It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Lawsuit Filed Against Janet Napolitano and Homeland Security!

page: 1/
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Federal Lawsuit Filed Against Janet Napolitano and Homeland Security!

www.thomasmore.org

Federal Lawsuit Filed Against Janet Napolitano Over Homeland Security’s Rightwing Extremism PolicyApril 16, 2009
ANN ARBOR, MI – The Thomas More Law Center, a national public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, announced today that it has filed a federal lawsuit against Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. The lawsuit claims that her Department’s “Rightwing Extremism Policy,” as reflected in the recently publicized Intelligence Assessment, “Rightwing Extremism: Current Eco
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It seems that someone is looking to get an actual list of folks that do not meet the political mindset of our esteemed 'Fearless Leader' and his henchpeople! Although they have come out and said that they have a list of leftwingers also, that list only denoted Animal Rights activists organizations such as ARF and a few others that already have a history of violence. The new list and comments by this report is so vague and all encompassing that most of America could find themselves as individuals on some list to be denied their constitutional rights. It seems that's exactly what its meant to do, make criminals out of everyone so we can be controlled as they see fit!

Zindo

www.thomasmore.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Great for them!

I listen to Dr. Savage,on occasion, his views are sometimes a bit coarse for my liking. I have no doubt he does good things for the American public, whether the public likes it, or not.

I hope there can be found a sling large enough for Auntie Janet's posterior, and they place it within. I think her time might be limited at DHS, and she'll rue leaving Arizona...good riddance, she can stay out.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm noit a fan of Savage but I am in favor of getting to the real truth about why this document that is suppposed to be deceminated to our LEO's to give them a 'profile' of who to harrass and why its worded in such an inapropriate manner to include those that disagree with the path our government and this adminsitration is headed. Goebels would be proud of this!!
Zindo

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I believe judges will say that National security trumps the public right to know.

DHS will swear that releasing such information will endanger present and FUTURE possible investigations.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
SECDHS Napolitano is a complete [insert vulgar language here]....

I cannot believe the asinine nerve of this rotten individual in her blatant disregard for our returning MIL Vets. She truly needs to resign, and do so immediately. If the President has even an ounce of dignity or respect as well, he will initiate such actions.

I overheard a returning wounded OIF Veteran speaking to an individual on the radio today, and he stated to someone: "I went halfway around the World to fight terrorists, and to keep America safe, and now they're telling me that I might end up being the terrorist?!"

Thank you so much much for nothing you illegitimate hack of a Secretary. Napolitano is not even qualified in essence to work as an Office Secretary, much less an Appointed Department head. It is time for her to leave Office, and in fact, how about she just leaves the Nation entirely?

Good Riddance

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I believe judges will say that National security trumps the public right to know.

DHS will swear that releasing such information will endanger present and FUTURE possible investigations.

Is it not extremely ironic that even though this document may never completely witness the light of day, much in the same manner that the Non-Classified OLC Memo to Attorney General Holder (of the Un-Constitutionality behind Washington, D.C. receiving House Representation) is being withheld, that the current Administration finds it pertinent to expose sensitive CIA Documentation of Tactics and Procedures?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Good post, Zindo.

The eight or so page report was just a summation. A brief.

The actual report is much longer, and I hope one day we'll get to see what is in the actual report, as the summation brief was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

But. With this administration, I say that each week.

You want to see some folks on the warpath? Someone get that entire report released. So far, we have gun owners, all Catholics (pro-life), and all those listed are noted as the primary threat to the security of the US.

Al-Queda and Muslim fanatics are not as great a threat as ex-combat military.

I keep hoping to wake up and learn that last November, and everything since was just a horrible, horrible nighmare.

But I'm starting to think this is real, and that I'm really awake, and that Angelina Jolie actually isn't all that hot for me.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

In your research, Zindo, did you happen to run across any mention of former heads of the DHS under Fmr. Pres. Bush?

I heard, somewhere (was it Fox News???....nah!) that a very similar statement came out of the DHS in September 2008.

Really, to be 'fair and balanced' it's worth a look, just in case.

I mean, in all fairness....even with a change in Adminsistration, an agency as large as DHS will still have most of the same minions working there, digging up stuff and making recommendations. Especially if they want to keep looking busy and are hoping to keep their jobs.

Just thinkin' out loud....and hoping to keep a level head before going off half-cocked at a tea party....(ooops....teehee).

*EDIT*....after seeing dooper's post.....let me be perfectly clear here....I completely agree that ex-military are the LEAST of our threats. IF this is actually an aspect of the preliminary 'threat assessment' language, then it is way beyond the pale.

