

The soft form is more of a sport karate and is pretty much useless in real life, we call it flash and trash.....LOL

In hard kumite its full contact and is basicaly a controled street fight

Our school almost always wins this form because that is what we train for

We dont do weapons other than self deffence against knives and guns although I do teach combat handgun and shotgun.

What suprised me was the award to me for us teaching the police close combat and the work we do at the battered womens shelter it gave me a chance announce my semi-retirement and that soon my son will be teaching it all. ( he teaches most of it know)

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That is great news. Congrats to you and your son.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Congratulations on the tournament!

you teach police? i would like to more about the shotgun combat. well that is really cool.

what muscles would you say are the most responsible for lending speed and power to the punch. the anatomy of punch has always interested me, but i have not been able to find any satisfying info through google searches and the like. i mean it seems simple enough. but think that it is actually a complex process when look at all the things that happen in good strike.

also what if any weightlifting excersises would you recommed to increase punching power, or is actually punching on bags and sparring excersises the best way to develop this skill?

[Edited on 4/25/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Back and worn out.......LOL

He got third in "soft" combat and FIRST in "hard" combat

Thats my boy.....LOL

I got an achevement award that came as a complete suprise.

I will tell you more later right now I need a nap.......LOL
Congrats, Amuk, to your son, and you, too.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
Congratulations on the tournament!

you teach police? i would like to more about the shotgun combat. well that is really cool.

what muscles would you say are the most responsible for lending speed and power to the punch. the anatomy of punch has always interested me, but i have not been able to find any satisfying info through google searches and the like. i mean it seems simple enough. but think that it is actually a complex process when look at all the things that happen in good strike.

also what if any weightlifting excersises would you recommed to increase punching power, or is actually punching on bags and sparring excersises the best way to develop this skill?

[Edited on 4/25/2004 by panchovilla]

We teach police close quarters combat (or how to take some out close and quick.

We also teach little kids and women how to escape attackers.

Improving the speed and power of punches is both simple and complex....LOL

To begin with a punch starts with the hip, and sometimes the leg, on the side you are punching with, up through the lats snaping out with the arm through the first two knuckes of the fist. Its almost impossible to describe it but it is easily shown and after that just takes YEARS of pratice.....LOL

A short cut to developing speed and power is to wear weights when you work the bags it will help develop the right muscles and with out them your hands will move like lightining.

Another idea is to wrap a board in leather and start hitting it. easy at first then harder and harder then work your way up to a rock. After a while you will have HUGE callauses on your hands. use not only the fist but also the back of the hand and edges, you can even jab with your fingers but be VERY careful,the ideas is not to break or hurt your hands but to toughing them up and it takes a LONG time

Any more questions?

top topics

join