It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS issued report on extremism despite concerns.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

DHS issued report on extremism despite concerns.

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – Civil liberties officials at the Homeland Security Department did not agree with some of the language in a controversial report on right-wing extremists, but the agency issued the report anyway.

The intelligence assessment issued to law enforcement last week said some military veterans could be susceptible to extremist recruiters or commit lone acts of violence. That prompted angry reactions from some lawmakers and veterans' groups.

Homeland Security spokeswoman Amy Kudwa said the report was issued before officials resolved problems raised by the agency's civil rights division. Kudwa would not specify what language raised the concerns.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Whoa! I just watched the you tube of the Bapist Pastor that got tasered and now I read this!! IMO, it's truly the beginning of the end and the white house does NOTHING!!!

doesn't issue and stop on police brutality of US CITIZEN but will halt all interrogations offshore!!

So, now ANYTHING can/will be considered 'hate' by ANY religion is now suspect to being 'extremist' ..

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I reckon I am a right wing extremist many times over

Seriously, I really can't understand how so many of our politicians in Washington can continue to support such nonsense. You would think that by now they would realize that American's rights are being threatened and should do everything in their power to restore those rights.

join