It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All ATS posters...from a Nuub

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This is my first post on this site..however, not new to this kind of gathering.. First, I want to ask a question...why are you on this site..Is it for self stimulation to see how you can flame, debate, insult, out smart your weak enemy..become a super poster..Where is your compassion for the people who reply to their thoughts...where is you ability to try to understand people as they are..now matter how different their opions may be...This is why the greed of the world is rolling like a steam roller, destroying every good person in it's way..stop and think on what/how you are pushing people in to a corner of explosion..to the point they cannot take it anymore to the point of revolt..just my thoughts..go for it..I know there are some razor tooths waiting to tear this apart...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
lol. I am here to inform and learn. Maybe debate. As for YOU, why are YOU here? To test are intelligence, insult us? I find ur thread simply rude. Why would u even post that?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by booky

Well, you asked the question:

I want to ask a question...why are you on this site.

Then you seemed to assume the answer for everyone, and castigated members:

Is it for self stimulation to see how you can flame, debate, insult, out smart your weak enemy..become a super poster..Where is your compassion for the people who reply to their thoughts...where is you ability to try to understand people as they are..now matter how different their opions may be...This is why the greed of the world is rolling like a steam roller, destroying every good person in it's way..stop and think on what/how you are pushing people in to a corner of explosion..to the point they cannot take it anymore to the point of revolt..just my thoughts..go for it..I know there are some razor tooths waiting to tear this apart...

It doesn't sound like you have a very open mind.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by booky
...why are you on this site..Is it for self stimulation to see how you can flame, debate, insult, out smart your weak enemy..become a super poster..
Where is your compassion for the people who reply to their thoughts...

I know there are some razor tooths waiting to tear this apart...

Forgive me but it would seem that it is yourself that has " blustered in " with pre-conceived notions , are you anticipating a "reaction" or sincerely asking a question ?

Why the martyrdom ? Who has wronged you ?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It was a simple thought..not to stir up the world...just trying to understand the aggressive replys by some posters..why are you so sensitive..like I thought some would be..chill..it is only a question I am trying to understand.....that is why I am here.. a simple question..

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by booky

I am simply here seeking an exchange of ideas. I may not always agree with the ideas presented to me but I am able to take myself with enough of a grain of salt to know that just because I do not agree does not make it untrue. I think you are stereotyping us without really knowing any of us friend.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by booky

It was a simple thought..not to stir up the world...just trying to understand the aggressive replys by some posters..why are you so sensitive..like I thought some would be..chill..it is only a question I am trying to understand.....that is why I am here.. a simple question..

Perhaps you should take more time, and formulate your "question" in a clearer manner. It looks more like an accusation, than a question. In fact, nowhere did I see one question mark.

link   
Hi booky.

I am here because I find so many like minded people and enjoy the discussions.

Yes, there are a few that are rude at times. They will probably chill out in time or will leave.

If you allow it, you will become a wiser and more patient person. You will also be able to hone your communication skills.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

link   
reply to post by booky

Because of your passive agressive post. People quite naturally get aroused when approached in the manner you did in the OP.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Sincerly forgive my punctuation...this is not a blasting post..I have been reading mamy post..not making accusations...just trying to understand the competative atmosphere..why is the drawing defensive thoughts..

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
edit; removed.

Fair enough booky.

Just remember first impressions ..... and all that jazz !

[edit on 16-4-2009 by UmbraSumus]

[edit on 16-4-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow,,I did not know I had the ability to passive aggressive....I feel like I just jumped into the water asking directions..and was put on a cross for cruxifiction...I guess my question was rightfully answered..

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by booky

Heh. Hi, booky. I don't know why some people are on this site. While I don't condone some behaviour here, I do find interesting viewpoints, and knowledge. It's life, booky, just get over it. And enjoy what you can.

Edited to add that no doubt I have irked some people in some way.
But I rarely know about it because I just usually post an opiinon or experience and move on and don't check back later. But that's just me. I figure U2U is there for something, eh?

[edit on 16-4-2009 by kyred]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Thanks for you thoughful reply...I feel better that someone is reading the post..as I said..I am not the superposter with all of the most rasor sharp post..just trying to understand to high velocity competition...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm in the same boat as Wits. I'm here for the exchange of ideas and information. I'm searching for truths and sometimes i have to sift through lies to find them.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Wow,,I did not know I had the ability to passive aggressive....I feel like I just jumped into the water asking directions..and was put on a cross for cruxifiction...I guess my question was rightfully answered..

Your OP was a clinched fist , not an open palm .

There was a latent antagonism beneath your questions.

I guess my question was rightfully answered.

Your prophecy was self fulfilling .

---------------------------------------------------------
leaving that to one side
---------------------------------------------------------

Hello Booky,

I particularly like ATS for its diversity of opinions , often i encounter opinions which differ from my own .
And though i do not always share someone's point of view ....... i can admire how they deliver there opinion .
A turn of phrase , a concise description ..... a witty reply .

Seek dialogue , there is plenty of it here on ATS.

Just MHO .

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Thanks Umbrsumas...Believe me the post was not a negative thought process..just an observation on my part..maybe a badone..but it was mine..not to blast anyone..I did however bring out people with preconceived attitudes..in my opion...it was a test to see the responses..I got what i asked for ..now I have posters I can rely on from their responses..looking forward to more thoughts so I can build a data base on compassionate people.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

..looking forward to more thoughts so I can build a data base on compassionate people.

....... you sly fox booky !

We were just the subjects in you diabolical scheme

What do you have in mind , once you have collected your data ?
Is this building up to something ?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Doesn't the world need more people with big hearts...and less game playing..I mean..WTF..is it a race or something? Why can't we all just help each other for a better world. The wild reactions and self gain has to stop..when the world begins to crumble more than it is now..it is going to be a sight to see who gets what..man..it is sad..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join