It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are point allocations so different across the forums ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Honestly is our time somehow deemed to be less valuable just because we are posting in the conspiracies in religion or parapsychology boards and not the political ones ?

I understand the debate and writing forum giving more points to a degree, as I understand using mods to bump up bonus points is a lot of hassle for trying to be nice.

But really getting starred or having threads be active in one board on the main ATS site and receiving significantly less points simply because of where the thread is located is bogus, obviously these boards have people who come here for those topics and who want real thought out discourse on them, are we being punished because the children cant keep away from are vampires real threads ?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

Im not sure what you are saying?Are you in favor of the political or UFO threads?UFO threads always get less applauses and points because the speculative nature of them.Make a good,legit one and you will get many points and applauses.Political threads by nature have many people on different sides and thus more points given.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
No I'm saying (as far as Im aware please correct me if Im wrong) that the base points you get for replies to your threads, or for getting stars, is different depending on which forum you are posting in, even just for replying in some forums I believe you get more points that in others ( possibly just in the writing forum).

If that is the case I dont think its very fair, of course if you get a load of flags / stars you should get points for it, I'm just saying I think it should be equal across all the forums on the ATS main page.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Im not sure but I think the political forum gets more points.I agree it should be equal.But then again I dont know much about the political forum.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

Here's a couple of threads on the point system:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and

handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

A couple of things have changed since those were posted ...

"Applause" is now 500 points
You get points for podcasts, tinwiki contributions, contests, writing, debating, joining twitter, and many other ways.

As far as different forums having different point values, the only one I am aware of is the "Breaking Alt. News" forum, I imagine that is simply to encourage searching out the latest alternative news going on at any time.

Staff can chime in on this as I have undoubtably gotten something wrong but I don't think there is a difference in points given between all other ATS/BTS forums.

I hope that helps a little.

[edit on 16 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
As I said fair enough if its just news and writing forum, even if its just to cut down on live mod work having to adjust peoples points manually.

And by no means am I complaining about the other ways to gain points (tinwiki, podcasts etc).

It just looks to me like there are differences depending on which boards you post in beyond that.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
It just looks to me like there are differences depending on which boards you post in beyond that.

Mmm, I don't think so but I am often wrong.

I think your best bet is to ask someone in "staff" for further clarification as I seem to have reached the limits of my knowledge. (it happens a lot)

new topics

top topics

join