It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is All Of His Support?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
People are expecting results soon.

Expectations are the building blocks of disappointment.

Having said that he should and will be judged on eventual results or lack thereof.

What really grinds my gears though is those who would rather see him fail than be proven wrong. The size of their egos apparently outweighs the suffering of American citizens. To them, the worst thing that could happen is Obama actually being successful and achieving remedies to what ails us.

But then again this rather common to those who's political ideology is so closely related/attached to their ego, any success by what they perceive as the "other side" becomes a personal affront.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I disagree with him a lot and will criticize him as well. But in the end I want and need him to succeed. I will try to give him the benefit of the doubt. I will give him more time. But once again I want and need him to succeed.

Because this isn't all about me. It is also about my family, friends, and fellow Americans that I love. I would hate to see them suffer just because I want to see him fail.

Whether we like to admit it or not, we are all on the same boat. Divided, but on the same dang boat.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by jam321]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Where you espousing the very same thing when Bush was in office?
What grinds me is the sheer hypocritical nature currently being displayed by those who support the policies of the current adminstration, all the while claiming or insinuating that they themselves do not carry their own political ideologies closely attached to their egos.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

That said, four months is hardly any time in the grand scheme of things to implement viable change.

With all due respect...it only takes one day to royally screw things up even worse. It only takes one policy to blow up in our faces...our government doesn't even read bills they sign.

We should all be overly critical...just as we were with Bush.

It's not just Obama...it's all of them...

Pulling money out of our asses that isn't there is hardly solving a problem...watching the debt increase to even more insane levels than under Bush..only to see his puny tax cuts to 95 percent of Americans mean nothing as they are going to have to inflate our currency...which is a tax on all of us..rich/poor...black/white...gay/straight.

It's been happening for decades...and it's going to get worse.

If he were actually going to do something good he would make the federal reserve transparent or nationalize it.

Until then...he's as full of it as the last guy.

Giving anyone a free pass in government for any amount of time is completely wrong IMO.

He's not making all of these decisions anyway...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Where you espousing the very same thing when Bush was in office?

I was where I always am, at home wishing the best for this country and the world no matter who is in office.

I know, I'm just strange that way.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Well then, admittedly, you are one of the few.

Human nature has the innate ability to produce vying perspectives.
I knew there was a reason why I hate political discourse.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
When the peeps are scared they lash out....its to be expected.
Even on ATS apparently.....
If you are American you should support the president!
At least until you cant stand it any longer!

Obama didnt ask for a s*** storm just like
bush didnt ask for a s*** war....did he?

Sorry mods.....btw I love the mod(maria's)posts on the former page! Starred!
BTW, If I can think of a better way to put it I will edit the "S" out of there!

[edit on 17-4-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpeele
Well now since all of that has blown up in there face, I dont here anything about all the good that he is going to do

Your analysis is premature and unsubstantiated.

I am hoping you would be wise enough to know that finding our way through a lot of the mess left behind from the previous administration would take more than 100+ days to sort out.

I wouldn't even expect McCain to have sorted out the economic mess that fast, unless he revealed himself to be some sort of Wizard with magical powers and could wave a wand and get us back on track.

Obama isn't Merlin...but then the task may even be too great for the wizard himself.

Can you give the President at least a year before you claim the entire presidency a failure?

At least then you might make more sense and have a more legitimate argument.
- Lee

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

That said, four months is hardly any time in the grand scheme of things to implement viable change.

With all due respect...it only takes one day to royally screw things up even worse.

It took the Bush administration eight years to get us there.
Now...conveniently...they accept all the credit for the good and disavow the bad as if none of the decisions they made over that time frame actually pushed this country further into collapse.

In all honesty most of the true conservatives saw how that previous administration financially railroaded America.

You can't claim its worse now when the true effects of the corrective measures being made are still in the process.

I mean really what do you expect any President to do following a crowd like the Bush admin?

It will take time, that much I know.

I didn't expect a Miracle on 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
That stuff is for the movies.

- Lee

Edit: Fixed spelling

[edit on 17-4-2009 by lee anoma]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

It took the Bush administration eight years to get us there. Now...conveniently...they accept all the credit for the good and disavow the bad as if none of the decisions they made over that time frame actually pushed this country further into collapse.

You are right...but also remember that only the majority of people in this country are in the middle...many weren't awake then.

It took much for them to wake up. A historical election with a female VP and black P nominees....the first bailout/tarp, stocks plunging along with everyone's 401k's, huge job losses, huge spending bills that aren't read.

People woke up to this stuff...this started under Bush and is still happening.

I really wish more would wake up to what the federal reserve has done to this country...they lowered interest rates that made the entire mortgage crisis possible...and now they flood the banks with money.

The government and the fed work hand in hand...yet we have no control over the fed...and therefore no control over our own currency.