[edit on 4/17/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Well I guess I'm a terrorist then, come and get me [*SNIP*].

* Opposes restrictions on firearms -- check
* Opposes lax immigration -- check
* Opposes the policies of President Obama regarding immigration, citizenship and the expansion of social programs -- check
* Opposes continuation of free trade agreements
* Opposes same-sex marriage
* Has paranoia of foreign regimes -- check
* Fear of Communist regimes -- check
* Opposes one world government -- check
* Bemoans the decline of U.S. stature in the world.
* Upset with loss of U.S. manufacturing jobs to China and India -- check
* . . . and the list goes on

My own addtions(not necessarily in the report, but probably implied)
* Opposes the unconstitutional federal reserve -- check
* Opposes the unconstitutional income tax -- check
* Opposes the patriot act and erosion of civil liberties -- check
* Supports the restoration of The Constitution -- check
* Supports state rights -- check
* Opposes federal government delegating themselves powers not afforded to them by the constitution -- check

Now that I think about it, yeah you might want to round us all up, or things could get nasty for you bankers and politicians.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/17/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

S&F!

It's nice to know someone out there is taking this seriously. I haven't had a chance to read the other document in full but I did read parts of it and I have to agree with djzombie - I qualify as well. As do, I believe, at least 75% (or more) of the American population.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

So the fact that this was done in the bush era means what then? People yell at obama about this but the assessment was done by Bush.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

That is true that it was commisioned by the Bush HSA. The point is that from what all the members of this administration have written in the past, its what they intend to do with and what they can do with it. The complete disregard by our Congress an Senate (Democraticly controlled) of any semblence of Constitutional scholarship gives us pause to consider the true intent. Just the way Nepolitano tried to side step any type of appology to our troops and just said she was disappointed in the language is enough to show exactly what they think of our Volunteer Armed Service members!

Zind

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I guess they will try to put me in the same fema camp with djzombie..It is could to here there are many americans that are ready to stand up to the federal BS..Hope the Tea party movment gets bigger with more steam..it is way over due.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well this is what you call the effects of bills like the patriot act and the military commissions bill. People like me used to scream and yell about these laws and how they can be used to turn anyone into a terrorist and alls I heard from the right was "Forget the constitution we need these tools to fight terrorists" Well guess what this is how the two party divide and conquer works. Forget the constitution as long as MY gang supports it then I need to also. This gives BOTH parties the same powers to enslave us. Congrats to the right for waking up. To bad Obama will NEVER repeal such laws and WILL use them against government decention.

But on subject this is good the government NEEDS to be sued over this. We need to get the patriot act repealed but having that kind of power is not easy to give up from a fat government.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by mybigunit]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
First off I just want to say that I dont really believe much in conspiracies. I mostly think stuff just happens. BUT, as the Godfather said if anything happens to my son Michael on his way back home, whether he get shot, or hit by a car or struck by lightning I will take that personal....

If that governor from Texas gets shot, hit by a car, commits suicide, or gets struck by lightning then I will take that personal. I will become the biggest conspiracy nut of all time

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think there should be a movement to sign up for Janet Napolitano's list. Add your reason you want to be counted among her 'extremists': you're a returning military, you're against higher taxes, you object to her creating lists of ordinary, innocent Americans and calling them extremists, etc.

I'm sure we can get tons of prominent and everyday Americans to sign up and show Ms. Janet that we are sick and tired of her trying to paint us as enemies of America.

We are proud to be Americans, and she can go crap in her hat.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It sure is amazing that the Government has developed such an entrenched warfare type of mentallity. I wonder what it is they think that why it is so many people do not approve of how the government conducts it's affairs. I wonder if they imagine that we are simply just too dumb and ignorant to appreciate the fine incompetent jobs that they do of increasing their power, influence, pay and benefits or whether they just resent that the money to do those things flows from us the tax payers and it gauls them that they have to be dependent on us for it.

One thing is for sure the government is broken every which way it can be broken. It's morally broken, it's financially broken, it's culturally broken and it has reached to level where doing business with and being under the thumb of the mafia is easier and safer than the U.S. Government.

In a way they are right to be worried about so many of us, as it has to be getting clearer and clearer even in their insulated and well protected little cloistered worlds that more and more citizens have reached the threshhold of about all they can stomach out of their lawmakers and govenors.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Are you a government agent trying to trick us into giving our names and addresses to DHS so they can track us down easier?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You know what we should all do. We should all stop working and stop paying our bills and our taxes and let them see how well that works for them. Kinda one of those "if you wanna get nuts then lets get nuts" kind of scorched earth scenarios.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join