It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog or Cat?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I would live to have a cat, but there's no way the dog would accept one...I do miss them, and the way the just chill out with you without smothering you like he does. He's a bit of a handful.....

However, I'm definitely a doggie fan. I've had dogs all my life, and feel very strange if he has to go to the pet sitters, like on the day before we go on holiday, and I have to be in the house without him. He more or less follows me everywhere, and sleep in his bed next to mine. Quite often the first thing I see in the morning is a wet doggy nose and two big brown eyes. There is something very reassuring about his constant companionship, and his watchfulness. And he's an excellent mouser!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980

Originally posted by nick_napalm
I personally love dogs also, I'll take them any day over a cat. You can do so much more with a dog than a cat, like playing fetch or running with them and many more.

Cats are cool but personally I don't like them that much.

Actually, my cat plays fetch, hide and seek & tag amongst others .....its endless fun

Oh and i don't have to take it for a walk, although it will follow me

pickle kitten:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0b4631dc070.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 19-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

Well you obviously got an exception.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have both.

My cat boxes up my dogs, they rumble at night for at least an hour, when I go for a run with the dogs the cat tries to come with us, if we stroll he goes the whole way, it's very cute

The cat is defn smarter, no doubts. He was lost for nearly a year, and he hunted and looked after himself, and when we found him again ( i cried for a week) he fit right back in, like he was never gone, except he no longer does that selfish cat thing, 'just pat me when I want something' he pretty much is purring next us all the time .

The dogs though are my heart.

Love them both equally of course...yawn

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd48cd1bc168.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae

Quite often the first thing I see in the morning is a wet doggy nose and two big brown eyes.

I got up this morning and walked into the living room to find my dog on the window sill licking his undercarriage with great relish.

I went over to pat him and wish him 'good morning' and he looked up and licked me right on the mouth.

I'm sure it was deliberate - he's not usually that affectionate

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Haha I have to admit that my cats do these things too.

they LOVE if I hide behind a corner and pop my head to look at them, haha, man it amuses them so much, they always try talking to me when I do that.

They play fetch.

And they play tag when in the mood, when I run away from them they chase me, and then they run away from me and I have to chase them. (I probably look like the silliest guy in the world, but they really do play it and I admit it's damn funny lmao)

ps. anyone have a cat obsessed with going inside bags etc? My cat will jump and snuggle up in any bag he finds open, and loves it when I carry the bag around. If it's a backpack, I zip it up and close him in, and put the backpack on my back and walk around and he loves it. Strange cat.....

[edit on 19-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

Man, you sound just like me - i thought i was the only insane one, oh and my cat lurrrrves plastic bags - it wouldn't let me put it in a pet carrier yet is happy for me to walk around with him in a carrier bag
Loves cardboard boxes too - it often opens the xbox box and crawls inside to curl up and sleep - munched through most of the botton flap though

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Speaking of odd and pets. The best toy I could every give my little buddy to your left is a plastic bottle. No matter what he is playing with if he sees a plastic bottle give it up he is coming for the bottle.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

my dog would kill to get his teeth into a GONK, problem is, no one really sells them anymore, and he nearly pees himself when he see his half eaten one up high in the cupboard

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87d278148927.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Like younger kids you buy them the most expesive toy you can think of and they would rather play with the box.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I love cats and relate to them more, but I also love dogs. Especially bigger dogs, which is funny because I love samoyeds and they are usually twice my size hahah! I'm a really laid back, lazy person sometimes and kind of bossy, so I'm more like a cat myself.

And I've always had cats so I grew up with them. I like most dogs, but my boyfriend has yorkies and they kind of bug me.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voyager1
I would say dogs make better watch dogs. Who ever heard of a watch cat? No one ever sees a dog drag up a rat that might have destroyed hundreds of dollars worth of AC ducts had he got under your house. I think they both have a place of near equal value. A good dog probably rules though.

you also never see a cat sniff out its owners stash and grass him/her up to the polizi.

I'm a dog owner/lover. They rock, who needs an allarm when you've got dogs?

I have a cat allergy, but i still love them, they're cool in their own rights and stuff, but dogs win every time. A dog truly is mans best frind. I know for a factoid that one of my dogs will protect me no matter what (the other one will run a mile if I fart too loudly, but he's a gentle giant so I'll let him off)

here's my little saviour. Tyler. Staffordshire Bull Terrier Cross. (with what? I've no idea)

He's 1 year old.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
here's my little saviour. Tyler. Staffordshire Bull Terrier Cross. (with what? I've no idea)

He's 1 year old.

Awww, cuuuuuute. Just going by looks though, i'd say he's crossed with a boxer

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Could be, he's given me a fat lip with a punch, so it's well possible

I looked at other breeds of STB and there's american ones and irish ones and so on, so he could still be a pure breed. *hopes for a first play at crufts*
(fat chance, we came last in everything at dog training class
)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join