The government keeps spending...the fled will keep inflating...at tax for all of us...and there is no escape or tax credit/cut that will save you from this.

It's all BS. 8 to 13 dollars extra per week on your check..which only lasts for a short time by the way...will do NOTHING.

It's a joke....but at least he can say there is a tax cut like he promised.

Nevermind he just jacked cigarette taxes through the roof...or the fact that many states more than make up that money with new taxes to cover their own debt.

And still...we have inflation staring us down.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpeele
Alot of people said that Obama was the perfect person for the job...

I voted for him and I new that he is far away from perfect person for the job, he was however a better (or less worse?) candidate IMO.

"Perfect" people are generally NOT electable. Ron Paul was better (still not "perfect") candidate then both IMO, but, unfortunately, not electable.

What really rushed me to the voting booth and made me actually get off my lazy butt and go (I almost decided to sit this one out) was Sarah Palin.

When I saw her literally scary "performance" and when I realized that she could actually become VP, I had to do something about it, as an atheist and someone who loves this country I could not let that happen

What I think what really happened last year is that you Republicans blew it...

Ya all should of go for Ron Paul and he would definitely sway many democrats towards Republican party, but you simply could not let go of WAR, Ron was too peaceful for your "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude

Now ya all cry about it... Tough luck, lol

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CapsFan8
So what would you choose, a giant douche or a turd sandwich?

Maybe people will learn their lesson and vote for ron paul next time.

I'm in love with Gerald Celente and Ron Paul at the moment. They're both awesome, brave people who will hopefully be remembered as a voice of reason during these times. I rarely look up to people.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CapsFan8
So what would you choose, a giant douche or a turd sandwich?

Maybe people will learn their lesson and vote for ron paul next time.

We couldn't. He dropped out.
If he hadn't pulled out of the race he would have had my vote !
I wish he would have just ran as an independent like Ross Perot did so many years ago.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can ‘throw the rascals out’ at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy.

- Carroll Quigley – Author of Tragedy & Hope

Hot-button issues are so significant to people because they're the only significant differences between the two parties. Remember, McCain had his own TARP proposal, and McCain had the same proposal to stabilize housing prices.

You're being played. It's okay.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

In those few months Obama has taken a bad situation and made it worse. And as far as having only a ball of yarn and candied yam to work with ... that's simply not true. He is in the most powerful office in the world (allegedly).

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Remember, Obama's administration inherited this mess, not created it.

Remember, Obama's administration made it worse and HAS created a much bigger mess then he inherited. The excuses that he just inherited it and the plea to give him time don't fly. He's making it worse.

Sure he can't fix everything in four months .. but he isn't even going in that direction. He's going further south.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
With his cabinet choices, their corrupt disclosures, and the promise of "Change" (a Clinton administration brought out of moth balls), his now proven rhetoric (since he has already broken promises including no pork, transparency, leaving Iraq, etc...), oh...and speaking of transparency, Where is his birth certificate?
A 20 dollar fee to request a copy of his certificate of live birth has instead been replaced by multiple hundreds of thousands to fight legal suits, and still we know he has acted to supress it's existence along with college records. He seperated himself from his grandmother faster than, and as if she was worse than, his former pastor.

Should I mention his choice of Treasury Secretary?

He could swap jobs with Hilary and the only difference would be, she has a more cackley laugh.

But, to be fair, although my grandchildren may be indebted for life due to the unprecidented spending, (I've been using the term unpresidented for over eoght years now in government commentary),
It has only been three months.

Maybe President Barak Obama will pull it off.
I would be pleasantly suprised.

To sway off topic for one moment,
I wonder if their new canine's name BO, is short for Barak Obama.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well I am kind of relieved Obama is not the JFK type, I would of been devastated if he was murdered, but then again rumors are he may be shot...anyway. That would be ugly!

Bush was not popular with the North American African's, especially the ones related to Katrina. Obama is a band aid, and a catalyst for the white man's karma. Lot's of jobs in the "security" business for our unemployed black bothers. Nothing will get better, as long as we continue to let lying, sadistic, deceitful, psychopath's rule and intimidate us.

Haven't you noticed how people are defamed, tortured and murdered for being a good respectful courageous humanitarian. Not something I would want to happen to Dr Paul.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
To OP-
You hate PETA and Obama. Clearly we cannot be friends.

Anyway,
*raises hand*
Here's his support. Right here. Thanks. I'm still here.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'd like to go on record as saying that I think he's doing well with everything except the economy (and I don't think anybody would do well with the economy).

I'm a big fan of his approach to foreign policy (you know...maybe try to make the rest of the world not hate us and want to blow us up and stuff?).

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Yeah, I'm still peeved he didn't run as an independent, but after the lack of support in the primaries I'm not surprised he lacked any faith in people to do the right thing.

I still wrote him in.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join